All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Sweet, funny summer vacation tale in 4th installment.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 31, 2012

Summertime book for tweens

Because of the summertime setting, this is one of the first of the DOAWK sequels that does not have such an excessive "been there, done that" feel. The good messages and role models come back again, but there are some inappropriate themes, like Greg needing to search through the town pool's shower rooms full of naked men so that he could find Manny (who had sneaked in there), and eventually needing to open his tightly-shut eyes in order to find him, which led to him being sick to his stomach during the next couple of pages. Still, great book for middle schoolers and the summertime feel might even appeal to nostalgic parents. Keep the comedy going!
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2012

dog days

funny parts!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshevon_espinoza March 10, 2012

likes

when i read this book to my daughter.she wants me to read it every night
Adult Written byKnowler March 10, 2012

This sequel is indicating of Greg's teenage life and possibly may not be suitable for kids under 12 years old.

Sure parents always do what's best for their kids and that is why they are always misunderstood by their own kids thinking this isn't fair. Look at Greg. He'll have nightmares of that mud hand after watching a horror movie. Besides the funny (actually disgusting) scenes of men in showers, Greg is still "cheating" as he goes for Holly Hills's sister, Heather. However, it never lasts and thank goodness for Greg to realise that his relationship with Heather will never work out. Hopefully Greg would treat Rowley with respect in the future works of this diary. This book is still a great read for anyone who is looking for humour whether in a crazy or a nonsense way as Greg's shortcut to happiness backfires.
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2011

read this really

i dont understand why all the diary of a wimpy kid books are 3 stars it just does not make sense.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2011

Very risque, but the best in the series.

Greg is mean to his best friend and is disrespectful to his elders. A scary muddy hand frightens Greg at a sleepover and scares him during the entire book. Greg has a crush on a high school girl and talks about a long term relationship. Butts are shown many times in the story. Although she can be pesty sometimes, Greg's mom is only trying her best to be a good mother. Words such as fart and idiot is used.
Adult Written byjose parra October 23, 2011

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID IS AWESOME

that diary of a wimpy kid doesnt have violent language and its pretty funny and cool!!! so let your kids read it because its cool by jeff kinney
Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2011

My thiugths on Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days

i think it is a good book because its funny, educational, sets good role models and explains bad ones, and its just a plain well written book!!!! ENJOY!!!!
Kid, 7 years old September 24, 2011

dog days

It is cool
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2011

AWSOME

I am 11 and I have read the book. I think that it is good for any age. And its hillarious!!!!
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants April 25, 2011

Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byCojack17 April 24, 2011

My kids have the whole series
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

THE FUNNIEST BOOK EVER!!!

THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

So funny!! I like the part were Greg and Rowley are scared of the muddy hand!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2011

THE BEST COMEDY BOOK EVER!!!!!

I LOVE Diary of a Wimpy Kid!! It is my faviroute comedy book ever. Greg's parents play good role models and give you positive messages!!! I have read all four now and I am just about to start The Ugly Truth. Can't wait and also... BUY THESE FAB BOOKS!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlyyKiiD January 11, 2011

This is actually a pretty good book, one of my favorite of the many I have read. Kids about 9-10 and up would like this book especially mature tweens and teens.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2011

good for 12+

i like it and it was a very good book but it has some negitive thinking just for kids i mean im not a parent but i think its a good book for 12+
Parent Written byTheUltimateDad December 28, 2010

Very nice book. I bought the whole collection for my kids.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2010

Hilarious Series

I loved this book and I love the whole Wimpy Kid series, plus the movie was pretty good. The entire series is funny, but I think this book was the funniest so far. While reading this series I usually smile to myself or giggle softly if somethings funny, but there was one part in this book that made me literaly laugh out loud. Good book for tweens and teens.
Kid, 10 years old November 13, 2010