All member reviews for Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, Book 1)

Mild time-travel adventure.

Adult Written byMomofDevinandOwen April 9, 2008

My daughter's favorite book series!

My daughter started the Magic Treehouse book series when she was 4 (she's 5 now.) She loves the stories and we end up reading whole books in just a couple of nights. (The website is great, too - You can print out your Magic Treehouse Passport and earn "stamps" as you "travel" from place to place via the books by answering multiple choice questions about the books. ) I think this series is a great series to choose for kids just starting out with chapter books.
Kid, 11 years old December 12, 2009

its a nice story about Dinosaurs
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byRobtheIronguy December 19, 2010

Great Series for your kids

This series is an absolute keeper. We used this as the first "Chapter Book" for reading to our kids over multiple nights when they were 4. They also are reading it to themselves. The stories provide a great education on a broad set of topics throughout history in a very entertaining setting. Loved it.
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2010

Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2009

uhhhhh

nothing inapropreat just it might be a little hard for a 4 year old to read.
Parent Written byEmanuela January 13, 2012

Great series for beginning readers and beyond

This book and the whole series are great for beginning readers. They really helped my child enjoy reading because the words are short and simple, while the story is exciting and compelling. The author usually throws in a long word or two that she explains the meaning of. Each book has a bit of history from somewhere in the world.
Kid, 7 years old November 5, 2011

awesome book

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2011

Great

This is a great book to get younger kids to want to read, to learn when they read, and to enjoy great role models. If they can't read yet you can read it to them!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMLawson November 10, 2009

Love it. It is my favorite one
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2015

Not-So-Magic Pee House Sucks

Book for 3-year olds who don't know what makes a good book. It is overly little kiddy, sucks hard, and I want to murder the main protagonists because they are too annoying and stupid. 0/10, 0/100, 0 stars out of 5.
Kid, 7 years old January 17, 2013

Magic tree house Dinosaurs Before Dark (Book 1)

This book is about two kids that lived in Frog Creek,Pennsylvania. One day they went to the the woods and found a tree house. The kids names where Jack and Annie. Jack is 8yrs old and Annie is 7yrs old. In this series of Magic tree house is they go to long ago when dinosaurs were alive. What happened in the beginning? They find a tree house and Jack said... I wish i could see a Pteranodon for real... What happened in the middle? Jack found a gold medallion. The problem in the story is they don't know how to get back. My favorite part is that they get to see Dinosaurs for REAL. If you like Mystery's this a book for you.
Kid, 9 years old May 22, 2012

BAD!

BAD! DON'T GET IT! THE REST ARE BAD! GREAT FOR ONLY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! BAD FOR ME, GAMERQUINN!
Parent Written byaghori September 27, 2010

I highly recommend this for those kids ready to start reading their first series.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byNanabear2004 September 19, 2010

Great book series for young readers

The Magic Treehouse series is a fun "read to" for early readers. The series has been very popular with our first grader for a snuggle bedtime story. The adventures of Jack and Annie are fun to follow, sentence structure is easy and some cultural education is woven into each story.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008