All teen and kid member reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

Must-read

This book is AMAZING and J.K. Rowling is a very talented storyteller. I don't understand some of these reviews, like "iffy" for age seventeen. Your seventeen year old must have grown up under a rock. I read the Harry Potter series to my five year old sister and she enjoys it. Sure, there's tons of violence and death, but you know what? That's just a part of life. I like how J.K. Rowling doesn't try to sugercoat it, with the good side making it out with barely a scratch and the bad guys begging for mercy. She wrote it the way it should be. Because in a war, both sides lose a little. And people need to understand that.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Everyone read it!

It's an awesome book i've read it 5 times! I started reading the series when i was seven and it wasn't scary for me! Adults just think we can't do anything! It's not fair!
Teen, 14 years old Written bynoveleater November 28, 2010

Harry Potter...... the epic finale.

Holy Poop! (sorry) This is the greatest of them all. Stunning, gripping, terrifying, beautiful, sad. I started this series this year. The first two were fun, and when the third came along, I didn't know what to expect. Friend's of mine, have told me that this series got slightly darker as the series progressed. Once the third was finished, I bought every Harry Potter in hard back. This year, I have made friends with many of people, and all of them from a book. Books, can give us something, that some times, it's too hard to see something in real life. This was my finale thought after I finished this. This novel was... life altering for me. And as the last thud of the finale book being closed, was like a punch, and I knew this time... no more Harry Potter. This novel helped me see the difference between friend and best friend. I think the all catorizing thing as he is a friend and he's a best is stupid. They are friends if there willing to take risk with you. Life is too short, and thats a problem to me. Okay, now for the review about the story, and violence, sex, language, messages, role models, and the fear factor. The story in this one is, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, now 17, set out to find the five remaining Horcruxes (is that how you spell it?) On the trip, they make new realizations about each other, about love, and many other things. The trip is full of twists, and turns, death, and fear, love, and worry, and just plain friends. The violence includes gory sequences, curses being shot at people. Hitting, and some truly creepy scenes. The sex includes, kissing jokes, and some questionable behavior. Language also includes d***, sh*t, s***, p***, used a couple of times, also git, bloody, and hell. And as the book progresses you know that Harry Potter's finale battle is looming ahead. Beautiful. Enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySayuri796 September 3, 2010
I love Harry Potter!!!!!!! It is the best series in the world! Too bad this is the last one.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2014

Too Protective, CSM

First off, I need to say something to CSM: YOU ARE BEING OVERPROTECTIVE OF KIDS AND TEENS. STOP UNDERESTIMATING OUR EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL MATURITY. IT GETS SICKENING AT TIMES. Second, really CSM, on for 12 AND UP? I read the Deathly Hallows just after I turned nine. I would have read it early, but I wasn't done with the rest of the series. And yes, there are deaths, but that's real life. What are kids going to think if/when a pet or family member dies if you've protected them so much they think the world is fluff and no one dies? And yeah, there's some flirtation and kissing, but nothing more than the typical iCarly episode (you rated it 8+) or Percy Jackson book (rated 9+). And by the time they are 7 or 8, they should have an allowance or be able to make their own money. So video games, no problem! Harry is a self sacrificing, quick individual. Hermione is bookish and clever. Mrs. Weasley is a caring mother. Not too much educational value, but you could come across a new word or two, and it may inspire reluctant readers to give it a chance, considering it is well written and has 749 pages. Give it a chance, parents! Don't under estimate your kids.
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2015
A departure from the other books. This one has more violence and a TINY bit more sex, so while the others are 9 or 10 and up, this one would be a bit higher
Teen, 16 years old Written byxx-sammi July 12, 2009

HP fan all the way

I'm a big fan of the series. Rowling's work is extrodinary with the effort she put into the plot. The characters are realistic and you feel like you know them personally as you journey along with them and experience the wizardry world. Deathly Hallows was a bitter sweet end. It had me crying unexpectedly at times. Overall, well done and worth the read. Recommended for mature readers:) (haha, seeing as there's 10 year olds who've commented)
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2009
This is a really good book for most people that are 9+, but if you're not the kind of person that likes adventure with some violence and fantasy, just don't bother reading it until you are a little older. Overall, awesome book.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2015

Live, Love, Harry Potter

Harry Potter has been my heart and soul for a long time. I put off the series for about a year after I finished the fourth book- probably the worst mistake I've ever made. Harry Potter has significantly changed my life forever. This is the epic conclusion to the absolute best series ever. No wonder Queen Rowling (J. K. Rowling) became a billionaire. If I hadn't read Harry Potter, I would probably still be reading Rainbow Fairy books. My point is, what would I do without Harry Potter? If you haven't read it, read it. If you don't listen to my advice, you should try to talk to the fangirls. It's not my fault if you walk away bruised. I tried to warn you. You're really missing out if you haven't read it.
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2015

The best book in the series by far!!!

This thrilling end to the series is truly a must read. Has many deaths, both good and bad, and the characters get tortured a lot due to the cruciatus curse, but all around action and mystery make this the best book I ever read!
Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2011

Best! Book! Ever!

AAAHH i loved this book soooooooooooo much!!!!!!! It was the best one of all! The movie was also awesome!My brother read this when he was 7 but he was a VERY advanced reader at this time so if your kid can read it let them!!!!
Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2010

Harry Potter rocks!!!!!!!

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuki123 November 3, 2009

Have to read

I love the plot, and all the characters. J.K. Rowling really gives you a lot of suspense
Teen, 15 years old Written bymini rambo February 15, 2009

Phenomenal

I read the book, all the excitment and horror was excitng i was almost about to cry or maybe i would have got scared and start speeding up atomatically and i wasn't intending too, oh my days it was scary! IT IS A MUST READ BOOK!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeah June 14, 2015
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2015

AMAZING !!!

Great Book ! I read this when I was 7 or 8 , I loved it ! Adults think we are to young to read these books but this is my all-time favorite book . It has been my favorite book for about 3 years and it still is ! MUST READ FOR EVERYONE !!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytessah5 June 20, 2015

Good for 13 and up

This book is good for 13 year olds and up because there is mild violence. There are wizard battles where people die, and you read some of the deaths. It also has good role models and great messages because the main characters always try to do what is right and think of others first.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA little bit logical October 25, 2015

This book is perfect.

This book is amazingly well written. You will love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byQuesaDV May 15, 2015