All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Grim, gripping end to the biggest saga in history.

Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2015

The Best Book Ever!

I have read all of the breath taking Harry Potter books and I almost cried in delight and pain when I finished the series. These books are amazing! J.K. Rowling you are the best author of all time and I thing you hit a grand slam on this series. I personally think these are the best books for kids to start of with it took me a long time to accept that they HAD to end. To all parents who are not letting their children read these, as long as they are 7 and can read fair enough than you should let them start the series. Harry Potter has been a part of my life so long, there is no book in the world that you would ever find that are better than this series. I am not just commenting on this particular book I am commenting on behalf of ALL of the Harry Potter books. To all parents reading this I trust all of these books are perfectly fine for all children able to and willing to start reading this series.
Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2014

amazing book

this book was amazing. I started the series at 6 and couldn't stop reading. Its action packed, heroic and always keeps you interested and wanting to see what happens next. An epic conclusion to an epic series
Teen, 13 years old Written byoliviakennedy October 29, 2014

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I thought that this was an amazing book. J.K. Rowling writes in such a way that you get caught in your characters life. This book is an emotional roller coaster, but in the end you're so grateful that you read the book. Never a dull reading moment.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylannaia1 October 4, 2014

Most Amazing book I have ever read

This book is so meaningful I burst into tears at the end it has an awsome plot too
Teen, 14 years old Written byshydreamer September 4, 2014

Greatest book EVER

I looove this book (actually all of the books in this series). There is violence, but JK.Rowling didn't go in much details on that. I'm 14 but these are, without doubt, my favorite books of all time! The characters are so well written, and when you start reading it it's almost impossible to stop. I actually can't think of anything worth warning about except the violence (but I mean it is the showdown), There are many great messages, like the importance of a friendship, support of the closest to you, and it helps you understand the things that really matter in life. And there aren't any swear words except the one at the end of the book (*SPOILER* Molly says it :D )
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2014

BEST BOOK EVER!!

This is my FAVORITE book in the series and overall. I LOVED the book. I really think that this really finishes it off and the epilogue is OK. I really think that it is the best book I've ever read. (I've read a LOT of books!) I think that it is a great book and the website rates it fairly. I do wish though that JK Rowling could write another though because I think that it is SO good I need more!!
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2014

A wonderful farewell to the stunning series beloved worldwide.

This book is simply...well, let's say...words can't describe. This book has everything from dragons to birth to death to bank heists. It breaks my heart to see people skip ahead to the last book and call themselves a Potterhead. Do not read this book unless you've stuck with Harry from the beginning--it will ruin everything if you cheat. Younger children will be upset about major deaths and arguments between best friends. A masterpiece no matter what angle you marvel at it from, this book is one of the better int he series...and between you and me...that is saying something.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2014

Too Protective, CSM

First off, I need to say something to CSM: YOU ARE BEING OVERPROTECTIVE OF KIDS AND TEENS. STOP UNDERESTIMATING OUR EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL MATURITY. IT GETS SICKENING AT TIMES. Second, really CSM, on for 12 AND UP? I read the Deathly Hallows just after I turned nine. I would have read it early, but I wasn't done with the rest of the series. And yes, there are deaths, but that's real life. What are kids going to think if/when a pet or family member dies if you've protected them so much they think the world is fluff and no one dies? And yeah, there's some flirtation and kissing, but nothing more than the typical iCarly episode (you rated it 8+) or Percy Jackson book (rated 9+). And by the time they are 7 or 8, they should have an allowance or be able to make their own money. So video games, no problem! Harry is a self sacrificing, quick individual. Hermione is bookish and clever. Mrs. Weasley is a caring mother. Not too much educational value, but you could come across a new word or two, and it may inspire reluctant readers to give it a chance, considering it is well written and has 749 pages. Give it a chance, parents! Don't under estimate your kids.
Kid, 9 years old June 29, 2014

