All member reviews for Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

Teen, 13 years old Written byScreennameGirl September 13, 2011

Good For All Ages

I read this book to my little sister. She loved it! (I did too.) The story is about a pigeon who pleads and pleads you to let him drive the bus, even though the bus drivers tells you not to let him. He says things like "I'll give you five bucks!" and "I've got an idea. Let's play 'Drive The Bus'. I'll go first!". The illustrations aren't the best, but you'll love the way the pigeon's eyes show you his feelings. I loved the book. (This book has the Caldecott Honor.)
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 February 7, 2011

Mo Willems is One of my Heroes!

This is an excellent book for little kids. I read it when it first came out, at age 6 (I'm 14 now despite the fact that my profile says 17), and loved it. Mo Willems has created several books and cartoons that I enjoyed as a child, including the "Pigeon" series, "The Offbeats", and "Sheep in the Big City". I like his drawing style and his sense of humor. This silly book will appeal mostly to pre-schoolers, but kindergarteners and first graders will probably enjoy it, too.
Kid, 3 years old May 9, 2012

Let Me Drive the Bus!!!!

My three year old loves this book; I have to read it to him every night, and sometimes more then once! It's funny and it's easy for the kids to quote from it!