Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Fourth Potter has brilliant plotting -- and dragons.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 6, 2015

One of the better books Rowling has to offer

This may be the best book to come out of the Harry Potter series besides the last one. The story is fast paced and we finally get to imagine voldemort in his full, bald and no-nosed glory
Teen, 15 years old Written byDancer27 April 9, 2008

A must read for all ages!

This book was so awesome! It was full of action and kept you on your seat. I think parents as well as kids should read it!
Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2021

A great addition to the Harry Potter series!

This fourth installment in the Harry Potter series is amazing, as always! But, It's a little darker than the first three books. A teenager is killed, and there is action violence. It is totally good for ten year old's and if your kid is an advanced reader then nine could be fine to. This is a very exciting book, full of adventure and wit. Once again, J.K Rowling writes a must read.

Kid, 9 years old April 22, 2021

Amazing like all the books but it starts to get dark.

This book is the best! But It is a bit scary. The books get more dark from here onwards.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymaddiem_1212 April 6, 2021

Teen, 13 years old Written byKorakas February 16, 2021

Awesome!!

I loved the book! I was on the edge of my seat the whole 2 days it took me to read it. Lots of mystery and twists. It does get dark though and it's a little violent.
~Spoiler~
Slicing wrists off and 3 people die. There is also the Unforgivable Curses(is what they're called) and they can torture you in pain, control you, and kill you automatically. They are used through out the book mostly by Voldemort or the teacher demonstrating them.

Kid, 9 years old January 22, 2021

So good!

This is a really great book! I loved it, and There is some violence but not an immense amount. Great book overall!

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe blue January 1, 2021

Best plot ever!

(SPOILER FREE REVIEW)
This is my favorite Harry Potter book, with no doubt. Once I picked it up, I couldn't keep it down. It has been brilliantly written and there are a ton of mysteries in the air which kept me turning the pages with excitement. The whole series becomes a lot darker (the opening is particularly very dark). However, with increasing darkness there is also better story. Harry is mysteriously chosen to compete in a dangerous tournament called the Triwizard tournament which is packed with deadly tasks. There are a lot of other things as well, and Voldemort is getting stronger... And everything adds up flawlessly in the end. But there are a lot of funny moments along the way, as well. I have rated it 10+ because it might get a little too scary for the younger ones. Otherwise, it's brilliant, and I recommend it very much!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcakeeeyyyyy December 30, 2020

Very Long But Great Story

This book has more than 700 pages, but it was still a great story, so that's good!

Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2020

Spectacular book!

The Goblet of fire is a very good book. It has a lot of pages—much more then the first three books. It can sometimes be boring. It took me about a month to read it. Other then that, it is the best book I’ve ever read for my kid years so far.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysurfer589 November 30, 2020

The darkness begins here, but it's not that bad

I read this when I was nine and it didn't scare me at all. Sure, the graveyard scene was alarming, but not terrifying. Then again, you and/or your kids might be sensitive so make sure to read the other reviews.
The Triwizard Tournament is full of dangerous situations, including a dragon, an event that occurs underwater with evil mermaids, and a massive maze. The death of *SPOILER!* is shocking, and then Wormtail cuts off his hand and cuts Harry's arm. Voldemort is an imposing figure, and the images of the people he murdered is sentimental.
But, this book is AMAZING. It was my favorite for years (the Deathly Hallows novel stole that spot a few months ago) and is very entertaining.

Teen, 16 years old Written byilhc November 9, 2020

Extraordinary

A tone transfiguration, it's so the boy-girl drama, bright to start, but breaks your heart, and ends in tears and trauma. After a steady build, the series hits its stride. Deep and layered, it goes down smooth, never seeming overly complex.

Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2020

Voldemort returns and dark times are coming

Students, including harry, are at risk of dying in the tri-wizard tournament. A 17 year old dies.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGIJoe85 October 15, 2020

I Love this book

I have read all of the Harry Potter series! I love it! At the end is a little scary at the end because harry potter has a face to face encounter with Voldemort and his friend Cedric meets death. Over all it is a great book!

Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2020

Best Book EVER!

This is by far the best book I have ever read in my life. I like it better than the Harry Potter books 1-3 because it goes much faster and is different. In the first three books, Harry goes to Hogwarts, experiences something bad that has to do with Voldemort, and then goes back to the Dursleys. In the fourth book, it is much different and a lot more interesting. He actually doesn't go to Hogwarts or Ron's house first, he goes to the World Cup. I also like how there are a lot more new characters in this book. It makes it very interesting. The Triwizard Tournament was AMAZING! So entertaining and I was not able to put this book down. I don't think I have ever read a 730 page book so fast. The only thing that was a bit sad was when someone died. I am not going to say who, but it was a very sad and quick death. I also love the fact that there are female role models in this book. I like how it wasn't just boys that competed in the tournament. I also liked the Yule Ball. I feel like the ball was much better in the movie, probably because of the music and you could see everyone's beautiful dress and watch the dancing, but it was a really good chapter! Another thing that I think is awesome, is that Hermione stands up about elf rights. She talks about how even though they are elves, they should still be paid and have breaks. I feel like that was a really good part that talks about equality.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Review Guy August 13, 2020

Dark and intense themes, romance in great book for older tweens

The Harry Potter franchise tends to get darker, but better. An example for their change is this one. This one has REALLY dark themes, and Voldemort’s threat is higher than ever. Lots of the book is intense, and now, they have romance.
Educational Value: 2/5. Like the previous book, J.K. Rowling educates kids about fantasy-set worlds and the creatures in there.
Positive Messages: 2/5. Some good lessons about teamwork, friendship and courage, but with a dark tone like this book, the messages seem lesser,
Positive Role Models: 2/5. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore are still solid role models who promote the importance of courage, teamwork and friendship, but in some parts of the book, they end up fighting with each other, making them seem lesser role models than in the previous ones.
Violence: 4/5. Lots of dark and intense scenes. Voldemort’s threat is higher than ever, and now, he can actually touch Harry! Harry gets searing pains from his scar, with detail like “feeling like his head may split open”. An old man dies to Voldemort. The Golden Trio get into fiercer fights with their enemies. A hand gets severed and there’s some blood. Harry also gets tortured by Voldemort. (Spoiler Alert: A key character dies at the hands of Voldemort.) Characters also argue with each other.
Sex: 2/5. It’s time for the Yule Ball, which means lots of romance and drama. Ron is jealous when Hermione goes to the dance with Victor Krum, even sabotaging it, leading to drama between them. Harry has a crush on Cho Chang, and asks her to the prom.
Language: 2/5. Ron says “piss off” once, as well as other infrequent uses of “hell”, “damn” and “Mudblood”.
Consumerism: 0/5. No consumerism at all.
Drinking, Drugs & Smoking: 1/5. Characters drink Butterbeer.
Overall, this book is very good, but with intense and dark themes, this book is best left for kids 12 and up.

Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2020

A book with a whole lot of adventure!

This book is an amazing book, for kids, there is adventure, twists, action and a whole lot of fun! The only problem with this book (this is why I think is for ages 9 and up) is because there is a death of an important character, a little bit of flirting and kissing (yule ball), but otherwise, it is an amazing book!

Teen, 15 years old Written byJessycat9 July 7, 2020

Good

We look more into the characters of the Wealseys and there is many important messages as Harry takes on the Triwizzard Tournament underaged.In this book there are deaths and emotive language makes you feel captured by the book.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytheatrekid June 14, 2020

Truly Magical

I adore Goblet of Fire. It’s not my favorite book but it comes so close. The Triwizard Tournament, as well as the Yule Ball and *SPOILER ALERT*

the inevitable return of Voldemort are things readers want to dig their teeth into.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMar mbl June 13, 2020