All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Magical start of bestselling Potter phenomenon.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIsntThatGreat June 28, 2010

Great book for all ages!

I started reading this book when I was 5, and it's still one of my favourites.
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2010

Excellent read for all ages!!!

It's absolutely fantastic, even for adults maybe. There's a lot of adventure in there and the magic is very interesting and fun to read about. Harry Potter is the perfect balance of action, schooling struggles, evil and cool magic!
Teen, 17 years old Written byPieCakeCookie123 April 22, 2010

Don't think about it, JUST READ!!!!

Fantastic book. I don't think I should say more!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 14, 2010

Welcome to Hogwarts!

The Harry Potter books are just...magical. While the other books are dark, this one is very tame. Any kid old enough to understand it should be fine, except for the very faint of heart. Beware - this may be the start of an obsession! But it's made me a better person. Now I always ask myself "What would Hermione do?".
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2010

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWSOME! I loved reading this book! I didn't want to start it, but once I did, I couldn't put it down, and ended up reading half the night! (I read this when I was 7)
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2010

Great book! the start of a great series!

harry potter goes to hogwarts and finds out he is the only person ever to live after being attacked by the dark lord you-know-who [Voldemort] in this book he strikes again!
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bypebchristian March 23, 2010

Not as good as the others in the series

This first novel in the series was good but not as skillfully handled as the others. It perhaps the least violent in the entire series. But it has a good concept and good overall plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRachael B. March 10, 2010

Excellent book! First in the HP series, and one of the ones that I'd say is ok for younger readers. There's a scary part where Voldmort drinks unicorn blood in the forest, but other than that it's fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrooky30 March 5, 2010

Lays the Foundation

I think this is a great book because it lays the foundatoin for the future Harry Potter readers.
Kid, 12 years old March 2, 2010

Double digits and up will love it

This is a great book. There is a LITTLE bit of swearing and drinking but the main problem is violence: besides a lot of knocking-around, a unicorn has blood sucked from its neck, and at the end, Quirrel explodes into molten dust. Otherwise this is a great book for double digits+
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 February 19, 2010

Great book, mild compared to the others, but may not be suitable for children under 10.

This is a great book, and definitely mild compared to the rest, but still I don't think it is entirely appropriate for children under 10, and may be iffy for some 10 year olds. Compared to the other books that I have read: Sorcerer's Stone is 10+, Chamber of Secrets is 10+, Prisoner of Azkaban is 13+, Goblet of Fire is barely 13+, and may be more of a 14+ for many people. I am currently reading Order of the Phoenix, and I haven't read Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hollows yet, but from what I've read of Order of the Phoenix so far the series is definitely taking on a darker tone.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2010

ah-mazing

this is the classic harr potter, the begginning. if u havnt read the series u need 2. the book is awesome and is about harry who has been treated horribly by his aunt, uncle, and cousin, dudly. then he learns he is a wizard and suddenly he is famous, rich and, well, magical. he becomes best friend with ron, a redhaired, freckly, kid who comes from a poor but large famly. and hermione, a complete bossy know-it-all. the story continues on in perfect plot and clues r hidden all over the story. its impossible 2 read the book and not finish the series. i would reccomend it 2 anyone i could and 1 of my friends luves it now that i told her 2 read it. it gets a little violent, but not 2 much. one charachter gets hurt both emotionally and phisicall. its still THE (not one of the, THE) best book.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2009

love

REVIEW: i am currently reading this book and let me tel u, its great. i was juss telling mii mom about how i would love to read the very next one. HIGHLITES/CONCERNS: i put on highlights, that it was verry educational because i think the book really gets you ready for your child (to parents) to get ready for Hogwarts Wizarding School! and i put the rest 4 no reason but theyr true. :)
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byMKCC December 23, 2009

grrrrrrrrate

I am 8 and love this book sooooo much I think the author who wrote this was very good at it.I also think that the movie is very good too.
Kid, 10 years old November 21, 2009

perfect for people that can read well

i love it! its been a family book for a while. there is a little violence but thats mainly when they break a rule. but for a good reason like saving someone. it has good role models. each character has their own personality which i like. i started reading them when i was five and i loved them ever sense.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2009

a bit scary but a great book, it might just be the book that gets you reading!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byvictory98 October 17, 2009

A good book.

I loved this book. I good book for a family of all ages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFantasyFiend12 October 10, 2009

Good book. Nice start to a brilliant fantasy series.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 6, 2009

a must read

tis book is a good book for kids and young teens to read. but there is some vilonce and the reading and content will probably be to much for 7 year olds and younger. but 8 year olds even though the content is suggestive and it is a little challenging it think they should try reading it. and kids that are 9 and up should definetly read it!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old September 30, 2009