All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2011

love the book
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

One of The Funniest Books Ever

It's a great book; very funny, nothing inappropriate at all. The Wimpy Kid books are some of the greatest.
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2011

perfect for young teens

I love it! make sure you read this book.
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2010

It isn't the worst book ever.

Love this book!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2015

Greg's Parents

Greg's parents save the book and make it a valid option for your 8 year old. It's crazily mild, but still hilarious. Greg does have a crush on a high school lifeguard, but that's just middle school context. Greg's parents monitor Greg and what he does and though he still mocks them and his brothers, he respects their disciplines.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 28, 2014

4th book in the hilarious series is the most intense but the most interesting

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2014

A little ruder than the other 3

In this book, Greg mentions that he was going through the men's shower room and hated it there cause he sees the men naked.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynesrine addeche February 9, 2014

I LOVE DIARY OF A WIMPY KID

it is a book for all children to read and i am always having it in my bag .
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2014

Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

a wimpy summer for greg heffley!

the diary of a wimpy kid books are the only book series i will read! i have been reading diary of a wimpy kid ever since i was in 2nd grade and i am in 5th grade now. in dog days the main character Greg Heffley is on summer vacation but it does not go as well as he thinks. his dad adopts a dog named sweetie which causes trouble for the Heffley family. this is one of my favorite books in the series. 5 STARS!
Teen, 16 years old Written byReadersidekick September 14, 2013

Life in middle school

I believed it the best book I every read
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2013

OK book, too easy for middle schoolers (too big for 4th and 5th graders too!)

I never really understood why this book was geared toward middle schoolers. It's a really easy read and can get really boring. The story kind of seemed to repeat itself and I really don't see, even though it's a book, how it has any educational value in it. Don't bother if you're older than 10. The kids in my grade have already gotten over it. Just don't buy into it.
Kid, 9 years old June 29, 2013

Just Don't Buy This Book

Don't Waste Your Money on This. I Read Half a Chapter of This Book and Returned It. This Book is Disgusting Seriously, It is Expensive Too. $12.99 For a Book I ABSOLUTELY HATED. It is all Just Silly Child Humor Which I Don't Think Kids Should Laugh at. Why Is Everything BOYS This Book is So Gender Stereotypical. I Didn't Laugh at All. I Only Got This Book Because My Friends Liked It. The Author Is Just In It For The Money and To Bribe Boys Into Liking His Books. DON'T BUY THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012

Boring! Thumbs down! xD

Hmm... Not that good... Kids will get board...
Teen, 14 years old Written byjbgirl471 September 20, 2012

give it a chance

when i was younger i read dairy of a wimpy kid um........... i like it and i was into for lik 4 weeks when i rad all four books but know i think there a little funny cause i get the pats i did not get. but when ur egight its a realy funny book. and i think the parents who say that it has a lot a flirting well..... to bad u read funny books whene u were younger to keep ur children in a bubble were they cant do anything
Teen, 16 years old Written byTivinia June 28, 2012

SUCKES

it was bad i hate it this is thw worst one of the book the other books from the diary of the wimpy kid!!! :( it sucks i'm really sorry but it's just what i think. :( but i do love the other books from the diary of thw wimpy kid.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool May 30, 2012

Very good.

I love this book.In my opinion,the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid book series is consistently great! This book is hilarious.Especilly when Greg fell over peach ice cream! That was SO funny! :D
Kid, 9 years old May 27, 2012

Muddy Hand Horror Movie, saying "Poo", falling in love with a girl, and good for schools.

if you are a teacher, get this book plz. only thing u should watch out for is the muddy hand murdering people on a horror movie. i think it really happened to jeff kinney. also, greg thinks hell (i mean he'll, sorry for the h word) date with holly hills. also, he even thinks of him parking with holly hills. watch out... pause for 6 and under. good luck of not being embarrased, thrilled, or scared. i reccomend it, and wont miss it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 18, 2012

Funny book!

This was a great DOAWK book! Yes it had violence,sex,and potty humor but it was really funny so chillax CSM!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 31, 2012

Summertime book for tweens

Because of the summertime setting, this is one of the first of the DOAWK sequels that does not have such an excessive "been there, done that" feel. The good messages and role models come back again, but there are some inappropriate themes, like Greg needing to search through the town pool's shower rooms full of naked men so that he could find Manny (who had sneaked in there), and eventually needing to open his tightly-shut eyes in order to find him, which led to him being sick to his stomach during the next couple of pages. Still, great book for middle schoolers and the summertime feel might even appeal to nostalgic parents. Keep the comedy going!