Kid reviews for Fablehaven: Fablehaven Series, Book 1

Exciting but flawed fantasy series launch.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybooknook23 September 17, 2015

GOOD BOOK!

I think this is a really good book! I was really into it and loved it! I'm sad lots of people stopped reading after they tried to read the second book. Out of the whole series, this one was hardest for me to get into, but if you push through to the 3rd book, it gets better! In fact, for me, the 3rd book is one of my favorites. And I know that this site is suppose to be "unbiased", but I've noticed that they give brandon mull a lot of bad reviews. All they say for this is "Parents need to know that aside from some fantasy violence, one of the two main characters repeatedly and stupidly disobeys adults, putting himself and others in serious danger, and seems to learn nothing from the experiences." they don't include the good story told, and how its about 2 kids who learn how to be better! Seth learns to not be so stupid, and Kendra learns to be more brave! This is a great book, and I feel like Common Sense isn't doing it justice.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymickelc0321 November 12, 2010

perfect for kids (or adults)ages 9 and up

this book is one of the best ive read ,once you start reading it you can not put it down!! Perfect for anyone who loves action,adventure,and fantasy should read this book!

Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2012

Trust me, it gets a lot better.

This isn't the best book, but the rest of the series is amazing. There is non-gory violence and a few scenes that will scare six or seven year olds, but 9 and up will be able to handle it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 24, 2011

Too bad the rest of the series stinks

When I read this book it I couldn't put it down. I think I ended up reading the whole thing in a week. I was thinking at the time that it was the best book I ever read. Then I started reading the sequal: Rise of the evening star and REFUSED to pick the book back up after I put it down.

Kid, 8 years old August 1, 2010

good for ages 8 and up

I think Fablehaven is a AWESOME book that balances adventure magic and plot perfectly. The author came to our school in march this year but our grade (grade 3) could not come!

Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2009

My Fave!

My dad and I both read it last year and loved it!

Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2012

Fablehaven

its an amazing book but the characters are a bit disappointing, Seth is always disordered and Kendra's just so boring but apart from that the rest of the characters are good and the book as I said is amazing
Teen, 13 years old Written byLindyWindy March 4, 2011

great, even if seth is stupid!

i love these books! although Seth is a complete idiot, and stays that way through the series, he ends up cleaning up his messes. he's a terrible role model, Kendra, however lame she is, is a terific role model, and my sister's favorate charachter. there is one scene where Grandpa and the Saytrs are celebrating, and drink a bit.

Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2011
I absolutely love this series! I have read them all a couple of times; you never get tired of them!
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2011

Wonderful Fantasy Book, Even Non-Fantasy People Would Love It

When I read this book, I loved it. It is amazingly enjoyable, and every book in the series gets better than the last. As for the content: Language: Absolutely none. The kids tease eachother a little bit, but there is no cussing. Drugs: In the second book (I'm reviewing the entire series) to the last book, there as some "potions" that people can drink that give them "fake emotions" like false bravery, but no actual drug use. Violence: There is a little bit of violence, but nothing graphic or described. I really would recomend this book to anyone, no matter what the age. The only possible thing I can think of that some parents may not like is like the CommonSense review states, Seth is constantly disobeying. He does get better at making decisions throughout the books though. Bottom line, even if you don't like fantasy books, you'll probabl like this. I hate fantasy. XD

Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2010

Aventure/Fantasy Readers, You're In Luck!

This was a great book. Exactly the kind of stuff I like: Fiction Adventure/Fantasy. Of course, if you like to read about stuff that's more happy-like, I don't review much on that. My favorite character was Seth. He's a daredevil. Kendra, on the other hand, is kind of a scaredy-cat.

Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2013

Not "flawed"

Best book ever!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrobratings8901 September 16, 2012

Fantasy Galore!!!

It's awesome! I love the climax. It's very well written, Brandon Mull is my very favorite author! The rest of the series is even better, and I can't wait for Brandon Mull's other books.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWarriors_Fanatic July 16, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicPerson June 26, 2011

Mull's books are awesome

This book is awesome for ages 9-12! It will also inpress teens! I could not put this book down; it was great! It has a little violence, and it has lots of fantasy animals, but it was cool!

Teen, 13 years old Written byKpw1013 April 24, 2011

Best book I've EVER Read! Positive!

It teaches you that life is not always as it seems, and that sometimes you need to get over your fears to save someone else. Seth and Kendra are willing to save each other's lives and care about each other very much. Best book ever! My 8-year-old sister read it and she LOVED it!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byalessandralovesbooks October 2, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byaddicted2literature August 31, 2010

Fablehaven rocks!

I love this book! I love the whole Fablehaven series. Why? Because it's awesome! Kendra and Seth goes to an adventure to save their family. I admit that Seth is a bit hard-headed and not followinng the rules got him in trouble and in danger. But, his family was there to guide him from wrong to right. He does mature on every book, but not obviously or faster. Seth grows in his own pace. I also liked Kendra, the seemingly ''prefect'' older sister. She was shy, at first. She believed she was a coward, weak and powerless. This book will help kids gain confidence just like Kendra did. Two-thumbs up! Really Recommended!

Educational Value
Kid, 9 years old June 30, 2010
awsome

Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2011

Best book!

I ablsolutely love this series! It is my absolute favorite book series ever!