All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Magical start of bestselling Potter phenomenon.

Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2011

its a jigsaw

Suspense and discovery.Its just wonderful!
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

Educational as always, THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!

A little violent and scary but less scarier than the movie and very AWESOME!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2011

Read it!!!!!

I love it! Beautiful start to an amazing story. I recommend it to children of all ages, and adults also. My mom refuses to read it (lol) and therefore think's it's weird. But it's not. It's a book about magic and adventure and love and caring and many other good aspects. It's not scary in the least bit! If your child is, say, three or four, yes, it's scary. But nine? He/she could handle it. My younger brother, who is eight, read this book and the whole series. Now, maybe the whole series was a little too much. But the first book is absolutely fine. The children are inspiring, and the adults are whimsical. A book for all ages.
Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2011

There's a reason it's most famous series of all time...

It's Harry Potter. Need I say more? Fantastic messages and great role models. Some violence but not very scary at all. I do think the whole "Voldy growing out of the back of Quirrel's head" a tad creepy, but it's clever and interesting and there is not a thing about Harry Potter that needs to change!
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2011

WOW!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.Well I LOVE THIS THING TO THE MAX!J.K. Rowling does a great job with her magical ride!I totally reccomend this book for kids 9+.And even if you are a Grown-up You should also read this book `cause its so awesome!100 thumbs up
Kid, 9 years old January 6, 2011

READ NOW

its a long book but fun and great to read!
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2010

Fabulous book, but young kids will be scared

This book is top notch. Most children 8+ could read this book by themselves, but with kids that young, the nightmare factor can get pretty high. 9 year olds should be able to handle the level of suspense and peril. It's really great fun, full of broomsticks, trolls, spells, and three headed dogs. The Dursleys mistreat Harry, and mean teachers at Hogwarts give him a hard time, but overall, the content is age appropriate.
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2010
I am reading this book in my school its a 5.1 its very cool and some parts may include gore or suspense but they find there way through and some things in this fantastic book are including magic,mis treating harry etc
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlinaW. November 19, 2010

Great book for endless fun!

I've read this book many times, and for good reason! Like Common Sense says, this book really does respect kids intelligence . . . I was read it aloud when I was about 6, and my friends and I were immersed in that fantasy, we would play Harry Potter games, and I enjoyed being read a little more every night . . . I'm 15 now, and I still fondly remember it, which tells you something. I've read almost the whole series now, and am going to see the new movie (Deathly Hallows Part 1) Although the books are much better then the movies, I would definitely recommend the first book to read aloud to your 6, 7, or 8 year old, after that, I think kids will love reading a little each night, sometimes on their own, sometimes being read to. The first time around, it was a little scary in some parts, but more intreguing and fascinating the second time. Now I consider it a favourite that I'll pick up in a pinch of nothing to read, or to curl up with on a rainy day. The books get more intense as the series goes on, but nothing a mature kid can't handle. Read 'em!
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2010

awesome

i love the book it is one of the most awesome book i have ever read....
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 August 14, 2010

Amazing book

This book is amazing. I literally could not put it down. The Harry Potter series is literally the best book series I have ever read. Filled with a well-crafted world, rich characters, and an intriguing plot, kids are sure to be sucked into this wonderful novel. There is some violence, but not too much. SPOILER ALERT there is more violence at the end when Harry fights Voldemort END OR SPOILER. There is also some references to drinking but it's not a lot. As for language, there was one d-mn (it didn't bother me) and some exclamations of Good Lord! But it's not very much. 5 out of 5 stars :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byurbanrunner460 July 30, 2010

Is super fun to read TO you kids (bonding moments!)

I have literally grown up with the magical world of Harry Potter books, and I can honestly say they have instilled in me a love of reading! If there was no Harry Potter, I would have never begged my mom to bring me to the bookstore and I wouldn't have become as good a reader. I still reread the series each year because I pick up on something new ever time I read!
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2010

Fast Reader... O_O

Finished it in TWO NIGHTS...NOT kidding. found the D Word and there WAS SOME talking about drinking...I think, i don't know, i have a bad memory...But i LOVED the book havent read the others yet, but when i do...I'll tell you what i thought ;)
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2010

Excellent read for all ages!!!

It's absolutely fantastic, even for adults maybe. There's a lot of adventure in there and the magic is very interesting and fun to read about. Harry Potter is the perfect balance of action, schooling struggles, evil and cool magic!
Teen, 17 years old Written byPieCakeCookie123 April 22, 2010

Don't think about it, JUST READ!!!!

Fantastic book. I don't think I should say more!
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2010

Great book! the start of a great series!

harry potter goes to hogwarts and finds out he is the only person ever to live after being attacked by the dark lord you-know-who [Voldemort] in this book he strikes again!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrooky30 March 5, 2010

Lays the Foundation

I think this is a great book because it lays the foundatoin for the future Harry Potter readers.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2010

ah-mazing

this is the classic harr potter, the begginning. if u havnt read the series u need 2. the book is awesome and is about harry who has been treated horribly by his aunt, uncle, and cousin, dudly. then he learns he is a wizard and suddenly he is famous, rich and, well, magical. he becomes best friend with ron, a redhaired, freckly, kid who comes from a poor but large famly. and hermione, a complete bossy know-it-all. the story continues on in perfect plot and clues r hidden all over the story. its impossible 2 read the book and not finish the series. i would reccomend it 2 anyone i could and 1 of my friends luves it now that i told her 2 read it. it gets a little violent, but not 2 much. one charachter gets hurt both emotionally and phisicall. its still THE (not one of the, THE) best book.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2009
a bit scary but a great book, it might just be the book that gets you reading!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2009

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This book was GREAT!!!! It was a bit slow at first, but then once Harry gets into Hogwarts, it just gets better and better. I know this might sound a little silly, since Harry Potter is a fictional character, but he is one of my role models!!! This is book is one of the best in the series!!! I would reccomend this book for kids 8 and up. *Once you start these books, it's hard to stop, but if you read them when you are younger, remember this, they get darker and darker every book, so you might want to wait till you're older to read the rest of them.