All member reviews for Evermore: The Immortals, Book 1

Teen, 17 years old Written bylyssayella January 10, 2010

im 16 and i dont really like the thought of my 14yr old sister reading it. There was a lot of parts where the guy wants to do her, its like its all hes there for, not really love. it was wierd and boring. Yeah 14 yr olds can handle it normally but the way she talked about how it was romanitc- no i dont think so, to me it want how love is supposed to be protrayed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate April 30, 2011

Teens Read

It's a good book. What I mean by good is that Ever does not have that little moral issue of "I wanna have sex with my boyfriend so I can be a vampire". Nope, Ever is certainly no Bella Swan. I think it's a bit mature for some younger readers, and I just don't see how the language is such a huge problem? I can understand not wanting kids to say it, but reading it is just not the same. So, after all, this is a great pick for teens who thought the storyline of Twilight was stupid and immoral.
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2011

Evermore!

I think this book is exceptional! I love this author and she has the most creative imagination of teen hood that no other author could have. I recommend this book to twilight fans and to people who love romance books. This book does have a little bit of swearing but it doesnt really effect me in anyway because i am so drawn into the character, i dont even think about it. I recommend this book highly and its one of the best book/series ever made!
Teen, 14 years old Written byYsabella March 19, 2010

For older kids not under 13

I love the series,I read each of them in one day.It isn't too graphic because I already know about "sex"
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 13, 2011

AAAAAAH!

AAAAAAH! Book trying to be Twilight and not succeeding! Storyline resembles the Twilight saga TOO CLOSELY, and there is WAY too much inappropriate stuff in this series.
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2011

Pros and Cons

I am 12 and started to read that book. I did return it cause i had to read and take a a.r test -when you read a book then they ask you either 10 or 20 questions about the book and your teachers tell you how many points cause every book has it's own points- and i found myself reading a lot of words but not lots of pages. But what i read it is brilliant! I personally like the book. I think mainly preteens and teens will like this book. Not so much adults.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmileygirl1996 March 19, 2010

Perfect for teenage girls romance-supernatural sort of thing!

Loved it! If you like vampire books or anything in the "supernatural" or if you just want to read a teen-romance sort of thing it's really good. For girls only. Teenagers and maybe parents if they too like twilight things or sort of thing. I read it in a week i thought it was that good. It's easy to follow.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAllspark March 25, 2010

Copied

The only thing that kept running through my mind as I read this was "...Twilight?" Slightly different plot, 'cleverly' masked behind supernatural, but essentially, this is a Twilight copycat. That being said, it's still a nice book... just a little derivative.
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2011

older tweens and teens

good book innapropriate at times! i think if your a mature 11 year old or older you'll enjoy it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydabaddest February 4, 2010

Good for teens and mature tweens

I luv this book iu tihnk everybody who said it was a twilight wanna be are haters!! ever more was very good and there was barely any sex in this book...i would say parents should let their kids read this book if they are mature(if i spelled that rite) because there is one semi-sex scene!!
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2011

This movie, if described as a food, would be moist lemony and sweet. May I remind you that this is a TEEN fiction, and not intended for children under 12. One girl gets suspended forked drinking vodka, and it has mentionings of seducing, having sex with, and murdering people. They often say f*** or 'fug'. They occasionally say hell (not in rude and offensive way), d***, and b****. Teens go to clubs underage, and one character accuses the other of seducing a teacher. Scenes occasionally bloody.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGirlWithABlueHat September 6, 2010

Good for older teens.

I thought the book taught alot of lessons, that are good for kids, and adults to learn. Although, some parts of the book are inappropriate,it was an interesting, and heart-felt book to read. I strongly suggest it to anyone over the age of 15. Great book!
Teen, 15 years old Written byohmyitskai August 27, 2010

Teens, not "tweens" or "preteens".

I enjoyed the book, as a 15 year old, but it is a "young adult" book, which, in my understanding means that it's geared towards teenagers. In my personal opinion, since teenagers are at least in middle school, they probably experience swearing on a daily basis at school, and are aware of what sex is. It depends on the maturity level of the person, but I there's nothing "new" that your TEEN shouldn't know about in the book. Personally, I don't really find an issue with swearing in young adult books, because it's more realistic than if the teen characters went around saying "gee-darnit!" or something like that. The book does follow a High School student, and thus has high school level situations along with it. The only reason that I give it a bad rating for role models, is because the main character is involved with Damen, who you learn is actually around 300+ years old, even though he is a teens body. I think that this sends a message about the way people look (similar to the Twilight Series). We all know that Ever wouldn't be attracted to him if he had the body of an old man, but just because he appears to be her age, it's okay. Overall, though, a good read that also has some psychic and supernatural undertones that are enjoyable!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGame Girl5 December 16, 2010

Love the series!

I LOVE the series. I enjoyed it more than any other books I've read. I love the relactionship between Ever and Damen. Talk about true love not fake love like in twilight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byB0oKw0Rm July 29, 2010

BEST

I LOVE THIS BOOK LIKE CRAZYY!! Its so Good...Id say this is totally better than TWILIGHT!! =D <33
Teen, 17 years old Written byJenn17 December 9, 2011

it's great!

From a 17 year old prospective, i believe that this book is great. i find it to be very addicting in a lot of ways. i don't think language is a bad thing, and the plot is just amazing
Teen, 14 years old Written bysmile_its_me_3 March 31, 2010

Personally, I loved the book. And this is coming from a 14 year old teenager. I didn't think it was all that bad with the sex scenes, yet there were still some. But I really did love this book, although it kept me hanging until I got the next one!
Teen, 17 years old Written bycullengirl88 July 28, 2009

Perfect!

Great book! Has something for everyone- the supernatural, romance, drama, tragedy, and comedy. Great for older teens and an overall great book.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2011

awe inspiring

amazing book defenetly continuing there is some heavy kissing and almost sex there is bad language and only 3 chapters were drinking is involved i would say if you are mature enough you could read it at 12 but is an awing book read in 6 hours
Teen, 15 years old Written byi<3twilight October 18, 2011

no more haters

to all haters this is a good book so get a reality check cause look around you its wats happening no aint it