All member reviews for Feathers

Lyrical and plotless -- for patient readers.

Kid, 10 years old November 18, 2010

Good for Patient Readers.

It's a great book and I think everyone should read it. Not much happens, though. The characters include: The narrator, her deaf brother, a white kid who comes to her all black school, and a bully.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byboragasux November 29, 2009
Parent of a 13 year old Written byflohrkm September 10, 2009

Perfect for teens.

I thought this was a great book. Dealt with acceptance issues.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 10, 2012

feathers

falseness of that assumption. Families can talk about Dickenson's poem. What is it about? Why did the author use it so pervasively? How does it apply to the lives of these characters? Also, why do you think this book won the Newbery Honor?
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2012

Hope & Feathers.

This book is amazing and deep into hope.It sends Positive messages about A young girl who needs to find out A poem statement her teacher and read to her and her class.She wrote it down in her notebook to never forget.When she saw it she asked her mom about the statement.Hope is the thing with feathers.Is what it said.In the end she finds out.Its a Phenomenal book that should be great for any age grup and mad into a movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOttie February 8, 2012

Thank you!

It's a good way for kids to learn who they may be talking to. People used to say "oh. that's not a kid book." untile we showed them,Yes it was.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookreaderforever April 25, 2010

LOVE ITT!!!!!

One of my all time favorites!!! Kind of racist though.
Adult Written byjadafa3026 January 9, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byJordynnn September 10, 2011

About Feathers

Feathers is a really good book that I enjoyed a lot . I read it once in 6th grade and I'm just finishing it again while I'm in 8th grade . I'm using it to do a book project on and I shouldn't have picked this one . Don't get me wrong , Feathers is a great book , but it doesn't have a main conflict or climax . There's many conflicts throughout the book , but not one main one that's big a problem through the whole book . So my advice is to never pick this book for a book project , but you should definately read it !
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2009

Good for tweens not for younger

I think the Jacqeline Woodson is a great writer....But her stories can have racism in there...
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2009

Good for all ages (Especially Young Children)

I think that it was an amazing book and some kids are still a little racial and this book will help the kids see the other way.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPixieLottGurl December 8, 2010

About Eight

I just read it in My eith grade class. There really isn't a climax or a main thing to look forward to, but it would be a good book for people, say, about eight.