All member reviews for Girl at Sea

Feisty heroine deals with adventure, romance, family drama.

Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2012

Girl at Sea 101

I've have read Girl at Sea at least 5 times!! This book is about a girl who's parents are divorced and she has been living with her mom. Her dad comes along and takes her to live on a boat for a few weeks and she is NOT happy about that.....anyway, she is not very happy about that at first, and she doesn't obey her dad. But then learns to accept it (and that's were the "positive messages" and "positive role models" come in"). Language: mild and rare - PG rated words. Sex: A girl invites a boy to sleep with her and there is some talk about it, plus a few kisses. I am sure all girls will love this book!! :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bynerdglasses July 11, 2010

Easy read, yet very very good.

I honestly didn't think I was going to like this book... I thought it was going to be girly and silly and all pink and sparkly and frilly. But, I was wrong! I actually really enjoyed it. It's a fairly easy read, it's entertaining, it's witty, and overall, Maureen did a great job writing it. I don't want to give away the romantic relationship that Clio falls into... but I'll just say it's pretty, uh, what's the word? Satisfying? That sounds dirty. Haha. But that's the only word I can think of; so there you have it! Great book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHuntress102 June 1, 2011

Amazing I wish there was another

I thought it was excellent, I read all the time so I know a good book when I see or read one and this is one of them.
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2009

Great Book!!

I just finished reading it. While reading I had to wonder if it was based on anything about the Rosetta Stone. It was an adventerous, and great book. Even though Clio talks about her best friend Jackson(that's a girl!), Clio never actually talks to her in the book, I thought that was sorta weird you know sense it's her best friend and all, I thought she would have at least had a conversation with her.