All member reviews for Dork Diaries 6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker

Graphic novel is funny but light on content, long on drama.

Kid, 9 years old August 26, 2013

How do you create a blog?

im sorry this is not the correct category but how do you create a blog or something like that??
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2013

Dork Diaries, tales from a very happy reader

This is a funny book that encourages reluctant readers to pick up a story and start reading. Although cartoons may seem very cheesy, most tween girls seem to be into drawing so this book will be something they will enjoy. This isn't very inappropriate, apart from the middle school dating, popularity, and rudeness. This book is almost like a tween romance light on, you know, Romance. It's middle school and its a book aimed to 4th and 5th graders, and also middle schoolers. Dork Diaries deals with girls lives, how they can feel pressured to do things, get bullied, and have grade failures in middle school. I think that most kids will enjoy it because it is realistic fiction and its about a girl overcoming her problems, which encourages middle aged girls to encounter and overcome her own problems, sending a positive message
Teen, 13 years old Written bytrustytruth20 July 16, 2013

Good Book

this book is a really good book! if you've read the other 5 books you'll love this one for sure. Niki is a good role model, because she makes mistakes but shes got super awesome friends who help her out. Friendship is really important in this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatherinekitty October 11, 2013

Popcorn

This book is like popcorn, tasty, but doesn't fill you up. it is a short easy read that makes you laugh but it's not something you would see in a school reading list. This book is fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemmygirl December 31, 2014

Okay

This book is mostly about Nikki's crush on some boy named Brandon. The whole time she doesn't dare to ask him to the Sweethearts Dance (where girls ask guys). I guess it encourages courage. There is heaps of brand names in (like Crazy Burger), which gets a bit annoying.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2013

Drama, Drama, Drama I can wait until middle school!

Often, Mackenzie (pretty much the villan) is related to an evil witch. There is soooooo much drama it started since the beginning of the series. Mackenzie interfers with the love life of Nikki and Brandon. But at the end of each series Nikki gets her happy ending. Then again at the start of each book the author starts it out as "OMG I am so totally------------!'' I think I'm sufereng from a series case of crush-I-tis! ( made up word or sickness.)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySummerbliss3456 September 30, 2015

LOVE IT!!!!!

This is a great book for Tweens, and teens. It is not good for kids ,because it has steriotipical content and makeout and sexual themes. But it is the best for Tweens and teens (mainly teens) I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybarbara1332 February 29, 2016

Dork diaries

The main character of the dork diaries is Nikki J. Maxwell. Nikky is a high school girl that has a huge crush. His name is Brandon. The main idea of this book is that Nicky thinks that the boy she loves doesn't like her back but actually he does. I think this means that you can't think about something with out knowing is true or no. I couldn't finish my book