All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Sweet, funny summer vacation tale in 4th installment.

Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

One of The Funniest Books Ever

It's a great book; very funny, nothing inappropriate at all. The Wimpy Kid books are some of the greatest.
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2011

perfect for young teens

I love it! make sure you read this book.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byJoeFuentes November 10, 2009

Excellent Follow up to the series!

One more in the series and Tripp just LOVED it! He read it cove to cover in a day and then read it again. My only concern is the same that I have with many books and Movies - is that we are no longer teaching out kids to be GREAT, but just to be mediocre. It' s an over simplification, i know. But while I would include more take-away life lessons, I still liked the humor and how Tripp was all over it
Adult Written byjose parra October 23, 2011

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID IS AWESOME

that diary of a wimpy kid doesnt have violent language and its pretty funny and cool!!! so let your kids read it because its cool by jeff kinney
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants April 25, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written bydn200401 September 29, 2015

Diary of a Wimpy Kid:Dog Days review

Tittle: Diary of a Wimpy :Dog Days |Author: Jeff Kenny|Genre:fiction The story was about a kid named Greg that a bad summer. The main characters were Greg,Frank,Susan,Rodrick, and Manny .Greg couldn't wait for summer he thought he was going to play video games all day but he didn't. Greg wasn't able to play video games because his dad took away his video game console. Greg had to spend time out side and with friends. My favorite character was Greg because he did a lot in summer he had a lot of adventures. I can relate to greg because he wanted to play video games all summer but instead I spent time exerciseing and hanging out with friends . The book was alright.My favorite part of the book was when Greg was stuck in the girls restroom .My least favorite part of the book was when the book ended because it was a good book.I would change the part when Greg went camping because it was boring. I would recommend this book to people who like reading about realistic made up story's.I would recommend this book to people who are 5th-7thgrade.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2015

Greg's Parents

Greg's parents save the book and make it a valid option for your 8 year old. It's crazily mild, but still hilarious. Greg does have a crush on a high school lifeguard, but that's just middle school context. Greg's parents monitor Greg and what he does and though he still mocks them and his brothers, he respects their disciplines.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byCojack17 April 24, 2011
My kids have the whole series
Parent of a 10 year old Written byBeavBeavpop October 25, 2010

Hi

I love Diary of a wimpy kid because they just crack me up.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byeldetee October 15, 2009
I'm 13. It's not as good as the first book. The dog is not in it enough. It's pretty funny. Greg makes some really funny decisions.
Adult Written byKnowler March 10, 2012

This sequel is indicating of Greg's teenage life and possibly may not be suitable for kids under 12 years old.

Sure parents always do what's best for their kids and that is why they are always misunderstood by their own kids thinking this isn't fair. Look at Greg. He'll have nightmares of that mud hand after watching a horror movie. Besides the funny (actually disgusting) scenes of men in showers, Greg is still "cheating" as he goes for Holly Hills's sister, Heather. However, it never lasts and thank goodness for Greg to realise that his relationship with Heather will never work out. Hopefully Greg would treat Rowley with respect in the future works of this diary. This book is still a great read for anyone who is looking for humour whether in a crazy or a nonsense way as Greg's shortcut to happiness backfires.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byHighPlainsMom October 16, 2009

Let's Hear it For The Wimpy Kid!

My children cannot get enough of the "Wimpy Kid" series....teachers are fans as well...great books to engage young boys (often a hard audience to grab!) My 9-year-old and 12-year-old had to play rock-paper-scissors to see who got to read the new book first!
Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2011
love the book
Parent Written byTheUltimateDad December 28, 2010

Very nice book. I bought the whole collection for my kids.
Parent of a 16 and 17 year old Written byla_sombra1121 March 15, 2010
I think this book is very good for kid because its funny and good. =) :-)
Parent Written byT.O. Parent October 20, 2009

Looking forward to number 4!

My nine year old loved the other books in this series and can't wait to get his hands on this one. I hear there is a movie in the works, too.
Educator and Parent of a 9 year old Written bychichi39 May 18, 2010

PERECT FOR RELUCTANT READERS!!

The entire Wimpy Kid series is recommended - my son, who can read with no problem but doesnt like to/refuses to ate this entire series up!
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2010

It isn't the worst book ever.

Love this book!!!
Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byJacobyShaddix32 November 27, 2009

good book

good book for kids
Parent of a 4, 9, and 14 year old Written byitsmehere October 20, 2009

Loved all 4!!

Our 9 year has read and enjoyed them all. She was so excited to learn number 4 was coming from her school book order that she reread the first 3 to get ready. She would often laugh out load and read sections to us.