All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

A good book for kids

This is a funny book! I think kids 8+ would love to read the whole series!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2013

konrad czajkowski

this book is a true book for kids as it does not include sex, violence, drinking, drugs, smoking, language, consumerism and other bad stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylogan96 October 29, 2010

c
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2012

Great

Great book. Greg and Rodrick do fight often, but nothing serious. I would recommend it to any kid from ages 9-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 31, 2012

Not as good as the other books

This is my least favorite Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. The biggest reason for this is the fact that the relationship between Greg and Rodrick just didn't ever seem to really get resolved. (SPOILER ALERT) Greg just helped Rodrick with his science project at the end. Does that really help things that much? Also, I think Rodrick didn't pay well enough for his actions. I mean, in the film adaptation of the book, their relationship got resolved much nicer. So in the end, this still might please DOAWK fans, but others, in my opinion, will probably find it's anti-climax pretty lame.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2011

BEST BOOK EVER!!!

Im 11 and i love this book i have all and cant wait until cabin fever is out! i read it all the time and im doing a book report for it!
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2011
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2010

GREAT SEQUEL!!

I LOVE THIS BOOK! IT'S REALLY FUNNY!!!! IT'S THE TYPE OF BOOK THAT PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE WOULD LIKE. I HAVE EVERY SINGLE DIARY OF A WIMPY KID BOOK MADE!
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2010

best DOAWK

this was a good book. im not trying to be like a parent though but i think the drawings in this book are nasty. rodrick draws greg being pushed off a cliff, and the violent movie project shows violent pictures like a knife sticking out of a skull and a guy shooting a tank & the tanks shooting a building thats being bombed too. also, greg draws a picture that says dont smoke or youll look like me with a ugly guy smoking and he also talks about a kid smoking too.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2010

This was a funny book and better than the second one.
Kid, 9 years old July 23, 2010

why i rated this on for ages 8+

language-mild calling jerk,red violence-teenagers were drawing violent pictures after watching violent movies role models weapons-while teenagers were drawing the pictures one of em were a sword on a skeleton
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2010

A charming sequel with a lot of laughs!

This is a good book for comedy people. There is some violence including a drawing of a disturbing skull with a sword stuck to it. A teenager is shown smoking and... wait, there is nothing more to say. Oh and "sexy stuff " is not really an issue. So, if you want to have a good laugh, read this!
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2010

if you liked the 1st you will like this one

rodrick is funny in my opinon but he does mean stuff to greg thank god i dont have a older brother the best scene was the party
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2009

Almost funnier than the first one!

I don't think this one could top number 1 . But I have to say , they're the same ! GREAT JOB JEFF KINNEY !!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2015

Greg Rules!

Greg does still mock his parents and Rodrick especially, but language lessened a tad, but there is still heavy amounts of middle school context. This book is a very good quality book. Go Greg!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 28, 2014

Hilarious sequel is mostly about brotherhood and getting along

Kid, 9 years old August 21, 2014

good book

good book this book is about sibling rivalry and the brothers never get along but at the end the main character Greg help his brother Rodrick pass through a test
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2014

Love this book series

Great for 9+
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2014

Just as good as the first book!