All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Magical start of bestselling Potter phenomenon.

Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2012

Amazing, and a work of art! :)

This is so great! I love Harry Potter! JK Rowling is the best author ever! There is no book that starts a series that is half as good as this! This is just perfect! You have to read Harry Potter! It's totally clean and so good! Some people like Twilight more, but it is explicit and dreadful! This is amazing! Star :)
Educator and Parent Written bycase de pariuri March 14, 2012

adult wp themes

Thanks for sharing her story,adult wp themes it was so funny
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2012

Great book for all ages!

This is a great book! I remember when I was taking standardized testing in 2nd grade and reading this book for the first time. I was furious when I realized I could have read it a couple of years earlier! This book isn't as scary as young elementary schoolers (and you, the parent) might think, and it has nothing else inappropriate at all. I would even say that this book would be "on" for ages 4 and up, but most 4-year-olds can't read...so... maybe read it to them? Anyhow, this is a great book that never gets old. Whether you're a second grader ready for standardized testing or an adult who has experienced the tests of life, this book is great for you and your family.
Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2012

Great!

This book is amazing! I have just finished reading this one, and am about the mid-beginning on the second. If you can stand a bloody unicorn, a hooded dark figure, a three-headed dog, and a quite small amount of violence just to read this incredible book, i'm sure you'll enjoy the beginning of a wonderful series.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarvinMartian February 18, 2012

Harry Potter 1

A great movie. The forbidden forest scene is too scary for young children. Some murder and mild violence. Harry, Ron, and Herminie are good role models. Mild language "Bloody hell"
Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule February 15, 2012

Okay not great

This book was fine. Though it wasn't not as good as my friends said they were. At one point in the book Harry and some other wizards track down a unicorn who is bleeding to death. They find the unicorn dead and somebody is drinking the unicorn's blood. I thought that was disturbing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysammy4488 January 16, 2012

OMG! THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!

OMG! I love the Harry Potter series, I've read it 3 times! It is soooooo amazingly good. I can not believe Rowling has this whole world in her head! I recomend this to anyone and everyone. It is one of the best books you will ever read! You'll fall in love with the world of Hogwarts!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDancingInTheRain January 16, 2012

An all-around great series

Let's just get right down to business here. This entire series was, is, and always will be, amazing. As the series goes on the characters grow up the series get's slightly more dark and mysterious, but your child will get older alongside Harry, Ron, and Hermione, so it's not really an issue. Seriously go out, and buy the whole series of books and movies. You will not regret it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookWormGranger January 9, 2012

Love!

I grew up with Harry Potter. This is the great book that started it all. It is an amazing series, and I highly recommend it if you love fantasy with some intensity :)
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2012

Great

I know this sounds wierd or unbelievable but its true: I read this when I was 5 in under a week and I've read the whole series about 17 times since. This is my second favorite series. The funny thing is my favorite series (The Lord of the Rings) I've only read twice. J. K. Rowling creates a wonderful fantasy world where leadership, loyalty, determination, and a certain disregard for rules are valued. The characters age with the authors experiance which makes for an interesting read. I labeled this book O.K. for 7 and up. Well the next book should be labeled 8 and up, and the next 9 and up, and so on. There are also more "love", bad language and drinking in later bookes. Also an increase in violence, but as bad things grow good things become more aparent. More values and role models become more distinct. I Highly recomend this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 21, 2011

BORING

The Harry Potter books are very boring and don't go at a fast pace
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2011

I read this book when I was eight and it was awesome. It was a good start of the series and J.K. Rowling was very creative. It is for ages 8 and up.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2011

harry potter year 1 at hogwarts

i think its a wonderful start to the awesome and fantastic series of harry potter. although hagrid dase mention getting drunk in a pup once or twice the books fine for kids you chose if youre kids are ready for the challang. the is mild cussing in it so I would not recomend to younger kids.there are some things that i wounder if i could really have like Bertie Botts Every Flavor beans but becarful, frad swares he got a boggie flavored one once..
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2011

A Slow Start, But a Real Treat

Even though this book is a little slow at the start, it is an absolutely wonderful start to one of the most popular series in modern times. There is use of the d-word and some peril, but there are positive role models and plenty of humor. Kids won't want to put this one down!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 15, 2011

Amazing Story!

Never has a line gripped me quite like "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number 4, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." This is one of my all-time favorite books. It is full of good messages and it's a thrilling story. There is some violence, but it is nothing an older kid can't handle. I hate to think that any parent would keep their kids away from these books just because they think it is too violent or they do not approve of magic. Please read this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshootit October 29, 2011

Good but not super good

well its not s good as the other books. But it does have good role models and all that crap. It's about Harry's first year and he meets two people. He wants to learn how to magic. This book is so much better than the twigh light saga. This book is great but the 7th was the best. Than the 4th than the 5th than the 6th than comes the 2nd than the 1st and last the 3rd. You should read this book its good but not super duper good.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2011

the sorcerer's stone never shatters

A great 300+ paged novel, but it does have its expenses. Younger kids may not appeal to the mentioning of 3-headed dog pursuit or unicorn blood, but it's a great book with detail, humor, and lots of good lessons of life, even when you're having too much magical fun to cope with it. Definitely a tween-recommended novel for fantasy junkies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byalex advice September 30, 2011

grow with the books

ok parents, heres what you need to know about the harry potter series. whatever age harry is, in the book, thats the age the kids should be when they read it. example; book 1=11 book 2= 12 the kids are supposed to grow with harry.
Parent Written byRobertW September 9, 2011

Daughter and Dad really like this book

My daughter thinks Harry Potter is really cool and rocks. She thinks that Harry is super talented and she likes how great he is at Quidditch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXDMorsemordreXD August 27, 2011

Magical;Classic Introduction

A magical and well-written introduction to J.K Rowling's immersive, ''Wizarding World''