All member reviews for Evermore: The Immortals, Book 1

Twilight lookalike with more sex and profanity.

Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2011

Evermore!

I think this book is exceptional! I love this author and she has the most creative imagination of teen hood that no other author could have. I recommend this book to twilight fans and to people who love romance books. This book does have a little bit of swearing but it doesnt really effect me in anyway because i am so drawn into the character, i dont even think about it. I recommend this book highly and its one of the best book/series ever made!
Adult Written bystrawberryluva23 September 20, 2010

grrrr i hate this book

This book is terrible. I tried to read it for a little while, but around page 125, it started getting too explicit. There was a page with an f-bomb spoken every sentence. And the relationship with Damen and Ever is soooo stupid. I so wish that the YA publishers were more careful with what crap they put into books like this! Seriously. And I can't believe they have sex in the book! Argh... I hate this book so badly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate April 30, 2011

Teens Read

It's a good book. What I mean by good is that Ever does not have that little moral issue of "I wanna have sex with my boyfriend so I can be a vampire". Nope, Ever is certainly no Bella Swan. I think it's a bit mature for some younger readers, and I just don't see how the language is such a huge problem? I can understand not wanting kids to say it, but reading it is just not the same. So, after all, this is a great pick for teens who thought the storyline of Twilight was stupid and immoral.
Adult Written bymknight June 26, 2009

I read this book as fast as I could so I wouldn't have to read it anymore. This book--the story and characters--were not at all commendable. The f-word several times, bloody or gruesome things explained away flimsily and unintelligently in a rush at the end, a lousy tone.... This was not well-crafted and holds little if any positivity.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bydemusiks June 23, 2010

YA Authors-please give us something good for all!

Disappointed again by young adult authors. I see no reason why my tween should have to read curse words, deal with immoral issues and the like. She really enjoyed the story of the book, but finally stopped reading it because of the F-word. That is an ugly word in our house. Why can't young adult authors have a great story without all the bad words?
Teen, 17 years old Written bylyssayella January 10, 2010

im 16 and i dont really like the thought of my 14yr old sister reading it. There was a lot of parts where the guy wants to do her, its like its all hes there for, not really love. it was wierd and boring. Yeah 14 yr olds can handle it normally but the way she talked about how it was romanitc- no i dont think so, to me it want how love is supposed to be protrayed.
Parent Written byUke Nagash April 3, 2012

This book should be withdrawn form secondry schools libraries.

This book has no Positive messages to offer ...why should it introduced at secndry schools...Ed value 1 out of 5, violence 3 of 5, drinking drug & smoking 3of5. Common sense media says:Twilight lookalike with more sex and profanity. What are you parents waiting for to ban this book. Do we not have enough freeks running around and filling prisons..
Teen, 15 years old Written byohmyitskai August 27, 2010

Teens, not "tweens" or "preteens".

I enjoyed the book, as a 15 year old, but it is a "young adult" book, which, in my understanding means that it's geared towards teenagers. In my personal opinion, since teenagers are at least in middle school, they probably experience swearing on a daily basis at school, and are aware of what sex is. It depends on the maturity level of the person, but I there's nothing "new" that your TEEN shouldn't know about in the book. Personally, I don't really find an issue with swearing in young adult books, because it's more realistic than if the teen characters went around saying "gee-darnit!" or something like that. The book does follow a High School student, and thus has high school level situations along with it. The only reason that I give it a bad rating for role models, is because the main character is involved with Damen, who you learn is actually around 300+ years old, even though he is a teens body. I think that this sends a message about the way people look (similar to the Twilight Series). We all know that Ever wouldn't be attracted to him if he had the body of an old man, but just because he appears to be her age, it's okay. Overall, though, a good read that also has some psychic and supernatural undertones that are enjoyable!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydabaddest February 4, 2010

Good for teens and mature tweens

I luv this book iu tihnk everybody who said it was a twilight wanna be are haters!! ever more was very good and there was barely any sex in this book...i would say parents should let their kids read this book if they are mature(if i spelled that rite) because there is one semi-sex scene!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGame Girl5 December 16, 2010

Love the series!

I LOVE the series. I enjoyed it more than any other books I've read. I love the relactionship between Ever and Damen. Talk about true love not fake love like in twilight.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybookwormmeee August 26, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byB0oKw0Rm July 29, 2010

BEST

I LOVE THIS BOOK LIKE CRAZYY!! Its so Good...Id say this is totally better than TWILIGHT!! =D <33
Parent Written byCupcake! April 9, 2012

My little girl!

Well, this book was great for my 8 year old girl, she thought that it was the best book she'd ever read! She ever asked for the rest if the books for her birthday and christmas! She read in three days because she said they were too good to out down!
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 13, 2011

AAAAAAH!

AAAAAAH! Book trying to be Twilight and not succeeding! Storyline resembles the Twilight saga TOO CLOSELY, and there is WAY too much inappropriate stuff in this series.
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2011

older tweens and teens

good book innapropriate at times! i think if your a mature 11 year old or older you'll enjoy it!
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byworkenmom August 7, 2009

While there are a few things in the book that happen that give initial concern, the messages afterword are learning opportunities. A girl finds drinking helps her deal with things but then realizes she isn't living her life and drinking was a bad choice. A young couple are in a heavy petting situation but then she stops and he says he will wait forever.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJenn17 December 9, 2011

it's great!

From a 17 year old prospective, i believe that this book is great. i find it to be very addicting in a lot of ways. i don't think language is a bad thing, and the plot is just amazing
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2011

Pros and Cons

I am 12 and started to read that book. I did return it cause i had to read and take a a.r test -when you read a book then they ask you either 10 or 20 questions about the book and your teachers tell you how many points cause every book has it's own points- and i found myself reading a lot of words but not lots of pages. But what i read it is brilliant! I personally like the book. I think mainly preteens and teens will like this book. Not so much adults.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAllspark March 25, 2010

Copied

The only thing that kept running through my mind as I read this was "...Twilight?" Slightly different plot, 'cleverly' masked behind supernatural, but essentially, this is a Twilight copycat. That being said, it's still a nice book... just a little derivative.
Parent of a 4, 10, and 13 year old Written bybooksharing September 20, 2009

Good for teens; not for younger tweens for sure.

This book is a "sitting on the edge of your seat" kind of book and I couldn't wait to turn the next page..... There could have been a lot less sex talk including the gay friend but the story itsself was very good. When I started reading this, I didn't realize it was about immortality- just a book my daughter was reading so I picked it up and started reading. Not a book I would have chosen for myself; I don't really like the weird stuff of witchery or immortality. But it was a good read. The young girl in the book has to come to terms with her own emotions and that is good however to do this, she is able to pin the blame on someone else. Wish that could have been resolved in a different manner. The last chapter or two gets a little weird and creepy, even violent but I think a 14 year old can handle the whole thing.