Kid reviews for Eleanor & Park

Intense '80s romance is a fabulous pick for mature teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byridak November 25, 2015

Good Book! Language makes it not that appropriate

I can't but it down!! SO GOOD!!! The bad thing is that the language is very bad! It's absolutely unnecessary, on about every page there is a "bad word"

Teen, 14 years old Written byBetty L. November 19, 2013

Stunning. Exceptional. Amazing. The Best Book Ever. It's official.

This was an exceptional book!!! I loved it soooooo much!!! I think it is probably the best book I have ever read! Stunning! The characters are very, very real, and the story is intense but strikingly accurate and certainly true. If you read this book, you WILL love it. Garaunteed. BEST BOOK EVER. If you see a review with less than five plus stars, they are WRONG!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySmolBatNumber46 August 19, 2017

An amazing book that makes you think, love, and cry. A lot.

This is one of those books that makes you stop and think... Wow. That is something. The characters are lovable (except for Richie. Richie is evil. Like, really really EVIL!), it's an accurate description of high school students, and it can be pretty funny at times. Eleanor and Park show a loving relationship along with Park's parents. It is obvious that Park cares a lot about Eleanor. Tina and Steve help Eleanor when she needs it most, even though they were jerks in the begging. Eleanor cares about her Mom and her mom cares about her too. Eleanor wants to save her siblings, but can't. Along with all these redeeming qualities, it also can be disturbing to younger readers. A rude "kid" (note the quotation marks) writes extremely dirty, sexual, and disturbing comments on Eleanor's note book that make her very uncomfortable. And the reader. Eleanor and Park have sex in the back of his car, though it's barely described. (It describes her arching her back. That's it.) There is also a bit of a make out session that describes the two love birds kissing and their shirts coming off. (Eleanor's bar stays on.) It is implied that Richie wants to sexually abuse Eleanor at a very scary part of the book. Richie is an alcoholic and abuse's Eleanor's mom and siblings. He yells at the kids. It is mentioned that Eleanor was sent away for a year because Richie was mad at her and never called for her for a year. At the end of the book, a character runs away because of a threatening situation. Kids make fun of Eleanor. Park and his friend have a physical fight because he was being a jerk to Eleanor. As for the language in this book... There are f bombs, sh*t, a**, h*ll, d*mn, basically any common swear word you can think of. Swearing is quite often. Well, this wraps up my review of the amazing Eleanor and Park. Thanks for reading and sorry about any spelling errors!

Teen, 14 years old Written bybbyblue.amaya_knows May 9, 2017

It was OK

I was definitely expecting more from this book. Eleanor and Park are kind of cute, but I wasn't die hard fangirlling (like I do for really cute couples.) This book had some extreme language. There is some fighting and abuse at home, and the girls can be cruel. There probably wasn't a page that didn't have swearing it. The insults are funny but mature. This book was decent, but not a tearjerker. I didn't fall in love with this couple, but it was good enough to keep reading. Don't go in expecting too much, because you WILL be disappointed.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybellastephens March 21, 2017

Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2017

The best!

There is Mature Content. The characters were interesting and well made. The beginning talks about how they met and the "author" introduced the characters... And then in the middle and the end of the book is getting intense. This book was really good and touching. I cried for about 15 minutes because it was so sad.

Teen, 13 years old Written byToasterStroodles March 6, 2017

Great, mature tweens will love it

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrierusso January 7, 2017

AMAZING!!!

Well the quality of this book was fantastic. I finished it in about 2 days. There is some language but I feel the book is appropriate for teens 13 and above or maybe for a 12 year old that has a mature reading level. Wonderful book and I definitely recommend it!
Teen, 17 years old Written bysvoss99 November 15, 2016

Adults please read

This book isn't like many others that Iv'e read. Now, you have the usual boy meets girl, poor family, everything is better in the end. But, this one really spoke out about certain issues kids today won't learn. I was 14 when I read this, and I am now 17. Reading this book really helped shape what I think about relationships with not only other people romantically but with families platonically. This also formed a conversation with my mom after she read the book. She explained how to react if someone was around me like the stepfather was to Eleanor, she explained how bullying works (even though I was already subdued to that in fifth grade), and she explained how this was a book to teach my children values that will help them when they're around 13 or even younger. I don't think it's a terrible thing to teach your children at a young age to read books that are challenging and/or maybe risky. Iv'e gotten closer to my parents, I felt more informed when I was younger and I know a lot more than others now. Please, please let your children explore and if they get a little uncomfortable or scared or if they don't want to read it, you don't have to let them. But please, if you read it and automatically think "No, my child CAN'T read this." then you need to rethink your parenting style. Try to open up to letting your children open up. They could learn so much and it could help them a lot when they're older. They'll grow up sooner or later knowing everything that was in this book. So please, let them have a wonderful opportunity to read this amazing book that taught me tons.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymariareginasl October 20, 2016

