All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Powerful penultimate book mines Voldemort's past.

I give this book an 11+ rating.

This is a great book. It may not be for younger children, though. There are many deaths, and one very heartbreaking. It describes one death intensly. There is some language. There are kids drinking alcohol. There is lots and lots of kissing. Despite all of this, I loved the book. I especially loved learning about the Horcruxes and Voldemort's past. I cannot wait until the movie version of this book comes out!
Adult Written bycharlie_chautin April 9, 2008

Another great book by Rowlings (but not for kiddies)

I personally loved this book. I think from beginning to end it sent a good message out about fighting evil with good. I liked the fact that we finally saw the human side of Voldemort, that he was not born some evil entity. Also a wonderful testimony by Fleur Delacour at the end about real love for one's spouse (or future spouse in this case). More violent than any of the last books, and flocked with some hair raising scenes, this one is not one for the kiddies, but a good read for older teens and adults.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysingingsuperstar2120 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bykkzozo987 April 9, 2008

She is still going!!(j.k)

This book is one of the best bookes in the seaires! Others may diagrie but i like it the best although the 4th and 5th were good! I am still wating for my mom to finsh the 7th one! But u just have to read this one! I will garente this will be good!!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A must read book for those whom can understand (read the books in order)

Teen, 16 years old Written byfrodolover April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywii April 9, 2008
great book better than the fifth but sad yep the ending is very sad but great book i can't wate til the last book
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Exciting book, (may not be suitable for kids under 11)

In this book there is a death of a major character, caused by one of Harry's villains. There is lots of fighting in this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

Harry at his best!

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. This is by far the best book. It's a book that's more aimed at teens, so people ten and up should read it. It is important to understand that Harry is growing up, so there are more teen issues, like dating and more language. It is a book of many layers, and any Harry Potter fan will certainly enjoy this book!

I read this at the age of 10...

By the way, PotterPhantom, please stop. You're hurting people, and Lord of the Rings IS better than Harry Potter. Anyway, at 10 the snogging didn't bother me, nor did the violence (though I pretty much cried when __________ died). It's true that the plot gets much more complicated in this book (with some fabulous red herrings, foreshadowing, and connections back to older books) and it may be hard for some to follow. On the other hand, for any real Potter fan that's been reading since 5 or 6 (like me) it shouldn't be too hard -- you're already predicting at a young age, and you've been exposed to plot twists as a little kid. Plus, kids are much smarter than adults think they are, and I know that I could have gotten this book at 8 or 9. Come on, give us credit. This book is fine for 9+, although is probably best for 10 or 11+. It's amazingly written, my favorite so far, and I can't wait till Deathly Hallows!
Teen, 17 years old Written byfiddlexabout April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bynumberdomino April 9, 2008

This book is great esspecially the parts with Ron For my age but mabye not for young readers like the snogging but it is great for teens but the whole book is good for 10ish and up
Adult Written byzdrina April 9, 2008

Great book!

Different from the others, but its lovely! More romance, its a lovely read! although one major death..
Teen, 13 years old Written byMisty11116 April 9, 2008

the best twist of plot to me

You would be suprised who the half blood prince Is. You might think it is one person but it is someone completely the opposite of that person.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

the BEST book so far.

this book kept me on the edge of my seat. so many twists and turn. A MUST READ BOOK!!

This is a great book. I loved it. I can't wait for the movie to come out!