All member reviews for Half-Moon Investigations

Clever detective fiction for middle-graders.

Educator and Parent Written byacr3079 April 20, 2013

Great Read

We spend family time listening to books together. My son does not like to read, so I've introduced the next best thing. Books on Tape. We both enjoyed this book and thought it would make a great kids movie one of these day. The plot, the suspense, the twist, the language, the life like characters just great. I identified with some of these characters . Totally amazing book. My son actually wants to follow along with the actual book in hand. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhashbrowns November 20, 2009

good read until the end

The book itself is pretty good throughout, with the daily middle school drama and the social issues middle schoolers face,but at the end the book starts to veere from reality to strange fiction and that is why i rated it low.This is a pretty good book , just dont get too captivated into it,because you'll be disapointed at the end.
Adult Written byKac April 9, 2008

its the coolest

it's the bizom yeah whoah that ws fun o.k. good bye...
Teen, 14 years old Written bypeteriliev March 7, 2010
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Great Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half Moon is a book that made me hold my breath until I fainted(idiom). My favorite part was how there are many investigations inside of just one. I also like how it circles around one event and is the main clue.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweetyberd987 March 25, 2011

Perfect for People of All Ages

I LOVE THIS BOOK! I just read it and I hope that Eoin Colfer makes a series out of this book. It's really good, as well as the Artemis Fowl series. Eoin Colfer is my new favorite author.

Colfer_Fan_#1

This book had me hooked (though it helped I had hours of time) I would not have put it down even if i was supposed to be doing something. Books can be dangerous.

Great one!

This was a really good book! I was upset when I finished it. Really interesting and unusual, but cool!
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2011
when i read this book i found it boring but other kids might like it

Good tween mystery novel!

This is arely good mystery novel for tweens, but it has some minor problems: 1. Fletcher is beaten and hospitalized, School fights are described, fletcher and red are chased by girls with intentions to hurt them, then they fall off a balcony leaving read with a bloody face. 2. not alot of language but "oh my g-d, and h--l are used some. 3. C.S.I, I-pods, cola, and types of candy are all mentioned alot. 4. Fletcher escapes the police, steals files, lies, and sells out information to break the case, also the sharkies steal alot. So this is a great mystery for kids 11 and up!

Blow Your Socks Of Awesome

I thought that this book was written extreemly well and would recomend it to everyone I know and a few that I don't. It's not your ordonary detective/mystery story. It's funny, smart, and has a good story of whats right and wrong. I would SOOOOOO give it a 100/10.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2013

Alright

Im a ten year old and had to read this for school, it was ok for kids. Younger kids probably wont get it though.
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2009

Amusing and entertaining!

Very interesting and amusing.
Adult Written byTeacher-mom April 9, 2008

Great for child and parent

I read this book with my 10 year old and she loved it. My 13 year old started listening in and he also thought it was great. Very clever story, well written, and funny. There is a little bit of violence with fighting but no one is hurt very badly. I definitly recommend it.
Parent Written byPerspicacity May 22, 2012

My favorite modern children's book!

This book is hilarious! Snarky is the word that comes to mind. I would definitely recommend it for kids, but I would suggest parents read it first for kids below 8 or 9. That shouldn't be too difficult -- this is a book that is as enjoyable for adults as it is for kids. This story's main positive message is that you shouldn't judge people by their appearances. However, it's told from the perspective of Fletcher, a kid, so that message only comes after he *has* judged people by appearances multiple times. It's sort of a subtle message-- I didn't realize how pervasive it was throughout the book until about the 3rd or 4th time I listened to it (yes, it's that good!) But sometimes subtle is stronger... This book does have quite a bit of "potty humor" -- boogers and farts and the like -- as well as over-the-top violence.
Adult Written bydghsdfgh April 9, 2008

a must read book

i so captivated by this book that i could not put it down. i ment to read only 3 chapters but instead read the whole thing!
Adult Written bycolfer4ever September 19, 2010
Perfect for all ages and is some of the best reading you can have Colfer did another good job
Adult Written byidkwatmyusernameis April 30, 2015
Adult Written byPooh Girl April 9, 2008

Bought It 4 my son.

My son loves the other books by this author and I found this book at my childs bookfair thought he'd love it he di then said I had 2 read it 2 and once I started it i couldn't put it down. Now I'm hoping that Shrkey & Fletcher Moon get "The Half Moon Investigations" underway. I just assume that was what Fletcher ment by "You're half right. It was very funny as well. Just wonderful!!!!