All member reviews for Crusader

Racism, mystery, murder, and politics ... at the mall.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul April 9, 2008

Took them awhile to review this too...

Okay, here's the deal: I read this book in seventh grade (I was about 12) and I didn't have that many problems with the content. What is described above is accurate, although, some teens might not like the book just because it is a little slow at times. I can see how some can relate to this story and all that, but if your looking for a good book and thats it, then this would be a fair choice.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJess-goat02 April 9, 2008

Crusader; thrilling, emotional, andenjoyable all at once.

This book was very well written. I would not recomend it for younger children (probably not for someone under 10). The characters are very realistic. Anyone could realt to at least one of the many characters. I applaude this book. It's one of my favourits.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2008

I loved the book; even though it was sad at times.

Edward Bloor really knows what the real world is like. It's not all about the good times, where everyone has a happy ending. Roberta's life, I'll admit, does suck at many times. But, at the end, I was proud that she stood up to her could-care-less father, how Stephen Cross came out and told her the truth, and that her cousins' mom was coming down to be with them. I could never figure out if they lived in Florida or Arkansas.
Teen, 16 years old Written byamberembry16 January 28, 2011

Good for people that are mature enough to handle things.

I found this book to be very intriguing. I seen the book was written in 1991, before I was born. But stuff like this still happens these days. Drugs are used, kids get into games a lot more, prejudice is still here whether we want to admit it or not, and many people are still committing suicide. I do recommend this book to anyone.
Adult Written by3catmom April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjnlmama April 9, 2008

good book

truthfully this book was difficult to read because of its serious nature. But this is a very good book that I highly recemend for teens over 15 and young adults.