All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Magical start of bestselling Potter phenomenon.

Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2010

Fast Reader... O_O

Finished it in TWO NIGHTS...NOT kidding. found the D Word and there WAS SOME talking about drinking...I think, i don't know, i have a bad memory...But i LOVED the book havent read the others yet, but when i do...I'll tell you what i thought ;)
Kid, 9 years old August 21, 2009

This is one of the best books ever!

Great book as soon as you can read at this level you should read it!
Adult Written byQtbug1 April 9, 2008

Good book for Kids and Adults

Harry Potter is finally a fantasy book for not just kids but adults to. Able to be read by younger kids due to it's lack of sex, language and gore, it is still enjoyable for the adults that love a good clean story. A must read!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconpizza78 September 26, 2015

Can't get enough of this

Firstly, I've never seen any Harry potter movies and I wasn't really interested in them... that was until I read this. This book is magical, amazing and full of magic! I never once wanted to put down the book and neither will you're child. It will be a great way of getting you're child to read! There is no extreme violence and only one surprise swear word. S#um. Apart from that this is perfectly appropriate for anyone who can read. I can't wait to read the chamber of secrets! Read it yourself you will be surprised how good it is!
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

love this book

just read it
Teen, 14 years old Written byarbaaz khan November 28, 2013

good but a little slow-paced

the book is great but a little slow from the other ones. and I selected 11 because I think that a 8 or a 9 year old would put the book down immediately because of the slow-paced thing but otherwise good enough.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnnaMai August 26, 2013

Harry Potter... all of them.

Readers: Harry Potter is a wonderful book series and I fully support your reading of it. If you like the sci-fi, fantasy sort of route, this series is for you. If you're intimidated by the size of the books, try to pull through. I know the first chapter is a bit of a snooze, but get to the hundreth page. If you still don't want to finish after that you can talk to me about it. J.K. Rowling has built very strong plots for all of her books, and you can rely on her characters just as much; wonderful character development and depth----- cudos to Rowling for pulling it off! Parents: Don't worry if your child picks up this book. Yes, there is a little big of violence, but you'll find that your child grows with the characters. Obviously, there is a little but of drinking because this book takes place in England; children are allowed to drink. Harry's best friend Ron is also not afriad to pull out a cuss when the situation calls for it. These swear words aren't too bad---- a-word and h-word level swearing. And that's the maximum language use throughout the entire series. Overall, if your kid is reading these books, I wouldn't stop them; it will not only benefit them to read this instead of watching the television. Their vocabulary will expand, their reading ability will sky-rocket, and you may just watch your child turn into a nerd. Happy day. If you're uncomfortable about anything, I recommend reading the book ahead of them or listening to audio. Happy Reading!
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2013

Amazing

BEST BOOK EVER! Great role models and amazing life lessons!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuckyDucky April 18, 2013

By Edward Jenkins

I’m a going to tell you a report about Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. It all begins When Harry Potter is born. The evil wizard Voldemort tries to kill Harry Potter but, Harry Potter lived that attack. Harry Potter was the boy who lived although he had a scar in the shape of a lightning bolt that would remain on his forehead forever. His scar usually burns when Voldemort is near. Ten years old Harry never knew how his parents were killed (by Voldemort) and grew up with his mean Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and bratty older cousion Dudley. One certain month he keeps getting letters about his invitations to a school called Hogwarts. They all runaway to an island with a shack on it. Uncle Vernon was sure they would get no letters there and they didn’t. At midnight it turned Harry’s birthday then he heard a bang. A giant called Rubius Hagrid crashed through the door wishing Harry a happy birthday. He then told Harry Potter all about his life that he could and asked Harry would come to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry accepted and went on a adventure with two friends called Ron Herminie. Together they go on an amazing journey filled with excitement, fear,wonder, and magic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 21, 2011

BORING

The Harry Potter books are very boring and don't go at a fast pace
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2011

the sorcerer's stone never shatters

A great 300+ paged novel, but it does have its expenses. Younger kids may not appeal to the mentioning of 3-headed dog pursuit or unicorn blood, but it's a great book with detail, humor, and lots of good lessons of life, even when you're having too much magical fun to cope with it. Definitely a tween-recommended novel for fantasy junkies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byplo334 August 17, 2011

FUN FUN FUN FUN

a freaking great thing. i read it in a week and i reading it again. BUT have some violence that kids may imagine on their heads and disturbing details. some litlle smoke and cigarretes references. drink too
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byHillstrom June 30, 2011

positive message

I think parents should focus on the message of good vs evil. It's full of fantasy and magic wich appeals to children (of all ages) but don't let over shadow the lessons kids can take away from this wonderful book. Yes it absolutely encourages kids to read more and more.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

Educational as always, THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!

A little violent and scary but less scarier than the movie and very AWESOME!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2011

There's a reason it's most famous series of all time...

It's Harry Potter. Need I say more? Fantastic messages and great role models. Some violence but not very scary at all. I do think the whole "Voldy growing out of the back of Quirrel's head" a tad creepy, but it's clever and interesting and there is not a thing about Harry Potter that needs to change!
Kid, 9 years old January 26, 2011

so good

harry is a great role models lord v bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 August 14, 2010

Amazing book

This book is amazing. I literally could not put it down. The Harry Potter series is literally the best book series I have ever read. Filled with a well-crafted world, rich characters, and an intriguing plot, kids are sure to be sucked into this wonderful novel. There is some violence, but not too much. SPOILER ALERT there is more violence at the end when Harry fights Voldemort END OR SPOILER. There is also some references to drinking but it's not a lot. As for language, there was one d-mn (it didn't bother me) and some exclamations of Good Lord! But it's not very much. 5 out of 5 stars :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bytrackgirl175 July 18, 2009

great book

i think this is a great book for ages 7 and up. my little sibling just read it and thinks its great she understood all of it i recently reread it and love it as much as i did as when i was younger.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn January 10, 2009
I love this book! It is really, really good! I couldn't stop until I finished!
Parent Written byParrentio October 4, 2015