All member reviews for Evil Genius

Teen, 13 years old Written byHugeReader123 November 23, 2011

Okay Book.

1st off, there's a bit of cussing, a LOT of innuendo, such as: This girl and her boyfriend come back from a party with his shirt un zipped and she has a rose in her hair. Cadel looks at adult magazines, he thinks it's a good idea to have sex, just so he can be more experienced. The girl he likes thinks he's gay. Twins say that they want to take Cadel up to their room but can't cause he's off limits. The narrator says that the twins have very distinct eyes and breasts. One boy calls the twins a sl-t, b--ch, and so on. As for the violence, fingers are blown off, faces cut, heads cracked open, suicide, etc. The language consists of fifty uses of: p-ss off, da-m, god-amn, they use Jesus's name as a cuss word a lot. Cadel dresses up like a girl on several occasions, using make up and everything. not really any posotive messages. Cadel is told to never admit to anything, always lie, no matter who or what gets hurt. He makes the SAT tests fail everybody, and all of them are extremely depressed. I think one person commits suicide because they are so stressed over the topic. But besides that, it's an okay book. :P
Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

YUCK

This book had so much swearing I couldn't even get through the first chapter. I do not recommend this book at all.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

BAD BAD BAD!!!!

SERIOUSLY!??? this book is so violent and scary with references. HAVE YOU GUYS EVEN READ THE BOOK!!?? death suicide drugs smoking...
Teen, 14 years old Written byBel-chan March 5, 2010

Not a fan

Frankly, I found this book boring and slow-paced. Though I can normally become easily engrossed in my reading, it did not appeal to me or seem particularly interesting. The plot does not flow together and none of the characters are particularly likable.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasper April 9, 2008

Ooo...impressed, I didn't think it was going to be so...engrossing

I mean, the flap calls it "an engrossing thriller", which had me kind of raising my eyebrows in disbelief...And also, I have some strange fascination with child prodigies and aliens...But I read this and was very impressed at how deep some parts of it were. Overall, it is a very excellent read, though it does have some cussing and sexual references...Actually, it has a whole paragraph about Cadel being intrigued about sex. The violence isn't much, and I couldn't put the book down at all. I'm not joking. I read it nearly all throughout two days.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystarcatcher April 9, 2008

loved it!

I loved this book! I thought it was fun, it was interesting, and the characters feel real, even if the situations are not. I know some people might not like it, because they don't like this kind of book. But, if you liked Artemis Fowl or other fantasy/adventure/kid power books, you'll like this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooker29 August 18, 2010

Age 11 and up

Amazing book. I read it for my school summer reading list and as always it was amazing. One of my fav. books now and if you love action and a little sorrow, this is the book for you. Lots of crimes and fighting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byb00kread3r9 July 9, 2010

Simply amazing for teens and tweens

It is a very good book. It completely sucked me in and is a very good piece of literature. However, there were swears that are lower on the "totem pole", and one bad word against women.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizzavince May 29, 2010

Violent, but Amazing

I thought this was a really good book. However, it is extremely violent. It's a rapid page-turner, and the storyline may be confusing to younger readers. An awesome book!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywootwo May 1, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byphantom1412 April 9, 2008

Great book,

Most people would be to disturbed by the language in this book, so if your wondering should u let ur kids ready just make sure there mature enough. The title says a lot about the book. Word like bitch and S--t do come up but nothing a normal 13 yr old would hear every day in the lunch room. One thing is that this whole book is about criminal acts. Its a great story for any teen that is bored with the good hero and wants to read about the kid that is not so strong but is devilishly smart in any way, if ur like me ull et a little devilish smile through this book.