All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Grim, gripping end to the biggest saga in history.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008

Fantastic

I cried so hard at one part of this book where somebody died. But I won't tell you who, read it yourself. My friends tease me about crying, but I don't even care. I loved the ending, well some of it anyway. I really liked Half Blood Prince, but this one was really good as well. All of the Harry Potter books, games, movies, etc. deserve endless stars. They are all fantastic, but I don't know what I'll do after the 7th movie. I'll just have to reread, replay, and rewatch until I die like a certain someone I didn't want to die in this book. But enough of my babbling, go read it now!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymferguson03 April 9, 2008

Satifying end to the series

I couldn't stop reading it till it was done. All the issues were resolved, and it didn't have some of the problems of the other books, like being too packed with information, or not enough, or having a bland plot. And -spoiler warning!- it was great that Harry and his friends got a good ending, Snape turned out to be good, and I couldn't believe Harry and Malfoy were actually even close to being "friends." The one issue is that the Dursleys never turn up again, so we don't know if they ever saw Harry again. But besides that one little loose end, I thought it was very good!
Teen, 16 years old Written bypass word April 9, 2008

AWESOME!!!!

This is the best book ever and i reccommend it to everyone. This whole series is great, it is a must read for all ages that can understand it. The only thing that shocked me about this book was that there was a certain amount of language that was not neccesary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byajpapesh April 9, 2008

Thank U Jo!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love this book I read this in a day and a half. I just couldn't put the book down. After the first day of this my mom threatened to take the book away from me because I was spending to much time reading. (Who sais that to kids?)Of corse my mom never got into Harry so it is kindof understandable that she didn't understand my need to finish the book. However adults can read this series my dad loves them again, Jo Thank you but don't get lazy on us keep writing!
Adult Written byjohnnydogmatic April 9, 2008

What an extraordinary book! [no spoilers]

I haven't been so gripped with excitement by a book for a loooong time. The climax and summation of all six books is here. A true saga, and with very, very strong love-and-selfsacrifice elements. WOW!
Adult Written bycbouch27 April 9, 2008

PERFECT ENDING except for the epilogue

i was golden till that last lil chapter... it didnt ruin the series but left me wantin more
Teen, 16 years old Written bypasswordy April 9, 2008

Best book ever!

This whole series is an absolute must read for all ages! I thought that this book was definitely one of the best . The only thing that bothered me was that there was some excess swearing that was unecessary. Read it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybananabrain04 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Amazing end to the saga- possibly the best one!

I was looking forward to this book intensely, marking off the days on a calandar and checking fan sites very regurally. I went to the midnight party, and by 12:41 (one minute after I got it), I was into it. I was not dissapointed. Yes, it was sad in some parts, but it wrapped everything up fantastically. Harry has really become a part of my life, and I hope you enjoy him as much as I have.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

must read this book

this book has a couple of cusses but it puts a great picture in your head and it answers a lot of questions
Adult Written byxgoosegirlx April 9, 2008

A must for Harry Potter fans!

I really enjoyed this book. It is grim and violent. But that said, there are many good messages throughout. I would be warry of letting any child in third grade and below read this book. Children in fourth grade are right on the line. If you know that your kid gets upset by death and violence, give them a year or so. This is a great set of books to get kids to read.
Teen, 17 years old Written byiluvga April 9, 2008

A book definatly worth reading

This book is very interesting and i thought that there was a lot of violence towards the end of the book. I found the book quite sad at points when people like Fred, Tonks and Remus died, especially right after they had Teddy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKelandryOfTortall April 9, 2008

Wow.

This book is amazing. It is completely different from the other books (which were also great!) because it does not center at Hogwarts. It's really an incredible book.

The end for Harry

Harry Potter seven was definatly interesting but as I was reading it, I noticed quite a lot of plot holes. You'd jump from the characters windering how to get somewhere/something and suddenly they would have it?! I wouldn't let people under 11 read the series because in most of them there is a lot of darkness, killing, torturing, thinking of torturing, thinking of killing etc. But trust me, it isnt all bad. There are some funny moments like the time when Beatrix Lestrange (the witch who killed Sirius etc)... wait, just read it and tell for yourself.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRHCPcrazyfan101 April 9, 2008

Its Awesome!

This is my favorite book of them all! you will love it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter April 9, 2008