All member reviews for Great Expectations

Fast-paced, moving Dickens classic of reversed fortune.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLucy Johnson December 3, 2013

Good Read

Really good read, shows what its like to live in the era of pip, aspects such as relationships and violence catch reader attention.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2012

great expectations

it a good book im reading it right now im halfway through it i think its for 12 and up because they have alot of big words in it
Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2012

GREAT!!!

Personally, I love books but not usually olden times books such as this but i like books such as Ivanhoe, Swiss Family Robinson, Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew, Oliver Twist, and The Hobbit. those are books like this that i don't usually pick off my shelf but I do sometimes. Books I usually read are like The Hunger Games trilogy, Percy Jackson, Life of Pi, those kind of really action books. Anyhow, back to the book. Violence: The only scene is where the sister slaps people, and Miss Havisham dies from a very graphic fire scene. Sex: none at all whatsoever. Overall I LOVED this book, It is a must read for pre-teens and teens plus throw in a few older adults!
Teen, 14 years old Written byloganvota2000 January 14, 2015

Bad!

I don't know why anyone says this is a good book, I think Great Expectations is the worst book I've ever read! I'm an avid reader and I had to read this for an upcoming book report. Let me just say, whatever morals you've found, I haven't found them, the plot is terrible, the book was so long I wanted to tear my eyes out! And Dickens would ramble on about nothing! And there wasn't ANY plot twists or happy or sad endings. This was a terrible book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygms1927 February 20, 2016

It's really good so far...

I JUST started Great Expectations this morning and am on page 27. I love it so far! Highly recommend it. (The beginning is kind of slow...)