All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Sweet, funny summer vacation tale in 4th installment.

Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2010

Book for anyone

This i a great book when you want a good laugh!
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2010

Best book yet and more to come!

As long as you have the time and patience to read these books [Each book is like 200 pages but easy reading], you will fall in love with them. :D Greg can be a bad role model at times, but it always ends well. The story can`t be all well in good, that`s what makes it a story! Jeez! Best book in the series yet, but I would totally recommend starting with the first book. The best are yet to come! Yay Jeff Kinney!
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2010

All right, I guess...

OK, sometimes Greg is kinda bad, but still the best book in the series.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2010

awesome

I think this book is very cool because Greg Heffley is not like other kids that would want to go out and get some fresh air, but he rather stay inside withe the curtains closed and play viedo games... GREG ROCKS FOR BEING DIFFERENT....
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2010

WOOT!! WOOT!! :D

Loved The Book! Read all of them. I cant wait for the next one to come out. I EVEN WROTE A BOOK REPORT ON ONE! I dont read much but this book is pretty good!
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2010

awesome

i saw no proplem with this book cs also forgot the movie diary you should have seen me and my best friend ethen in class at the time i was the only one in the whole grade who had the book and me and ethen were siting next to each other i showed him the sweaty part we almost got in tople for lol so loud in class
Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2010

Depends on your personality

To be honest, i would rather read one of Jeff Kinneys other Diary of a Whimpy Kid books. This one seems as if Jeff Kinney was sleeping the whole time. Well, i guess it was pretty good if i think of what it would be like for other kids but keep in mind i am only being postive. You might like it, who knows?
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2010

Funny...go jeff kinney!!

Okay...here we go: It's a great book-like any other Jeff Kinney book. But like other "Diary Of A Wimpy Kid" books the role models aren't good and the messeges aren't very posotive. But thats is what makes a Jeff Kinney book a Jeff Kinney book. He is a great writer and the stories are sooo funny but I think 8 and up is a good age range so they do not have tolearn these things when they are too young.
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2010

Dog Days: A Dissapointment?

It was a little bit of a disapointment for a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. It was okay, but like the movie, it could have been better.
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2010

bad for diary of a wimpy kid

it wasnt very good for diary of a wimpy kid, but it was still OK. the only thing bad is the role models, greg and rodrick arent very good role models.
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010

YEA

Yea this so fun to read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2010

Best in the series very fun!

This book is simply the best in the series. It is easy to read and fun, having lots of pictures and comics. There is a part which would scare someone under five, which is when Greg and Rowley sneak a horror movie from Rodrick's room, and the movie and how it is described might have little kids having nightmares about it. It is also mention several times afterward. Greg makes bad choices, including him running onto a thrill ride he's not ready for, just because his brother said you can't be a man without going on it. Greg also writes what he feels about things, like when he goes to a water park and specifically states that it's for three year-olds. In the picture, his family is the only one with children over two foot. When Greg's grampa says to Greg's dad that he actually ran over his childhood dog, Frank gets mad and buys a dog quickly. Dog Days is perfect for kids 6+, that is after they've read the first three.
Parent of a 16 and 17 year old Written byla_sombra1121 March 15, 2010

I think this book is very good for kid because its funny and good. =) :-)
Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2010

great

i have all four and its a great book dont get me wrong but i thihnk rodrick rules is better on ages 7 and up
Kid, 7 years old March 4, 2010

ummm... great!

Funny, crazy, and just plain original. This book is one of the best books I have ever read.
Kid, 12 years old March 2, 2010

Anybody can read it

I love the book. It only took me one day to read. I hope you enjoy. When greg can't go on vaction he spends his time playing video games all day.
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2010

PERFECT 4 ALL AGES

REALLY GOOD BOOK
Kid, 9 years old February 17, 2010

I LOVE IT
Kid, 9 years old February 4, 2010

Good!

Love it best book yet in the series.V.Funny
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2010

Perfect for Younger kids and tweens!

I don't have the book, but, I had time to read a bit of it at a book store. It's rather funny I must admit. There are bully's in the book but nothing serious at all.