Mature and stuff

Well I'm a teen, a 14 year old girl, and at the start they mention something about sex that I wished that I haven't read I recommend that parents first read the first few pages and then If they think it's appropriate for their children, well they can read it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooklover13h September 28, 2016

Really great book

This is one of the best books i've ever read. It has a lot of swearing, but it's not more than a middle-school teen would encounter. Eleanor and Park are both really realistic characters, and i love love loved this amazing book!

Teen, 14 years old Written bysonyaamaa September 19, 2016

Teen, 13 years old Written byejlovesdance July 16, 2016

Loved it!

This book brings you through Eleanor and Park's relationship is such a deep and thrilling way. Even when the text isn't at a climactic point, Rowell makes sure to keep us entertained. I couldn't put this book down after hearing about it as a recommendation from a friend. The reasons I say that it should be 13 are the language, sex, and also violence. Eleanor's dad is abusive and violent.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNo-username-person. May 10, 2016

Teen, 15 years old Written byJackee March 25, 2016
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2016

Wonderful, powerful romance

Eleanor and Park is an amazing book. My best friend and I both love it. Note- there is a lot of F-bombs, but not too many that exceeds the for-mature-kids standard.

Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2016

Memorable!

This was a great book. I enjoyed it very much. It's a story that takes you on a romantic teenage roller coaster, it makes you laugh at times, cry, angry and fear. The story plot is so real, you begin to feel as if you are beside the character at all times, tapping into their thoughts and emotions and witnessing every scene in the book. I would recommend this book, however I'd only recommend it to people who think and act maturely or else some of the messages and themes in this book may be taken lightly. I'd recommend it to ages 14 and up, alternatively if you are younger and feel that you can handle a few f-bombs and some mature content go ahead and read it. Definitely a memorable read.

Teen, 14 years old Written byimaginationislife February 5, 2016

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BOOK

This is one of the best books i have ever read out of my years of reading!!! I loved how Eleanor and Park got along so well with each other and the fact that even though Eleanor was not the skinnest girl, Park loved her for who she really is. It was very sweet and touching and it gave me tears. The ending was sad but beautiful. I dont like it when romance stories end, but i guess most good things have to come to an end :( I wish the book carried on longer! Haha, even though it was quite long. I wish there was a sequel :D Even though, the book ended, Eleanor and Park will always stay in my mind and in my head. Even though they may not be real, my imagination makes them real. E + P = Love Forever!!! When i am sad, i think of them together. Or how Eleanor never cared what anyone though of her. She was unique and different. I certainly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romantic novel. Take a seat somewhere quiet and i assure you that you will not be able to put this book down. Cheers to Rainbow Rowell for this one!

Teen, 13 years old Written byNatalia Whitson December 14, 2015

A Teen Romance Book

Parents should know that this isn't the book there little kids should be reading. This book contains bad words with many other bad things. It would be ok for teens to read this because they won't take bad influences from it because it's just a book. It also contains other bad things like drugs that no kids should read about. There are some extremely bad parts of the book that I could barely read and sometimes just skip. There are plenty of reasons why I chose the age.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysofiaaaahernandez December 1, 2015

Eleanor & Park.

Title: Eleanor & Park Author: Rainbow Rowell Genre: Teenage romance Eleanor & Park is not your typical teenage romance. The story sets its self in the 80s, where two high school misfits come across each other on a school bus, and they gradually fall in love. The two come from two completely different families, Park comes from a very typical, and normal family/house hold, but always seeks his fathers approval, while Eleanor comes from a very dysfunctional house hold, because of her step father who tries to get rid of them. I can relate to Park because I can really say that, I also come from a stable family, but i also try really hard to get all of my families approval because it was and still is very important to me. But like Park I started to focus more on what makes me happy more than what makes others happy. And I love and fully understand why he started to focus on himself than his dad because he shown me to do what makes me happy. I loved this book because it isn't your typical teenage romance, and I loved how I related to Park so much. I loved how the two gradually fell in love and I also love how Park stopped caring for his fathers approval. I would recommend this book to anyone that wants a change from the typical teenage romance, or to anyone that likes a 80s kind of feel to a book. This book is quite amazing, on a rating system I would give this book a 5/5.