All member reviews for Four: A Divergent Collection

Short stories about Four are fun if a bit underwhelming.

Adult Written bytaylahlc February 19, 2015

I'm so glad Veronica made this book

Upon doing my stationery shopping for university I found this book sitting among the other books in the divergent series in kmart. I can't even explain how happy I am that this book exists! I have been craving more divergent ever since I finished the series and this has been one of the best books ever. Obviously you will have to read the others to understand what is going on with the storyline and such. The only thing I can find wrong with it is that it is predictable in some parts such as which faction Four chooses and what happens after he is ranked because it is already stated in the other books but apart from that it is soooooo good! I can suggest that is suitable for younger audiences for example, if your 10 year old wants to read this book, they are obviously quite intelligent to have read the series and there will be no surprises in terms of violence and such because it is way more mellow than the other books. Read this book if you have finished the series and are craving more! It doesn't disappoint! Now I'm just waiting for more of these perspective books.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDauntless December 4, 2014

AMAZING!!!

This book was so great. If you haven't read the other Divergent books, this will contain spoilers about Four's mom (Evelyn) and other things. Nothing inappropriate except a moderate amount of drinking and violence.
Adult Written byrebma97 July 25, 2015

Really good stories

I know I'm not the only one who wanted to read Divergent from Four's POV and learn more about his past, which is why this book collection is so good. Like CSM said, most of the information is already known, but we get a peek inside of Four's thoughts and how different he may have seemed to Tris. His voice is more distinctive here than it was in Allegiant, too, which is good. Violence: Not as violent as the Divergent trilogy, but still plenty of violence. The Dauntless engage in fights and dangerous stunts. Four finds out about the planned attack on Abnegation. His instructor, Amar, fakes suicide. Four was abused by Marcus, and there is some talk about his punishments. Sex: Some kissing and making out. Four mentions wanting to touch Tris and subconsciously doing so. Language: A few instances of swearing. Drinking: Four and some other Dauntless partake in alcohol in a few instances (they're not underage )
Teen, 13 years old Written byLivHappy April 9, 2015

Well Done!

Veronica did a great job writing this book!! She did really good at tying things in from the actual divergent series into this book. Ir even cleared up a few questions I had about the series.
Parent Written byalfredom March 22, 2015

best book ever

this book is very fun and interning please read when you get the chance to
Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2014

Best. Book. Ever. Period.

This book was awemazing. Veronica Roth never ceases to amaze me! I was totally satisfied with this book and I hope other Divergent lovers (like myself) fall in love with this concept of Four in his prospective. I wish Veronica made this book even thicker and did it on how Four's life was without Tris (SPOILERS) Since we kinda already know about Four's life and stuff. Also there is a minimal amount of drinking in the book so you have been warned. And its really funny how this is kinda the 4TH book and its named Four (get it?) I just realized that. Well I'm rambling but I hope you all love this book as much as I have!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm2248 August 27, 2014

Not this book in particular

This book in the Divergent series has no explicit elements. Previous Divergent books have mentioned sex and characters having sex. In order to read this one you have to have read the others.