All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Sweet, funny summer vacation tale in 4th installment.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 18, 2012

Funny book!

This was a great DOAWK book! Yes it had violence,sex,and potty humor but it was really funny so chillax CSM!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 31, 2012

Summertime book for tweens

Because of the summertime setting, this is one of the first of the DOAWK sequels that does not have such an excessive "been there, done that" feel. The good messages and role models come back again, but there are some inappropriate themes, like Greg needing to search through the town pool's shower rooms full of naked men so that he could find Manny (who had sneaked in there), and eventually needing to open his tightly-shut eyes in order to find him, which led to him being sick to his stomach during the next couple of pages. Still, great book for middle schoolers and the summertime feel might even appeal to nostalgic parents. Keep the comedy going!
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2012

dog days

funny parts!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshevon_espinoza March 10, 2012

likes

when i read this book to my daughter.she wants me to read it every night
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2011

read this really

i dont understand why all the diary of a wimpy kid books are 3 stars it just does not make sense.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2011

Very risque, but the best in the series.

Greg is mean to his best friend and is disrespectful to his elders. A scary muddy hand frightens Greg at a sleepover and scares him during the entire book. Greg has a crush on a high school girl and talks about a long term relationship. Butts are shown many times in the story. Although she can be pesty sometimes, Greg's mom is only trying her best to be a good mother. Words such as fart and idiot is used.
Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2011

My thiugths on Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days

i think it is a good book because its funny, educational, sets good role models and explains bad ones, and its just a plain well written book!!!! ENJOY!!!!
Kid, 7 years old September 24, 2011

dog days

It is cool
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2011

AWSOME

I am 11 and I have read the book. I think that it is good for any age. And its hillarious!!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

THE FUNNIEST BOOK EVER!!!

THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011
So funny!! I like the part were Greg and Rowley are scared of the muddy hand!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2011

THE BEST COMEDY BOOK EVER!!!!!

I LOVE Diary of a Wimpy Kid!! It is my faviroute comedy book ever. Greg's parents play good role models and give you positive messages!!! I have read all four now and I am just about to start The Ugly Truth. Can't wait and also... BUY THESE FAB BOOKS!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlyyKiiD January 11, 2011
This is actually a pretty good book, one of my favorite of the many I have read. Kids about 9-10 and up would like this book especially mature tweens and teens.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2011

good for 12+

i like it and it was a very good book but it has some negitive thinking just for kids i mean im not a parent but i think its a good book for 12+
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2010

Hilarious Series

I loved this book and I love the whole Wimpy Kid series, plus the movie was pretty good. The entire series is funny, but I think this book was the funniest so far. While reading this series I usually smile to myself or giggle softly if somethings funny, but there was one part in this book that made me literaly laugh out loud. Good book for tweens and teens.
Kid, 10 years old November 13, 2010

for machuer tweens

Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2010

For 9+ or a mature and good reader 8/7 year old.

I love it just like the other ones.
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2010

#1 book series

the series is so funny.I LOVE IT AWESOME BOOK
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkmist October 9, 2010
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2010

needs more appropriate languge

i think that it could use more appropriate language some might be not suitable for 9 year olds