All member reviews for Dork Diaries 6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker

Graphic novel is funny but light on content, long on drama.

Kid, 9 years old August 26, 2013

How do you create a blog?

im sorry this is not the correct category but how do you create a blog or something like that??
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2013

Dork Diaries, tales from a very happy reader

This is a funny book that encourages reluctant readers to pick up a story and start reading. Although cartoons may seem very cheesy, most tween girls seem to be into drawing so this book will be something they will enjoy. This isn't very inappropriate, apart from the middle school dating, popularity, and rudeness. This book is almost like a tween romance light on, you know, Romance. It's middle school and its a book aimed to 4th and 5th graders, and also middle schoolers. Dork Diaries deals with girls lives, how they can feel pressured to do things, get bullied, and have grade failures in middle school. I think that most kids will enjoy it because it is realistic fiction and its about a girl overcoming her problems, which encourages middle aged girls to encounter and overcome her own problems, sending a positive message
Teen, 13 years old Written bytrustytruth20 July 16, 2013

Good Book

this book is a really good book! if you've read the other 5 books you'll love this one for sure. Niki is a good role model, because she makes mistakes but shes got super awesome friends who help her out. Friendship is really important in this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatherinekitty October 11, 2013

Popcorn

This book is like popcorn, tasty, but doesn't fill you up. it is a short easy read that makes you laugh but it's not something you would see in a school reading list. This book is fun.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2013

Drama, Drama, Drama I can wait until middle school!

Often, Mackenzie (pretty much the villan) is related to an evil witch. There is soooooo much drama it started since the beginning of the series. Mackenzie interfers with the love life of Nikki and Brandon. But at the end of each series Nikki gets her happy ending. Then again at the start of each book the author starts it out as "OMG I am so totally------------!'' I think I'm sufereng from a series case of crush-I-tis! ( made up word or sickness.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byemmygirl December 31, 2014

Okay

This book is mostly about Nikki's crush on some boy named Brandon. The whole time she doesn't dare to ask him to the Sweethearts Dance (where girls ask guys). I guess it encourages courage. There is heaps of brand names in (like Crazy Burger), which gets a bit annoying.
Parent Written byKipling April 4, 2014

Do people know what 'dork' means?

I find the titles of all the Dork books totally offensive and inappropriate for children. A dork is the sexual organ of a whale, so to call anybody a dork is to call that person a large penis, which is inappropriate, insulting and vulgar. This whole series should be pulled off the shelves because of the titles. I am astounded that these titles are published and deemed suitable for anyone. I do not want to have to explain the title to children.