All teen and kid member reviews for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Kid, 7 years old May 7, 2011

13+

SCARY!...but good
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES!!!

I have read some of it and nothing is wrong with this book!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDark_Violets January 11, 2011

A Book Everyone Should Read

Only for kids above eight? That is ridiculous! I read Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets when I was barely seven years old, and I loved it (and continued to read the whole series, which I have now completed 12 times) It is an amazing tale of magic, friendship, and follows the principle of good triumphing over evil.
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2010

longer

yes i give something to know, it gets longer,and longer as you read the next one so this one is longer then the 1st one but, shorter thanthe 3rd one.....

good

this is a good book if you like the whole fantasy and wizarding concept I liked it.
Kid, 8 years old September 19, 2015

worse than the first.

horrible book!! it's not too violent.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2011

You should love it.

Wanna another great review? Well, here it is! "Chamber of Secrets" combines magic, fantasy, animals, beauty, love, and friendship all in one. If you're looking for a good read, here's your book!!! Nothing to worry about, even less worrisome that the first!!! Only thing is that the book is a bit too violent and it's not as good as the first.

It was AWESOME right from the get go

This was my favorite book out of all of them and I really enjoyed reading it. Rowling has put a very strange twist in the story and I can't wait to read the outcome
Teen, 16 years old Written bybotchbotic June 8, 2016

great

great story
Teen, 15 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster March 27, 2016

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened......

As the 2nd book in the "Harry Potter Series", this book lives up to its predecessor with just as much magic and adventure. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are back, and after returning to their 2nd year at Hogwarts, a series of attacks happen around school, and words appear on the side of a long corridor: "The chamber of secrets has opened." Compared to "The Sorrcer's Stone", this book is a lot more mature in both violent content, and the scare-factor. Harry and Ron are chased by giant spiders, students are found lying around throughout the book in a state of shock which is very close to death, and a Baskalisk (or giant snake) is killed with a sword. None of the violence is very descriptive, but the ending scene is tense, and 2 people nearly die. Langauge is rare, but "Mudblood" is said by Draco Malfroy to insult Hermione, which means she has dirty-blood. A fair share of spells and dueling are used as well, and Harry and his friends use magic more frequently to solve problems and fight and such.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhburton780 February 17, 2016

i like the book

i'm ha;lf way through it but i haven't finnished it yet
Kid, 9 years old October 15, 2014

It's relatively good

I watched part of it when I was around six, and the the basalisc is just a slimy giant snake which might scare your seven year old, but it mostly depends on your child's point of view for certain things. But then again, don't go letting your SIX year old see the whole entire thing.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

GREAT

A great books for kids 8+.
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2013

Great book! but might be too hard for young kids

J.K Rowling is an amazing author and I did like this book. Although I do think that the first Potter book was better. This should be OK for nine and up, but a bit too hard for under nine. Still try it if you're smart though!
Teen, 13 years old Written byplo334 August 17, 2011

BEST THAN FIRST ONE

this book is AWESOME better tah the first with realy great role models and an exciting story. this book highly point is violence but nothing realy bad. and tense chapters is the most. but GREAT
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2011
Nice J.K. Rowling nice seguel to Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.I reccomend it to a lot of children.EPIC Note that no person should try to read Harry Potter out of order because you wont get the story to well.Voldemort appears.Violent at some point but when you read it you never go to Wikipedia for what happens I did that a lot and I regret it but I did it.SO if you loved Harry Potter one read this one. 99.98 thumbs up Rowling.
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2017

Worst Harry Potter yet!

I am a big HP fan, but this book is a bit boring if kids started out with the first book than this, the kids will have a know how to be somewhat more mature than this text shows. This book in the Harry Potter series is not to good compared to others. But it has some important HP info!
Kid, 9 years old October 24, 2016

Not bad (BIG spoilers ahoy!)

Now, I am a big fan of the Harry Potter series, but this one is kind of dull until you get into the Chamber itself. I really liked the Basilisk sense I'm a Slytheple (no, I am NOT telling you what a Slytheple is! All I'm saying is that Slytheples are related to snakes, in a way.) and fawkes the phoinex ends up being a key character and the story goes to show that someone isn't guilty of something just because someone said they were. Also showed in third book. Dobby is a good example of slaves in the real world and is a very heartwarming character.
Teen, 13 years old Written byowleyes1316 September 25, 2016

Great book, a little scary

Voldemort, the villain of this story, petrifies people throughout the book. At the end he carries a little girl down into the Chamber of Secrets, where he is leaving her to die. SPOILER He also is possessing her with a diary he wrote in when he was younger, and making her do horrible things. SPOILER It is not as creepy as it sounds, however. I read the book when I was 8 and saw the movie (which is very closely based on it) when I was 6 or 7. I was not freaked out by it, though I wouldn't be surprised if other kids are.
Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2016

Worst sequel ever!

Medusa snakes? Killer spiders? It's bad but if you decide to read it watch out for violence.