Kid reviews for Fish: a Novel

Fish: a Novel Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Fish; by L.S Matthews

1.Tiger( Don't know the gender of the child. He/ she doesn't say.) and his family have to leave their village because of a drought.Tiger sees' a fish and brings it with him instead of letting it die. 2. Tiger, his mom and dad, and "The guide" try to make it to the border to have fresh water.3. Tiger, his family,and "The Guide" are making their way to a border while Tiger is trying to take care of a magic fish.4. I thought the only good part of the entire book was the fish.(Sounds weird) It's a magic fish which can change sizes. The plot was all over the place, and their really wasn't that much details.5. I would not recommend this book to anyone enless they wanna hear a bad story.

TERRIBLE BOOK, NOT WORTH A READ

I had to read this book for school last year and it was a struggle to get through one page. It didn't have the worst writing, but it wasn't a book that would be interesting to anyone ages 95 and below. It was not a good book choice that the school chose, although they only chose it because they were getting complaints that people had already read the other books, so they were trying to find a book no one would read. They succeeded. They also never tell the gender of the main character (I think his name was Tyler or Tiger or something) which I still don't understand. Also a secondary character is an alcoholic and the book takes place during war times so there is some mild violence and a main character's death. SPOILER ALERT: If you want to get an A on an essay on this book, just say that the person who helps the kid at the end is God. Worked for me. Good luck getting through this awful book.

Kinda upset

My son is obsessed with mystery books,and when he checked this out at the library he said " I'm so happy mom!" and after he was finished reading the book he said " I Thought this was a mystery mom.".. he was upset but after i read it, it wasn't as bad as i thought so if you like Adventure book about a family having to leave their adopted home, you would enjoy this book.