All member reviews for Ella Enchanted

Teen, 16 years old Written byLovesgirl2 February 11, 2010

Love the book!

I love the book! It was full of page turning excitement. Caught me from the beginning. I personally think the book is better than the movie, although A.H. is a very talented actress.
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2009

Awesome!

This book is very, well, enchanting. Very magical! One of my favorite books of all time and I am eleven.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 January 3, 2013

Great Spin on Classic Story

Ella Enchanted is a wonderful story that takes a spin on the Cinderella Tale: the reason "Ella" (her real name) is always obedient towards her stepfamily is because of a curse a fairy gave her when she was a baby; she has to be obedient whenever someone gives her a direct order. The story is about Ella trying to fight against her curse. Ella is a good role model becuase, unlike the original Cinderella, she tries to protect her friends (she knows that if someone ordered her to do something terrible, she couldn't stop herself). Violence: Ella's mother dies at the beginning of the book from an illness. Also, Ella is captured by ogres and nearly eaten. Sex: Ella falls in love with a prince, but it's very chaste.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybeckycarle November 27, 2012

Recommend it !

This book is a very good book. It’s funny and very easy to follow. It’s also a great children’s book. The characters are well explained and unique. The movie is still different. I would recommend the book because it is detailed and the plot is better, I wish there was more to the story line though.
Kid, 6 years old May 18, 2012

A fun, clever take on Cinderella, really well written and imaginative

I loved this book! A sweet, clever take on Cinderella. The writing is quick and engaging, and the story line is completely harmless. It's a great book for eleven-year-old kids, and a quick read for smart older girls. Ella is a positive role model. She is cursed into being obedient, but instead of taking it as something she cannot help, she works incredibly hard to get rid of the curse. She perseveres, and doesn't give up when things get hard.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2010

Awesome Book!

Ella is sort of a role model, kinda saying that you can change things if you work hard at it. It's a wonderful book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byWarriors_Fanatic July 16, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written byBbbbbbbi June 20, 2010

Ella Enchanted is a fantastic book!

This a great book! I recommend this book to anyone. My favorite part of this book was the letters between Ella and Char.
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2010

Perfect book for anyone over ten

this book is ausome!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bychou.weifong October 11, 2009

Perfect for everybody!!!

LOVE IT
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoe101 April 29, 2009

****$$ I LOVE THIS BOOK**$$

THIS BOOK IS FOR EVERY ONE WHO LIKES READING ABOUT FAIRIES AND GNOMES AND ALOT OF MORE MAGICAL CREATURES.....I'D SAY THAT THIS IS THE FANTASY BOOK OF THE YEAR AND IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A GOOD INTERESTING BOOK TO READ ELLA ENCHANTED IS IT!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byavidcritc November 23, 2008

my favorite book ever!

this may not be the BEST book i've ever read, but it is my absolute favorite. the atmosphere, the characters, the struggle, the triumph- they are all so real. when someone is an writer because they love to write, not an author because they want to be rich or famous, it shows. and it shouts out at you from every page of this book. i recommend it to everyone.
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2013

Fresh

Good book rated fresh
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2013

Ella Enchanted

I think this is a wonderful book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystylemusings December 29, 2011

Ella is a good role model!

Ella is like a feminist Cinderella! She is clumsy, awkward, smart, resourceful, brave, independent, and strong-willed. She values intelligence and courage over beauty and the prince falls in love with her anyway. She overcomes an enormous obstacle, battles ogres, and escapes from finishing school. Ella is a great role model for girls.
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2011

awesome

It was one of the first books I ever read.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2011

Must-read, the best book EVER!!!!!

I absolutely ADORE this book!!! It has SUCH an interesting plot, the characters are so deep and real to me, and every time I read it I feel like crying and laughing all the time! It is really well written and takes you along everywhere Ella goes. DEFINITELY a hidden gem, a must-read, anything good this book has it! I'm not even a fantasy fan and usually read realistic fiction but this book is just THE BEST.
Kid, 9 years old October 23, 2010

Love at first read

Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2010

awsome me!!!!

i love the moive and the book it was the best book i ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i rate it
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2010

Yay for Ella Enchanted!

This book is great, both the book and the movie!