All member reviews for From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

Attention to detail makes adventure satisfying.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHennaGirl19 March 27, 2011

Don't Run Away From Home

If you have a problem, TALK IT OUT! Anyways, I love this book! I don't see why this book was rated 9 and up. Seriously...
Teen, 13 years old Written byNinjaSquirrel May 17, 2010

Depends on your Favorites

Reading the other reviews, several people don't enjoy it, but it can be a great book. It's about two children who run away from home, and it's a GREAT mystery at the end that will leave you going, "Ohh...." it's a fun and adventurous book
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2010

(I am the same person as laffytaffy18 but i forgot my password) Once again I HATED this book!! It doesn't pull me in at all. it sucks! I hate the author too. I like older kid books like The Lovely Bones, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Twilight Saga and The Time Traveler's Wife (best books ever!)
Kid, 9 years old January 5, 2012

awsome

I think it is a really,really great book. I could read it 1,000 times
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2013

Book Review for From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

An adventure and mystery can be like exploring an unknown deep-trench cave or going to planet Mars. But what about E.L. Kongsberg’s mystery, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler? It is a book that’s about two kids; Claudia and Jamie Kincaid, running away from home in Connecticut. Not just running away from somewhere, it running to somewhere. That’s why they went upon to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, which Claudia thought that it’s a comfortable, large, and indoor place for hiding, because of the unfair treatment from their parent. Claudia is treated unfairly by all of her family members. She has less allowance for doing more work than the rest of her family member. The character I like the most is Jamie, because he has a lot of money, he’s the same age as me, and he says funny things. I would want to be friends with Jamie because he enjoys playing game (especially gambling games and I don’t like gambling) and he has a good sense of humor. The personalities of Jamie that I don’t like is that he gambles, cheats, and not generous. Claudia is a girl who likes cleanness, comfortless, and secrets. I wouldn’t like to be her friend because if I’m her friend, she might complain about the non-comfortless, and uncleanness of some of my room. I don’t like Claudia’s sense of humor and the picking. I think that Claudia choose Jamie because he provided a friend (companionship) and keeps Claudia’s trait of a “neat-freak” from getting out of control. Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler is a very quiet and strict person. On Claudia and Jaime’s visit, her voice depends on how Claudia and Jamie behave. Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and Claudia both had secrets to keep. I think that if I ever meet Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler when she is in a bad mood, I would freak out; but I think that I will get used to it. I would visit her every month to learn about Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and to get a ride on Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler’s luxury Rolls Royce. The part that I don’t like her that is the age differences. I would recommend this book to a friend because the book is about adventures, mysteries, and secrets. I haven’t read any other book by E.L. Kongsberg but I could tell that the other books are interesting too. The rating of this book may be ★★★★ star rating out of five star rating because the words in the book catches the reader’s attention a lot. The book’s setting is believable because the author used real name, places, and time. Another thing I did not like about the book is that there are criminal acts done by Claudia and Jamie, like staying in the museum even after the museum is closed and robbing the newspaper. What I learned from this book is that secret is a really hard task. After all, this is a great book for all ages of children to read because there is a lot of mysteries and adventures in this book.
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2013

Good Book

The Book Is A Good One.
Adult Written byBlue-Bunny November 20, 2011

Enjoyable...

If anything, this is one of the most enjoyable books I've read.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystar97 November 21, 2010

I love it! It is a very good book, even though the first time i tried to read it it was a little boring. Now i read it all the time!
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2009

Very good!

I really liked this, but I think this is better for kids eight and up as the main characters run away. You could have younger kids read it, but they would a) probably need it read to them and b) you would need to talk to them about how the kids in the story run away. This is educational because the kids are living in a museum, so they learn some things (the angle might not be real though). The kids are also very creative: their choice in running away, their bathing station, their money station and more! I think it is a book for girls and boys because the main characters are both a girl and a boy.
Adult Written bysmitcherflobgirl April 9, 2008

It was a good book!

It is a good book to do a school report on for 5th or 6th graders.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybearc787 April 9, 2008

one of the best books in the world

i love this book
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2012

Cute Story!

I think this book is really cute! My brothers really like it! They are 9 and 6. and I think that this is the perfect book for kids thir age and inbetween! The positive messages are the bond between siblings and caring for the elderly.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii March 14, 2011

this is a good book, especially for people older than 12 years of age

On the back cover of this book, it said that it was for ages 9-12. I read this book on the cruise trip from Florida to Mexico when I was 14 years old and my sister still said that it was a good book. One iffy scene was when there was a drawing of siblings naked in a bath at a museum.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2010

perfect for everyone

I Loved this book i was very appropriate
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJamie and James March 14, 2010

I loved this book. Geez, if you think this book is inappropriate, you should see some other books out there. Again, my favorite book. My family has read it together tons of times!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 8, 2014

Smart kids, but not smart-alecks

Absolutely wonderful story by the inimitable Konigsburg. The relationship between practical Claudia and parsimonious Jamie is affectionate yet realistic: they insult each other yet appreciate each others' strengths, and it takes both of them to solve the mystery at the heart of their quest. Kongisburg had a gift for presenting intelligent, likable children with distinct voices and personalities: also see "The B'nai Bagels", and "Jennifer Hecate, Macbeth William MCkinley and Me Elizabeth".
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2013

Boring

Don't bother reading this.
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2012

age

i think nine and up because its a long book but fun im reading it for class
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2010

Not really a point in reading this

I had to read this book in school and I HATE IT!! It's kind of crazy to run away from home and then go back! I put this for not good role models becase Jamie (a kid) cheats at cards. The book is not intresting and is made for the age group 8-12. (I think) Maybe I would have thought that it was good if I wasn't reading the Twilight Series. But I like books meant for 9-12 graders. (Examples:The Lovely Bones, The Time Traveler's Wife, Twilight Saga ect.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I think that this book was pretty good. More for kids about 7-11. I also think that you should read more books by E. L. Konigsburg!