A Definite Read if you Like Fantasy

This story is directed to older children like my age. Tweens, I guess you could say. This story does have it's flaws, like many deaths. If you love the series and grow emotionally attached to it like me, certain ones can be hard to handle. It also has the occasional swear. For example, Draco is about to get killed by a Death Eater when Harry stuns the Death Eater. That is twice they have saved him that day. Then comes the swear when Ron says "... and that's twice we've saved your neck tonight, you two-faced-" And then the swear. If someone is easily offended by swears, this may not be the book. There is also some violence, and some cases are like the deaths. If you grow attached to the book, you'll get sad/mad at some violence that happens. For example, Snape accidentally cuts off George's ear with magic. Note the "ACCIDENTALLY"! But if none of these bother you too much and you love magic and fantasy, this is the book. It also has a very good message, or should I say, messages. Such as: Be brave, make friends, etc. I guess metaphorically you could say it's a smooth road with the occasional bump. It has a very good ending too, definitely worth a read. I would really like a second series about the Golden Trio's kids and their years at Hogwarts, please. Anyways, me and my dad love the book. Me and three friends had a contest to see who could finish the series first, and as we talked about it, shared opinions, and made inside jokes about it, it brought us closer. I'm a little sad I didn't discover it sooner. When it ended... let's just say I locked myself in my room so my family wouldn't be disturbed from my crying. I hope you enjoy it! P.S. I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts letter... I still have 2 years but I always watch owls when I see them, mostly to see if they have a letter.
Adult Written byKyle Christine June 27, 2014

The finale of one of literature's biggest sagas

The final installment of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter saga marks the epic conclusion of the story of a boy who goes through the halls of a private school for wizards and witches and his quest to figuring out how to defeat the most evil wizard in history: Lord Voldemort. This installment of the series is by far as long as Goblet of Fire and a few pages shorter than Order of the Phoenix. It contains some content that is marked inappropriate for children under age 12 such as deaths of major characters, intense battle sequences in the second half, and some sensuality. But it is a great book for everyone over 12 for intermediate readers.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2014

Ooooo

It is very iffy but if your kid loves the Harry potter series, let them read it! I even read it at age 8! I lived it! It's not as bad as it seems. Iffy, but ok!
Kid, 9 years old April 26, 2014

Harry Potter is awesome!!

This is such an epic final!! Some language. It would be a good idea to talk talk to your kid(s) why the author chose those words. Some violence. We lose some great characters. An epic fanale!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2014

luv it

luv it
Kid, 10 years old April 23, 2014

Very good

This is a very good book and actually not one of the creepiest, except there is some words for older kids
Teen, 16 years old Written bysaibhandari April 21, 2014

Great Ending to the Series.

Honestly, I would have read this book aged 9 had it been out. It has mature content, but most children who are not easily scared should be fine with it. The emotional bits (deaths of beloved characters etc) are the worst bits in terms of being unsuitable for young kids. There is violence, but it isn't very graphic. There is a little more content on sexuality in this book than the others and many of the main characters' lives are affected by newfound romance. There is a little bit of profanity but not much. It is an amazing book, but obviously, not for people who haven't read all the others.
Kid, 9 years old April 21, 2014

AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really good book just a little bit of blood and gore, sadness and violence. I loved the chapters where Harry and Voldermort duel. SPOILER ALERT It's really upsetting when dobby dies. I want JK Rowling to write book 8 because they are really interesting.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2014

great but not for younger kids

i read this when i was 9 but it is more for older kid. really good through
Teen, 14 years old Written byNotreDameFan April 12, 2014

very good book, but a little too much death. Just if your a parent make sure you know your kid, because some of the stuff in here can seriously scare them

I think it was a great thrilling book, but too many key characters die, like Fred, tonks, lupin, dobby, colin creevey, and other people like that. Other than that, I thought it was outstanding. I loved the prolouge too!
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2014

Some touchy parts ...

Definitely the most iffy book of the series. Many deaths occur and some things are described so graphically you literally have nightmares. Still a fantastic finish off to a favorite series of mine but you have to be a bit mature to read this one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOhSnapItsMadison March 27, 2014

Deathly Hallows Rocks!!!!!

I personally think that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is one of the best books ever- Prisoner of Azkaban is my fav though- but I think that you should be twelve when you read it though. I read it when I was ten or eleven, but that is just what I did. It's violent in some parts- if wand waving is violent- and yeah, there's this part where Ron see's something...er... "sexual" due to a Horcrux. There also is kissing in there, but not like, making out kind of kissing. Rowling writes for kids, so she does not put that sort of stuff in there. Of course there is swearing, but it is not like the f bomb and other things like that- more like bugger, git, and bloody hell- which are not swear words in the USA (where I live). There just rude words, like stupid. There is no drinking/drugs/smoking or consumerism, unless you count the Polyjuice Potion as a drug or something, or Butter Beer and Pumpkin Juice as alcohol. It has a REALLY great message and GREAT role models. Love can overcome evil and stuff like that is the message, and I personally think Hermione, Ron, and Harry are AWESOME role models.