All member reviews for Hatchet

Teen, 16 years old Written byNoseBleed April 26, 2011

I didn't like it but you might! :)

I thought that Hatchet was an okay book. The story line was somewhat boring in places and didn’t have any strong characters. Yes, Brian was there and you got to know him somewhat, but there was no other character interaction. I’m not saying it has to be another person that magically appears in the middle of the wilderness but it would be nice if Brian had a companion of some sort. Also, Hatchet seemed to be written very poorly. Almost every sentence was repeated many times and it annoyed me very much! But I have to say, I did like the fact that I felt like I learned something in the end! If I were stranded in the wilderness I might be able to make it a few days longer with the help of Hatchet! :) To me, the book had no "Inappropriate" things whatsoever. Yeah, he did kill some animals but don't we all eat meat?
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

Fast-paced!

I absoulutely LOVE this book, but one of the big issues is the Brian's mother cheated on his father. Brian must kill many things to survive in the wild, there are also a few iffy words used. Brian often thinks of McDonald's, but he is a great role-model! This is a great book for any one ages 9+!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhanniefrannie July 10, 2011

im a good book but not for little kids

well it was the best at pages 1-32 the middle kinda tells how he survives but the end was good,now i think well im 10 and some of the words i couldn't read and it said a couple of bad words so i'd say ages 10-29 anyway it was good and if you read you will enjoy it but once you start you just can't stop (literally) love ya'll bye ps. don't let kids under the age of 10 read it Thank you
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2009

I loved this book, and it's very educational! I read this in 4th grade and our whole class loved it!!!!
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2011

good book

good book read it for school my fav part is the tornado
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2011

Really good book!

We read this for school at our Surviour Book club and I thought it wouldn't be the most exciting book. The first few chapters were sort of just intruducing how the book starts.. which is where he's in the plane and I didn't really want to keep reading but I did, and it got REALLY, really good!
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2010

A repetitive and gross book

This book was intesting at the beggining and the very end, but during the middle it kind of slowed down and got boring, and repetitive. some good words to describe it are eposodic(if that was spelled correctly), repetitive, and repulsive.

i crued after i thought he was going to get killed...lol

This is s very good book i read this in the 4ht grade and i think it is very interesting and younger kids i think would love it...=]
Kid, 8 years old March 4, 2009

sweet

I just loved this book it was so cool. I couldn't stop reading it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybeautifulgirl77 September 14, 2010

Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2009

Great survival story!

A totally GREAT book about a kid surviving in the wilderness. Read it now!
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2010

Love it!!!!
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2009

sweet

I'm reading the sequel brain's winter in school!We just finished reading hatchet and now we're making dioramas!
Teen, 17 years old Written byThe Real Gordon... April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bySWIFTER May 9, 2010

Hatchet Rocks!

Love it! Wonderful book, I've read it several times! Gary Paulsen is a wonderful author too!
Teen, 13 years old Written byninja pizza January 5, 2011

i hate this boooooookkkkk :(((((((((((((((((((((((((
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaplefrost March 26, 2011

One of my favorite books of all time.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2011

SUPERB!!!

Hatchet was great! i read it two years ago in 4th grade, along with Brian's Winter. both great books!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDavidhanno December 1, 2010

Great for just starting to read novels. And fun to read for fun.

The story shows that through struggle and hard times, that even in the worst situations, we can prevail.
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2010

BEST BOOK IVE EVER READ

I LOOOOVE this book it was the first book id ever read that was more than 200 pages. Anyone can read it but children under 8 or 7 wont understand it. Also one D word in the book