All member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Zany food-as-weather tale full of humor, great drawings.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bypleeoh October 24, 2010

Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2009

Love it!

Almost a classic and the very best thing for reading to a child when she/he wants a little humor. Also, a perfect book for kids who are just starting to read!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byfoodwarrior May 24, 2013

Read aloud for lunch to your kid(s).

I read this story to my son when he was four years old (he is five now) and he really enjoyed it. I think the idea of weather expressed as food and how it drove the city's people from their home really appealed to his imagination.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 23, 2012

cloudy chance meatballs

bones could easily have come from a spaceship. Families can talk about weird weather. What's the strangest weather you've ever experienced? If weather really was food, what foods would you want to have appear?
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJamie and James March 15, 2010

My 7-year-old recommends it!

I think that my son really learned a good lesson in the book. It's in a way educational, and he really loves it! He has just finished reading it twice, and he even brought it in for show and tell-once! But I think he really enjoys that it is told from a story point of view-James loves to tell stories. He also likes the fact that food comes from the sky. I had to explain this to him-he was confused about this. I think I did a bad job with it- he is under the impression that a pancake will close his school! Really, great fantasy book!
Educator Written bysb34chick November 21, 2009

Sweet Story

A classic story, recently transformed into a 3-D animation by Sony Pictures, this story is quite unique. In the pleasant town of Chewandswallow, the story opens up with Grandpa in black and white, detailed pen sketch illustrations. While the town has been blessed with food raining from the sky to provide the residents of Chewandswallow with great meals, recently terrible things have occured. As each page progresses, the colors draw brighter and the food gets worse and worse, from the Spaghetti tie-up to a pea soup fog, the folks of Chewandswallow don't know what to think of this strange weather. A wall illustrated book and humorous storyline will connect with readers of all ages. As the residents leave Chewandswallow on a piece of dry bread, to a town where they now have to get used to buying food, more like today's world, young readers will wonder for a moment if this story could have been true. A "sweet" tale with a sure mystery as to what the community of Chewandswallow will do with their "sour" predicament.
Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old May 8, 2012

Disappointing book

I watch the movie first and loved it, then i read the book and was very disappointed. If you liked the movie you could give the book a try. I hope i helped! Overall I say it was too short and had no characters with names! what in the world? Nitrohazard
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2010

Good For Anyone

I might be too old for this book, but it always makes me hungry and it is my favorite childhood book.
Kid, 8 years old November 6, 2009

Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2009

i loved this book when i was little

i loved this book when i was little! but there are some very mild intense parts in the story.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2009

Amazing Book!

This was my mom and my favorite favorite favorite book when I was little. I love it!
Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2009

For Anyone!!

I don't know why this is rated 6+. Anyone can do it. It's my favorite book!! I know I'm old, but I still love it. I saw the movie, and it doesn't do the justice of the book. Read this, and to your kids, tweens, and teens!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 September 18, 2009

I remember being read this book when I was young

and thinking how creatively told it was. Great book for 5+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzhp7654 September 16, 2009

Better than the movie

I read the book online. It starts with a grandfather telling a story, not a mad scientist! But the book is better than the film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byb-ball August 31, 2009

Almost any kid would like this one

This was my favorite book when i was younger. I would spend lots of time thinking about what would happen if the weather really did bring food. I would recogmend this book to any young child.
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bySouthernPhoenix June 11, 2009

Grew up with this book

This is one of my all time favorite books and I am so excited that it is going to be a movie later this year! My kids never get tired of listening to it. Maybe a younger class would have been more into the book though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 26, 2009

Food for thought.

This book will leave kids thinking about things. A must read for young kids.