Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 9 kid reviews

Sort by:

This book broke me

I went into Friends Forever with high expectations and high hopes. I'd enjoyed the first two in the series quite a lot, and I was sure the third book would be great as well. I, however, was wrong. Friends Forever is not great. It is absolutely phenomenal, and I'd give it more than five stars if I could. To be fair, I am a bit biased. This book's discussion of depressed feelings and self-loathing hits really close to home for me. However, I don't think that takes away from the fact that the book is wonderful. I was so moved by it that around 5/6 of the way through, I started to cry as I read, and not just light tears. I was absolutely broken by how much I related with the book, and my heart hurt as a result. It's rare that a book moves me this much, and I can't express enough how much I love when a book can do this. I would also like to say this to anyone out there who may be struggling with self-hatred, loneliness, or depression: I understand what you are going through, as I've definitely been there myself, and while things may take a while, I know they'll get better. You are not alone, and you never will be. It's okay to take time to care for yourself, and it's okay to be sad. You are important and valuable. You are one of a kind, and nobody can take that away from you. I believe in you.

3 people found this helpful.

THE. BEST. BOOK. EVER. (in the history of the entire world)

I LOVE IT OK I am currently an 8th grader (the age the main character is in the book), and OH MAN was this relatable… This is an awesome book and if the author is reading this, please know that it is awesome. Seriously- this book changed my life. EVERY junior high girl should read this. I didn’t read the 1st 2 in the series, but I found this one at my local Target his past summer. I would say that it is definitely for older tweens/young teens. It is ok for younger, but they won’t be able to relate to it as much and trust me when I say that if you can relate, it gives you the FEELS. Awesome book overall, would recommend to anyone. Happy reading!

2 people found this helpful.

Good book

be aware of: there is a small part in the book where a mall santa makes a slightly suggestive joke. not too awful. also the main character has depression near the end. she talks about how she feels. but. this book. to say the least, helped me so so so much. i can’t even begin to tell you how much it helped me. it taught me that i am enough. that people love me. it help me thru 6th and 7th grade. each one of these books, (real friends, best friends and forever friends) helped me substantially in life. they are such good books.

1 person found this helpful.

By far the best book of the series

Where do I start? Oh yeah, this is a phenomenal read and in my opinion, the best book of the friends series. Don´t get me wrong, I love the other two as well a ton but something about this just hit harder for me. Maybe its because I´m in middle school now and I´m growing up as Shannon did in the series and I´ve just started to understand what she went through more. The self-worth and esteem experience in this story hit close to home since I too have felt that. I said this before in another review for the first book, but the art style holds up and LeUyen is a true artist. I don´t have much else to say other than this is truly a coming of age story for the ages.

1 person found this helpful.

I was bouncing off the walls when this came out!!!

I looooooooooooooooooooooooved this book! I read the other 2 books (Real Friends and Best Friends) and I just exploded with excitement!!! But I have to warn you that you may want to talk to your kids about sexual assault after reading this. 5/5 stars and 11+

Accurate

This book almost perfectly describes the how being in 7th and 8th grade is like.

really good!

loved it! it’s perfect and basically describes how middle school is perfectly: crushes, friends, bullies, and more. though this one has a bit more sexual content & violence than the 1st two so 11 plus. shannon hale makes the best coming of age books and i love them and highly recommend!

Pretty Much Perfect

This book is pretty much perfect. I’ve read it at least ten times before n the past few months. Shannon Hale is an amazing writer. I want everyone to read this