All member reviews for Ghostgirl

Darkly funny book is full of Goth-chic style.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie-Kakes September 23, 2009

Interesting take on life

i thought that this book was brilliant and really quite interesting. the language in some parts may not be appropriate but most kids should be able to handle it. charlotte learns alot so i think that everyone could learn a thing or two from this book. i loved it.
Kid, 10 years old March 30, 2011

Epic!

I love this book! Just got done reading it... Just cried my eyes out because.... Well you have to read the book :P
Teen, 15 years old Written byMissMe June 2, 2009

THIS BOOK IS KILLER!

I think some people don't get the satire of this book. It is GENIUS! I can not wait for Ghostgirl Homecoming! Ghostgirl is the new Twilight - it's original, hysterical and profound.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNessahunnygurl October 25, 2010

Perfect for ages 10 and up

Reccomend u read it
Adult Written bystarsandtopsoil December 23, 2009

camouflaged guidebook of horrors

Don't judge a book by it's cover. It's a lesson I ( and certainly a lot of you) learned again with this one. At first I was surprised to read some fragments of good poetry and the mention of a good band. But soon I got dissapointed. With the promise of a good ghost story, the only thing thing the writer wanted to achieve is this "gothic"feeling to it.She was trying too hard and it was all over the place. Readers should not care about all the band names that ever existed, but about this girl called charlotte.
Adult Written byCiCisCritiques April 8, 2015

This book was amazing I personally have read it over ten times and have purchased the continuations. I think it gets to high schoolers a lot more because they can relate to feelings of the characters. Some things you just can't learn in school.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2014

the last mimzy

Teen, 13 years old Written bysarahalr1328 December 13, 2012

it's a good book

I honestly likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this book. I read this book when I was 12, but I think you better read it when you're 13 or older though. Well, there are some parts that *i think* aren't necessary for kids to read, but this book is actually good :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bySugaryHotRedLips March 20, 2012

My LOOOOONG review

It's good. Sometimes you can learn something from the characters and the characters can be sometimes a good role model. But, It's good for kids 12 and up or maybe 13 and under. Sometimes, there are some parts that are like, there are going to have sex, but no. There are only kissing, or something. It's quite very long, and there are some parts that are boring and some parts that aren't important but it's good if you read it. I recommend this book for teens, not for kids but, when I was a pre-teen I used to read this. So I maybe think that it is good for pre-teens. When I was a pre-teen I used to read this, with my parents knowing that there is violence, but they didn't know it's with sexual behavior, so they said that I'm turning bigger now. But, if parents still don't understand the book, then WHY DON'T THEY READ THE THREE BOOKS SO THAT THEY WILL KNOW IT IS AWESOME!? Some languages are in-appropriate like @sshole, f--k, t-ts, d-ckhead, whore, blow me, crap, etc. But if you read it, it's very awesome. And it's not really violent about Charlotte choking on a gummy bear, DUH! So I would rate 4-stars.
Teen, 16 years old Written byke@r$tin March 7, 2012

READ THIS BOOK :D

i thought this book was awesome, yes it has sware words in it and if you dont like it dont read it simple as that and really you hear it everywhere you go and im sure have used it also thats just life and it says about the characters watchen people undress jezz oh my if that upsets you u got issues there not talkin about sex or privets calm down :) best book ever said and done :D
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2012

Funny, adorable, and AMAZING.

I LOVE this amazing book, it's funny, positive, has a little sexuality (which is good for the book), and it's just brilliant. Okay, so yes, it might be bad for other people, but that's just their own taste, and their taste for books must be horrible if you don't LOVE this book! It's positive message to tell most teens to never give up and follow your dreams, even if your dead, like Charlotte. Loved it <3
Teen, 14 years old Written bysoccerstarfish December 3, 2011

Mean

I stopped when the special ed guy was teased.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bysupermonkeyrobot October 9, 2011

bgkjxdhgklvdsz

Really come on this language is not okay *ss, d*ckhead and maybe f**k is okay but the rest is not I have not read this book because it sounds gay really a dead girl climbs into bed with a guy backwards R*PE.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjitterbug987 August 25, 2011

Read THIS book... and Read it NOW! :D

Oh my gosh!!! I loved this book. Grated there are some parts in it that are a little...mushy... but hey, it's not like we don't hear it at school. I just finished reading it again, then went online to find more books by Tonya Hurley, and I found out that there is 2 more books!!! OMG.. now I need to find them!!! :D
Teen, 16 years old Written bysomethingwitty April 17, 2011

cussing and sex it is a natural part

I loved the book and people need to stop hating on the book because so what if the is cussing and sex it is a natural part of life and if you have NOT given the "Talk" to you childern and they're over 10 you should because if you don't they will find out from friends, movies, books,exetra so please stop hateing on thid book
Teen, 16 years old Written byLethal_lizzy March 13, 2011

this book is amazing.. its the only book iv ever read, and i think it was amazing.. im currently starting the second book. its not too bad its a bit slow but its getting better =) im so exited to finish it and hopefuly there is a 3rd one coming out soon =)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper-duper-boo... March 10, 2011

HORRIBLE!

I started to read the book, completely open minded, as any good reader is with any book. I shut it and walked away after not too many chapters. Charloette, after dying and becoming invisible, sneaks into the boys locker room to watch her crush get changed!! what is THAT?!?! Definitly NOT aprropriate for kids. The crush also watches a girl get changed through a mirror! This is not something I think anyone would want to read. EVER!
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2011

Best book ever!!!

My most faveorite book I've ever read. There are some parts that are inappropreate but it is an overall good book. Charlotte aka ghostgirl really learns alot in this book. I would not recomed this for anyone under the age of 9 due to strong laguage. But it is a good read if you are like books about ghosts and aren't freaked out by people who have weird atributes sutch as magetts,exposed brians,scatches all over,ect.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuna234 January 18, 2011

Not good for kids, tweens and teens would like it though.

I read this book when I was 12 and i loved it! The inappropriate part are very brief.
Kid, 9 years old January 7, 2011

awesome!

It's awesome! I LOVE GHOSTGIRL! There's swears, so what? I'm 9 and I love it! :)