All member reviews for Etiquette & Espionage: Finishing School, Book 1

Delightful steampunk fantasy about girl spies and assassins.

Teen, 13 years old Written bythephantom1239 February 4, 2014

11 + :)

This book is really really good! Set in Victorian England, its vocabulary is wide - it would probably be handy for younger readers to have a dictionary nearby! The plot is great, a story about Sophronia Temminick, a unique heroine sent to a school for assassins. Gadgets, robots and the act of tucking your handkerchief in your corset, are all some of the things that make this book what it is - Simply Brilliant!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKat52 February 22, 2014

My Opinion

I thought this book was brilliant. I certainly learned a lot of etiquette just from reading this spectacular book. I also has an educational aspect as it gives you a feel of what Vicrorian times were like. If only I atended a school like this. Although some of the story line may be confusing to anyone under the ge of 12.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2014

This book was incredible!

This book was amazing! Full of suspense, great characters, and hilarious mishaps.
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written byPattiS 2 August 27, 2015

Really fun!

My 10-year-old son loves books about assassins and spies, so I picked up this book to see if he was interested. I read ahead of him to make sure it was okay since the recommendation was 13+, and found nothing inappropriate for him to read. And he loved it! It's funny and exciting, which is what he was looking for. The main character is really likable and inspiring. Plus, the steampunk setting reminds him of the Studio Ghibli movies which we all love. I'm on my way to the library to get book 2!