All member reviews for Found: The Missing, Book 1

Time-travel series start is suspenseful.

Kid, 10 years old June 2, 2009

Awesome! #1!

OK, I got this at my school's book fair so I didn't get just pencils and gel pens. But I have "found" that this is a really great book! The time travel thing really sets up a turning point, and it is as exciting as the warrior cats series. at the fifteenth century the book ended, I searched for the next title for hours! Finally, I "found" it---the next book will be called Sent, with a purple twilight-like (Not the book, the kind of color) sky that provides a foreboding atmosphere and a light-brown and dark in some places stone catsle on the front. Obviously, Sent means "Sent to the fifteenth century
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bypeony February 5, 2009

Great fun: engaging suspense, with very little violence

This is a catchy, very fun read, likely to appeal even to non-enthusiastic readers. And it has little violence, and some nice characters and family relationships! There's a good relationship between Jonah (adopted) and his (non-adopted) younger sister, Katherine, who has her own important role in the story. And Jonah's parents are presented as loving, concerned, conscientious parents -- though of course they're left in the dark about much of what Jonah is doing -- standard for kid stories as if the parents knew the full details, they'd never let the kids have the adventures! There's a vein of humor where despite Jonah's "Aww, Mom!" teenage reaction to his parents' shelf of books with titles like "Raising the Well-Adjusted Adopted Child", he repeatedly finds himself parroting that same material to his friend Chip who had been left in the dark about his own adoption. (Parents might want to be aware that Chip, with Jonah's help, opens up his parents' home safe to get into their papers to try to find out more about his own adoption -- might want to talk about that aspect of the book with your own kids.) I also very much like the scene where Jonah's parents help him talk with an FBI agent who may know some secrets about Jonah's background: when the FBI agent tries to intimidate them into dropping the investigation, with threatening implications about the legality of Jonah's adoption and immigration status, Jonah's upset parents politely but bravely and firmly resist intimidation. And Jonah's father subsequently tells Jonah, "That man has evidently forgotten he's supposed to be a servant of the people...". I also find the central conceit of the plot rather touching in a way, reminding me of John Varley's "Air Raid" story/"Millenium" novel. Towards the end, Jonah has to make his own choice about what is right, while two groups of adults are trying to persuade him. I'm eager to see where the rest of the series goes! I'd recommend for ages 9 and up, due to the intensity and suspense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNisha01 May 7, 2011

The Best Book Ever!!!!!

I love this book it is one of the best series I have ever read. It does keep you on the edge of your seats.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvtoreadalot2000 January 13, 2014

best book ever

this the best book i have ever read i mean it is a really good book and i couldn't put it down now i am on the second one
Teen, 16 years old Written byGreen Peace Girl January 13, 2013

Awesome

Great story that emphasizes familey and loyalty! Rad plot and cool, interesting characters.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2012

Great Book

Found is a great book. Jonah is a great role model and sticks up for his friends and little sister. There is some violence like fist fights, tasers, and once someone is threatening to kill a little girl. Chip has a crush on Katherine throughout the book, so he is constantly stating that she is cute. There is also consumerism in the fact that the SPOLIER! time traverlers want to sell famous children from history to rich familes. This book is a great read for anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug October 25, 2012

Great book and series!

I love this book. But it is definatly a series that you have to read in order. I honestly couldnt put it down and its very suspenseful. Got my friends to read it and they are always asking what happens next, of course I dont tell them! Just go read it and you'll be happy that you did. Even if the prologue confuses you keep reading and you will understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byilovebasketball August 24, 2012

Amazing Book!!!

This book in the beginning was a bit boring but once you got past that part I couldn't put this amazing book down!! <33 it was full of suspense & kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire story.
Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2012

sorrys

Well this book i had not read but when i do will give you tips. please visit facebook page what books to read not to read ash.schro11
Teen, 13 years old Written byreywes April 18, 2012

Isaac

this book is full of SEX and ALLAH
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 April 6, 2012

found

just bad
Kid, 4 years old January 26, 2012

Found is the best!

Found is an amazing book and is one of my all time favorite books. It is full of suspense, action, and thrilling adventure that will leave you hanging on even after the last page! There is some violence and possibly some confusing concepts depending on your intelligence level. If you are 9-10 maybe try reading this book with someone in case you get confused. I recommend that everyone should read this book! Great job Margaret Peterson Haddix!
Kid, 11 years old October 29, 2011

Amazing book!

This book was great! I enjoyed it very much. The other books are great too. Very little violence.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2011

Found the Best Book Ever!!!!!

Loved it!! It is a great exciting, suspenseful, action packed book. This a great start to the series. You always want to read more. This was a great start to the series and it made me want to read the next book. So if you're looking for a book look for this
Kid, 11 years old October 4, 2011

the missing book 1

I was really exited to read this book, but i barely understood half of it. I zoned out every chapter or so because it wasn't getting anywhere and i had to ask a friend what the main premise was. I for one don't know why there hasn't been any negative comments yet.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2011

Amazing Book

I love this book! One of my favorite books ever! I am in 6th grade btw. My reading level is really high and I read the Harry Potter Series in the 3rd-4th grade. I think 10 (my age) is a good age to read it if you are okay with mild violence and that kind of thing. It was a little confusing, with all the time travel. I thought it was REALLY cool and different though! Def. going to be writing a fanfiction on it and it interesteded me enough to try to make my own time travel sort stories.
Parent Written byilovemydaughter August 2, 2011

My Questions

What are some physical characteristics of Jonah, Chip, and Katherine that are told throughout the story? My daughter is confused about that detail and we already returned the novel to the public library so she does not remember for a project she has to do.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypeewee262 June 22, 2011

Hey PARENTS READ THIS STELLAR REVIEW

This book was amazing. The plot made a lot of sense. I also liked the suspense and thrill. I picked this book up at a book fair a few years ago and am reading now. It came out in 2008 and i curse myself for never reading it until now. Since then two books have come up sent and sabotaged i am going to definitely pick those up. As a Freshman i need excitement in my life and have found some of it in this book. Also this series isn't dead a new one comes out this year. It will be called torn
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2011

i LOVE this book

i love this book so much and im done with the third book an dit was just as good as the first.I reeeeeaaaaaly recomend this book for ages 9+I also know that some of my friends ar ereading this bok and they give it a thumbs up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookWorm888 April 28, 2011

LOVE IT!!

This book is one of the best books that I have ever read. This book is full of wonderfull suspense. I love how Margeret Peterson Haddix makes so many adventures. Once one problem is solved, an other onw immediately pops up. Author Margeret just has to readers up on their toes, clutching the book, unwating the let it go! I just love the story theme. I hope that you get to read this book and enjoy it as much as I do!