All member reviews for Counting by 7s

Striking tale of quirky girl connecting after parental loss.

Educator and Parent Written byCSM Screen name... February 6, 2014

Touching, well characterized

I recommend this book to all people who can care for others and find a sense of family and acceptance with anyone. (or who need to see that fact). Great characters and strong female main character.
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Wow

Wow so good any age would like this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookfangirl8 December 6, 2014

I would reccomend this book

This is a great book that is fantastic for kids 11 and up. I don't think 10 and under would understand this book so that is why I say 11. Your kid may be ready for it before 11 but I'm not saying they will completely understand it. Willow is a lovable misunderstood 12 year old girl. She is a genius in everything medical and plant related. The only thing about this book is it can be a little bit depressing. Not quite TFIOS depressing but it will make you think about what you would do if both your parents died and it made me sad. I know I'm rambling but all in all a 1/5 violence, 0/5 sex, 0 or 1/5 swearing, 2/5 consumerism, and 1/5 drinking/drugs/smoking
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Counting By 7s

I really love this book! I wrote a book report on it for my homework. All my friends loved it so I recommend kids or even adults at any ages to read this book. It's a wonderful book, similar to Out Of My Mind and Wonder.
Kid, 9 years old March 13, 2015

7s

its about a 12 year old girl growing up and losing her parents several times
Teen, 15 years old Written bycheer_4_life April 17, 2015

An Amazing Author!

Kudos to the author! This really is an amazing book. I am reading it and it is so good! I love the book. It has a great message! That message is that when you loose someone close to you or someone you love you just have to keep moving forward! Like me for instance... I lost my grandpa 2 years ago in March. Now on the day he died, each year, I have the best day of my life because I think of how close we were. Also the fact that I think about our relationship and the amazing times we had together! I rate this 10 and up because you have to be able to understand her point of view and her feelings.
Adult Written byTheQUeenDerpy May 11, 2015

Counting By Sevens

This Book is a little bit how do i put this…. Probs dose not desvere to be a Bluebonnet. My Fellow coworkers have children who said that "This Book Is not so good for 3rd, 4th nor 5th Graders." They would say. I would say "Nor any of you are close to being correct. If this was a bluebonnet they would make sure that is it is safe for those 8-12 year olds you get my feeling?" I would tell them. Until they told me that at the start of the book Willows parents die in a car crash? I asked them if i could just for a little bit. So i read it and :o i was in so much pain and shock! Willow! Oh no Willows parents! WHAT? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?????? THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSCE! It is a very complicated book. Not for elementary school students. Please in my opion on this book when buying the book.