All member reviews for Firestorm: The Caretaker Trilogy: Book 1

Violent ecological time-travel thriller for teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDarudeLover April 9, 2008

Very good....

I rather liked the choppy sentences. I did think the book was really sad. Although I enjoyed reading it, I'm not sure whether I would read it again. It's excellently written and it's very interesting.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJnoaha1994 May 16, 2011

Smart, Suspensful and Sexy- Firestorm is a #1 selling for Teens!

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS BOOK! It is a great action book that will keep the pages turning for your teen male. Although there is violence, it is covered up with facts about the ocean and creates a great message. Although has some sexual mentions in it, half the time in the story you are just trying to keep up with this senior who doesnt even have a clue whats going on! ITS THE PERFECT SUSPENCE NOVEL SERIES! It even has small chapters so it makes you think you are going through the book, fast... which you are! Firestorm and the other Caretaker trilogy books are a total #1 for any teen who likes blood, violence, sexual inuendos, futuristic findings, talking dogs, transforming mega foxy awesome hot women, ninja girls, sailing, telepathy, harry potter, some educational value, the environment, a dark lord, the oceans, a guy named Jack, and did I mention a TALKING DOG (or at least its supposed to be)! Buy this book now, because i can guarentee you that your teen will love it! ***NOT FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN (14+)
Adult Written byMATUREKIDS March 24, 2011
it IS OK but time to time has a little use of sexualness but they can skip those parts
Teen, 13 years old Written byBenedict February 15, 2010

It's not that Bad

Personally, I feel that every writer should have their own style - in this case, since it is written in a first person perspective, I believe that including abit of the character's thoughts and background (Choppy Sentences or whatever) might attract the reader better to the storyline, and of course, naturally, when you "know" more about a person/character, you would be alittle more inclined to reading it and understanding the storyline. I also find the Eco-Related theme gives a very good view on the author's 'Far-Thinking' perspective (For the future generations). The "Sexual Scene" (Though it was only a brief description once or twice) was more than fine, considering the fact the readers ARE HUMAN, and the very fact the human has sexual feelings might thrill them alittle; afterall, there weren't any direct elaboration at all. The so called "gory scenes" aren't that gory, mainly just chopping off his finger, of which there was not much elaboration (Constantly bleeding/Blood Squirting out/Finger felled onto floor wriggling). In fact, there wasn't even much talking about the cut-off finger in the other 2 books! Personally, I feel the Intro, body and climax extremely well written. However, David Klass could ahve spent more time to develop a better explanation for the characters appearing all of a sudden, and a better explanation on why they managed to come back in book 2. In a nutshell, the book is a worth reading book!
Adult Written bynewt April 9, 2009

this was a really good book really descriptive and a lot of detail and acton.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjzkuhler February 25, 2009

Not enough action, Too corny, Too much sex, to much description of sex

It was corny, it is not for 12-16, its not for anyone. The author carefully slips in sex, immoral thoughts, etc..its trash, go read Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson and the Olmypians, Eragon, or something else. ITS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaryM April 9, 2008

This is an amazing book.

I'd just like to say..whoever rated this first made it sound like the Book of Satan or something, and they were wrong. It was a great book. There is a bit of sex, but it's not lude. Violence is present, of course - it IS a book about preventing the end of the world, after all. I'd say wait until you're at least about nine or ten to read it, but after that it's really up to maturity levels.
Teen, 14 years old Written byangelaangieang April 9, 2008
I really enjoyed this book. I don't care what people say about the short, choppy sentences, I liked how it set the pace. There was violence, but nothing too bad. I wouldn't recommend this book to younger kids, but I would recommend it to anyone 11 or 12 and up.