All teen and kid member reviews for Crossed

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 November 3, 2011

Just a tad disappointing...

Some violence and a lot of kissing. I think it was a little disappointing in comparison to Matched. I don't remember anybody having sex. If they're talking about Hunter having a daughter, yeah it never said he and Catherine were married, but it never said they weren't. I thought the whole middle part was a oxymoron because Cassia and Ky were separated again, but the cliffhanger will keep you begging for the final novel.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 November 7, 2011

More violent than the first book

After reading Matched, I was excited to read the sequel. I don't like it as much as the first. It's slow on some parts, Cassia and Ky bicker a lot, and it was a little confusing. There is a lot of mentions of dead bodies, and some people bleed. There is some kissing, but I don't remember anyone having sex. At one point Cassia says that she strips down to her underwear when she is changing her clothes. They use d*mm, but mostly it says people cursed instead of saying the language (like in Matched). I personally think Matched was better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense November 30, 2013

BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE! I GIVE IT 20 STARS!

I found this one was the BEST in the series! There is some language, the d word a couple times, and I don't really like how Ky and Cassia spend the night alone in the Carving. This isn't THAT violent, and it doesn't go into much detail. This one is VERY fast paced, so if you think the first one is slow just keep pushing through it to get to this one!
Kid, 6 years old June 8, 2012

One of the best books I've ever read! Futuristic, imaginative and powerful

I loved this! It was one of the best books I've ever read! There were many positive messages, like escaping the cage of the futuristic government's complete control. Cassia is a strong girl, unlike so many others in films or books, it seems. In the first book, she chooses passion over the "perfect" match society has chosen. She escapes this destiny. In "Crossed", learns to live with this choice, and tries to find the balance between her friends and family back home, and her love who is with her right then. There are some scenes that are so vividly and powerfully written you feel as though you are there, and some might find this disturbing. But overall, one of the most powerful and meaningful books EVER!! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written by!ndie <3 February 10, 2012

NOT a very good book

I really like Matched better. The book was really boring at times, and most of the book was just traveling, not much action. Not the best conclusion either. I don't recommend this book, but if you want to read it, go ahead- but it's really boring.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywriter-at-heart March 31, 2012

READ!

This book was amazing, it was a great story of teamwork, love and trust. I highly suggest it for kids ages 13+
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!

this book has a lot more action than the first one, which makes it sooo much better=D
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

A Good Book, But Didn't Live Up To Expectations

Crossed is an enjoyable sequel to Matched, by Ally Condie. Matched was an amazing book, and after reading it, Crossed was a little disappointing. The beginning is a little slow, but after Cassia and Ky are reunited the plot picks up a bit. Most of the story is Cassia, Ky, and two of their friends wandering through a canyon looking for the Rising, a secret rebellion that they want to join. Cassia is a positive role model, because she is brave and doesn't give up or despair when she is having trouble finding Ky. Ky is also a good role model because he is able to see the world through other people's shoes and understand their feelings. The message of the book is that everyone should have the right to make their own choices about who they are and what they want to do with their life. In one scene in the book, Cassia and her friend Indie come across a field full of corpses. For some people, this graphic image may be a bit too much. Death is a common theme and there is a lot of suffering. There is not too much gory detail, but some scenes are pretty disturbing. Also, Cassia and Ky do kiss a lot, and express love for one another. Cassia talks about her feelings for Ky quite often. Overall, I think that Crossed was a good book, but not as enjoyable as Matched.
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2012

Crossed

I couldn't wait till it came out but when it did I was a little disappointed. It was OK but I thought it could be better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazy~chic'98 February 5, 2012

Just a little bit of a let down!

Well after Matched i was expecting something really good and i have to say i was a bit disappointed but all in all the book was pretty good just not as great as matched but if your interested in the trilogy you have to read the second novel! It wasn't a waste of my tie just a tad disappointing.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2014

more violence than first book.

Much more violent then first book, but Condie describes lightly of the more intense violence.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2013

BORING!

There is basically no plot, except smooches EVERYWHERE. There are some scenes of burying bodies and death.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus January 28, 2013

I'd pass with this one......

I wasn't really a fan of this book. I didn't really like Matched either, so I don't know what possessed me to read this book. At first I liked it better than Matched, but in the end Matched is still quite a bit better. I liked that the story was told through alternating viewpoints (I love it when books are written that way). I also liked the beginning of the book, but by a third of the way through I got bored with it. Vick was my favorite character but - Spoiler Alert! - he died toward the beginning of the book. Then, literally in the next chapter, Ky and Cassia found each other. Pretty soon after that point in the story I lost interest. The whole part about "The Rising" (which was pretty much what the whole book centered around) was very uninteresting to me. Seriously NOTHING happened in this book!!! Other than the intro of a few new characters and a little build-up and background info on The Rising. There wasn't even a climax. I pretty much found myself just not caring what happened to these characters. I wanted to like this book, but I'm just not into it. I really doubt I'll read the third one.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy April 25, 2012

Cassia is now an air head.

I finished this book a while ago and it's still good but there seemed like there is too much drama. Plus, Cassia doesn't really compare Ky and Xander like she did in the first book and wondering what to do. Should she go against the way of life that she grew up to know or follow what she is told to do like a living puppet? In this book, she doesn't really consider anything except Ky and being with him. By the way, there are a few slutter scenes so make sure you're able to handle that gore. It's still a good book nether the less.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover February 21, 2012

good not GREAT!!!

it wasn't the great sequel we all expected, no, but it is definitely still worth reading. and there's the 3rd coming out this fall
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockenizzy January 5, 2014

good details

I loved this book it was good and gave good details
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusic4life1223 July 10, 2012

amazing book!!

i loved the book! it is a must read and i cant wait for the 3rd
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2012

its a really good book

its a really good book but its for i think 11 year old kids ( Im 11) it has romance violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygcubed September 19, 2016

Amazing book!

This is an amazing action/romance sequel novel about two people who travel far and wide to find each other.
Teen, 13 years old Written byi'mbeautiful January 13, 2016

Amazing & entertaining

CASSIE is risking her life to try to find ky her true match .lots of action and mystries