All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Powerful penultimate book mines Voldemort's past.

Adult Written bywinfall April 9, 2008

Long Live Harry!

All of Rowling's books have been excellent and this one is no exception. I was a bit surprised at the amount of alcohol use (by adults).

I loved it so much that I read it in a week!

It was definetly a very sad death at the end. Harry was right about Snape when he had first thought of him, Snape is PURE EVIL! That made the book better and more exciting, though. One thing I absolutely did NOT like was that Ron had a girlfriend other than Hermione. Yes, the rest of it was pretty good and exciting. I liked how Voldemort had put some of his life into different horcruxes. That was pretty cool. I wonder what's going to happen in the next book. Hopefully J.K. Rowling will be able to make another one. I wonder if Harry will be able to learn more about magic. J.K. Rowling makes it so that I need to read the next book to find out what happens next. THIS BOOK RULES!!
Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byAriesFlame8 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bysimpsonssaydoh April 9, 2008
Adult Written byandredemos April 9, 2008

An amazing book in an amazing series!

Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008
Again, I think the most amayzing thing about Harry Potter books is how they can really show teenage feelings.
Adult Written bycharlie_chautin April 9, 2008

Another great book by Rowlings (but not for kiddies)

I personally loved this book. I think from beginning to end it sent a good message out about fighting evil with good. I liked the fact that we finally saw the human side of Voldemort, that he was not born some evil entity. Also a wonderful testimony by Fleur Delacour at the end about real love for one's spouse (or future spouse in this case). More violent than any of the last books, and flocked with some hair raising scenes, this one is not one for the kiddies, but a good read for older teens and adults.

I loved it!!

I loved this book. It may not be suitable for readers who have trouble with longer or tougher books, because it is extremely long, but I loved every page. Can't wait for Deathly Hallows, and hope Harry and Gin get back together!!
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2016

An opinion like any other

This is an awesome book. I read it and immediately started yearning for the next book . I read all the books before it and they kept getting better. My mom held me back too long, you could read it at 8-9.(In my opinion of course your mum and dad pick). I won't spoil it but it is tragic . Know that before you read it. Hope you like it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfreedokid February 22, 2016
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2015

Unbelievable

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is probably the best book I have ever read. It is the perfect mixture of fantasy, showing you what you want to see, as well as showing you that it's only behind a brick wall. Every second is entertaining, and it is just impossible to put down. It includes some romance, but is mostly about the adventures of three teenagers: Harry Potter, Ronald Weasly, and Hermione Granger. I would recommend this book to any person who loves fantasy, or books in general.
Kid, 8 years old January 16, 2015

The best thing ever!!!

It has a lot of violence . Very exciting. Don't read this if you get upset when people die. It is really good though. It has a lot of kissing and stuff. But think it's awesome!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byoliviakennedy October 31, 2014

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Into the memories Dumbledore and Harry Potter go to explore Voldemort. Horcruxes and plot twists make the book fun and an adventure to read. J.K. Rowling makes you so attached to the characters that you will shed a tear with each death. Please do not read this book if you haven't read the other books in the series, if you do it will make no sense.
Kid, 10 years old July 6, 2014

Awesome Book, Now Stop Shielding Kids, CSM

Again, I must say, really CSM? Stop underestimating kids' maturity levels! I read the HBP when I was eight years old. Yes, there's some violence, but nothing more than a Percy Jackson book. And there's no more flirting than a Victorious episode. Not too educational, but it is very thick (inspiring reluctant readers to try it out), and you may come across a new word. All characters are well rounded, clever, quick, brave, and self-sacrificing. And yes, there are video games, but by the time kids are 8 or so, they should have a way to make some of their own money. Just give it a chance, parents.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2014

Great book, loved it!

This book is extremely good, couldn't get my eyes off of it. Although the book is pretty long, your attention span doesn't seem to run out. There is a little more romance than other books in the harry potter series.
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2013

Great book

I read it a while ago and thought it was very good. It explained almost everything about voldemort and his past.
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2013