All member reviews for Counting by 7s

Striking tale of quirky girl connecting after parental loss.

Educator and Parent Written byCSM Screen name... February 6, 2014

Touching, well characterized

I recommend this book to all people who can care for others and find a sense of family and acceptance with anyone. (or who need to see that fact). Great characters and strong female main character.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Counting By 7s

I really love this book! I wrote a book report on it for my homework. All my friends loved it so I recommend kids or even adults at any ages to read this book. It's a wonderful book, similar to Out Of My Mind and Wonder.
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Wow

Wow so good any age would like this.
Kid, 9 years old March 13, 2015

7s

its about a 12 year old girl growing up and losing her parents several times
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookfangirl8 December 6, 2014

I would reccomend this book

This is a great book that is fantastic for kids 11 and up. I don't think 10 and under would understand this book so that is why I say 11. Your kid may be ready for it before 11 but I'm not saying they will completely understand it. Willow is a lovable misunderstood 12 year old girl. She is a genius in everything medical and plant related. The only thing about this book is it can be a little bit depressing. Not quite TFIOS depressing but it will make you think about what you would do if both your parents died and it made me sad. I know I'm rambling but all in all a 1/5 violence, 0/5 sex, 0 or 1/5 swearing, 2/5 consumerism, and 1/5 drinking/drugs/smoking
Teen, 15 years old Written bycheer_4_life April 17, 2015

An Amazing Author!

Kudos to the author! This really is an amazing book. I am reading it and it is so good! I love the book. It has a great message! That message is that when you loose someone close to you or someone you love you just have to keep moving forward! Like me for instance... I lost my grandpa 2 years ago in March. Now on the day he died, each year, I have the best day of my life because I think of how close we were. Also the fact that I think about our relationship and the amazing times we had together! I rate this 10 and up because you have to be able to understand her point of view and her feelings.
Kid, 9 years old July 11, 2015

So touching and funny

Holly Goldberg Sloan has done a great job telling Willow Chance's touching story. When I am reading this book I cry, I laugh, and I get excited. This book truly is amazing.
Adult Written byHappyChild July 23, 2015

This is to deep for younger kids to under stand...

There is just no way you can let your kid read this at the age of 9 or 10. They wont understand whats happening or the moral of the story. I cried through half of this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKimberley Jones June 18, 2015

Counting by 7s

I just finished reading "Counting by 7s", which my little sister had recommended. I really enjoyed it, and Willow's quirky personality, but further on in the book, I began to lose interest. It is a long book for younger children, but with motivation, I finished. The plot line focuses on Willow, a preteenager dealing with her parents' death. Children that have experienced this may not be ready to read this sort of material, but it is an appropriate novel that I really enjoyed.
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2015

Amazing Book!

This is a great book about a girl who loses her parents in a car crash. The main character is a 12 year old who loves plants and diagnosing medical conditions. Barely anything inappropriate (just a brief paragraph). Just an amazing book. If you liked Wonder then you'll probably like this.
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2015

Interesting Stuff

This is a really good book that tells an intriguing and excellent story. The only things I have to say about it is some of the words that this book has in it. You will find such things like "fertility test" in it, so I would just advise parents that, if your kids read this book, you might get some questions about some different stuff if your child is not old enough or anything.