All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Magical start of bestselling Potter phenomenon.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn January 10, 2009

I love this book! It is really, really good! I couldn't stop until I finished!
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18 year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written bythe fallen November 7, 2008

it was on ok book not as good as the others

i like the book but my mom is in love with the book she has it all name sumthing and she has if it invales harry potter she has to have it is scary how some people love this book ( it was a little had to fallow)

good

I liked this book. The beginning was a little stupid but it got better as it went on.

A good book

Not as good as the other Harry Potter books, but okay.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystompboi79 April 9, 2008

A good book

This book is a very good book for all ages. There i ssome fantasy fighting but there are some mean rude words.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

A Good Start

This is a fantastic beginning to an almost impossibly great series. These are the best books ever! Sorcerer's Stone is an easy classic. It's fun, and has a light atmosphere*. It's a great introductory to such a phenomenon. Well done, Mrs. Rowling, this is truly a masterpiece. *To Parents: As the series moves on, the books become progressively darker, mostly on behalf of Lord Voldemort. While this book is great for seven and up, the latest book so far is better for eleven or older.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

You haven't lived until you've read this. Honestly.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybasketball dude April 9, 2008

It's A Must Read!!!

Well, Harry Potter was raised in a family of muggles, the Dursley's.Harry never knew he was a wizard until he got a letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Not knowing any thing about magic, Harry goes.Their he meets some enemies and some friends.Harry has to save his school from someone who is trying to take the Sorcerer's Stone.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypom_______pom April 9, 2008

It was GREAT!!!!!!

I thought it was a very good book because it was full of action and It was very exciting. I think people my age should read this if you like sorcery (and if your mom and dad let you). Thier is some scary parts and some fighting parts but all together it is very good.

I enjoyed this book

I like this book. It's one of my mom's faves.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykarate chop April 9, 2008

Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008

Adult Written bypooreme April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008

A great beginning to a wonderfull series!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Harry Potter is like a drug in the book area.

Harry potter is probably the most popular kids series of books in the world. And I must tell parents that kids will enjoy reading these books just as much as they will playing video games and watching TV. Its amazing. But be warned however, Harry Potter books are like drugs. Kids can get addicted to them. Reading the first book will get to the second, thrid, then all the way upt to the sixth and the seventh coming out sometime later. And they will actually read the books over and over again! I've read each of them at least two or three times. They're excellent. Nothing offensive here either. Its perfectly fine for kids, just maybe some scary stuff. The books get more mature however, as they go up in the series. But sill, the latest book, the sixth, could easily be read by a ten-year-old. They are wonderful books. Encourage your kids, and pretty soon, they'll be hooked. You may have to give them only a limited time of reading! (And another warning: kids may stay up very late reading under the covers with Harry Potter.)