All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Powerful penultimate book mines Voldemort's past.

Kid, 9 years old October 31, 2010
This book is mild,but great at the same time.In the whole book,the action level goes up and down.
Adult Written bywinfall April 9, 2008

Long Live Harry!

All of Rowling's books have been excellent and this one is no exception. I was a bit surprised at the amount of alcohol use (by adults).

I loved it so much that I read it in a week!

It was definetly a very sad death at the end. Harry was right about Snape when he had first thought of him, Snape is PURE EVIL! That made the book better and more exciting, though. One thing I absolutely did NOT like was that Ron had a girlfriend other than Hermione. Yes, the rest of it was pretty good and exciting. I liked how Voldemort had put some of his life into different horcruxes. That was pretty cool. I wonder what's going to happen in the next book. Hopefully J.K. Rowling will be able to make another one. I wonder if Harry will be able to learn more about magic. J.K. Rowling makes it so that I need to read the next book to find out what happens next. THIS BOOK RULES!!
Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byAriesFlame8 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bysimpsonssaydoh April 9, 2008
Adult Written byandredemos April 9, 2008

An amazing book in an amazing series!

Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008
Again, I think the most amayzing thing about Harry Potter books is how they can really show teenage feelings.
Adult Written bycharlie_chautin April 9, 2008

Another great book by Rowlings (but not for kiddies)

I personally loved this book. I think from beginning to end it sent a good message out about fighting evil with good. I liked the fact that we finally saw the human side of Voldemort, that he was not born some evil entity. Also a wonderful testimony by Fleur Delacour at the end about real love for one's spouse (or future spouse in this case). More violent than any of the last books, and flocked with some hair raising scenes, this one is not one for the kiddies, but a good read for older teens and adults.

I loved it!!

I loved this book. It may not be suitable for readers who have trouble with longer or tougher books, because it is extremely long, but I loved every page. Can't wait for Deathly Hallows, and hope Harry and Gin get back together!!
Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2017

Wow! Impressed, but a lot of violence.

J. K. Rowling really put the cherry on top! Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has many well-developed characters and the protaganists show bravery and kindness throughout. There are also many great messages about friendship and just "going for it!" However, there is also a lot of kissing and crushes. Some friends get in fights, "couples" break up, and characters have mixed feelings for others. There is also a lot of violence. A main character dies, possibly breaking the heart of a soft reader. Another character readers thought were good betray Harry and his friends and murder someone. (I won't say white is because I don't want to spoil it.) But if your this far into the series, it is unlikely you will stop! No matter what this site suggests. In general, this is a very exciting and well written book. Highly recommended but not for younger children.
Kid, 10 years old November 14, 2016

Harry potter Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defiantly on my list of the BEST-BOOKS-EVER!!!!!!!! The best Harry Potter book. DE-FIN-AT-LY!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinchester_potter_1d October 14, 2016
Teen, 16 years old Written bySpencer15 September 26, 2016

Amazing masterpiece.

This series is amazing, in this book there is a lot of flirting, but that's nothing unless you're a fundamentalist Christian that lives in the mountains of Romania. It's an excellent book and made me cry because of the major death.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysiva K. August 15, 2016

My Second Favourite in the series

I just finished the book (my 11 year old is already in Deathly Hallows). It is a bit dark..with death and Harry is put in difficult situations, etc., There is also a bit of snogging, nothing overtly sexual. I guess this the book where the kids are coming of age. However, a bit of preview for younger kids is not a bad thing all together. Obviously, the whole series should be read in the correct order, else it is not as interesting..So, the dark magic and interrelationships have been built over the series, thus less 'shocking' I guess.
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2016

An opinion like any other

This is an awesome book. I read it and immediately started yearning for the next book . I read all the books before it and they kept getting better. My mom held me back too long, you could read it at 8-9.(In my opinion of course your mum and dad pick). I won't spoil it but it is tragic . Know that before you read it. Hope you like it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfreedokid February 22, 2016
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2015

Unbelievable

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is probably the best book I have ever read. It is the perfect mixture of fantasy, showing you what you want to see, as well as showing you that it's only behind a brick wall. Every second is entertaining, and it is just impossible to put down. It includes some romance, but is mostly about the adventures of three teenagers: Harry Potter, Ronald Weasly, and Hermione Granger. I would recommend this book to any person who loves fantasy, or books in general.