All member reviews for Esperanza Rising

Historical fiction at its best in book on '30s farmworkers.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySenoraSammy August 18, 2013

Magnificent

This amazing book paints beautiful pictures in my mind and I can't stop reading it. Each time I do, it gives me a whole new positive perspective on life and makes me feel really cheery. The story of a girl who goes from riches to rags. The most inspiring book I have ever read.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2013

amazing book

amazing. just amazing
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2013

Esperanza Rising Review

Esperanza Rising is a very good book. It tells about how a girl named Esperanza has to leave her house and travel to a place called Arvin,CA. She has to work hard to get food and pay for her mom who gets a very bad sickness. She meets new people. Very bad things happen to her and her family and friends. Esperanza learns how to do new things and gets very good at them. Esperanza is very brave. She pushes through all her hard times. If there is one thing I could change about the book it would be the names of the chapters. They are all named after fruits and vegetables. I think this book is very good because it tells about what happens to Esperanza and that she learns what it is like to work all day long. He who falls today may rise tomorrow.
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2014

esperanza rising

I think i that it is a good book and is very appropriate for children 10 and up be cause maybe othe ages might not understand it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBUCKBUCK August 4, 2013

Love it!

This is an amazing book. I read it at 14 and loved it. Really inspiring and heartwarming yet educational.
Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2013

Esperanza Rising, a great thought-provoking book that kids will enjoy.

This was a great book! I think it's fine for 9 and up because the plot is a little hard to follow at times. There's nothing really iffy, except bandits killed her Poppa and Esperanza was extremely upset. This is a great book, which will lead you through lots of suspense, and they are powerful and positive role models. The moral of the story is that not everything comes easily in life, you have to push past your struggles and work toward your goals. That's the lesson I picked up from the story. Overall, this is a very inspiring book and I think that kids will really enjoy this well written book.