All member reviews for Hattie Big Sky

A must read book that a cried all through!!

Hattie Big sky was a GREAT book that we read at school. It taught us many useful things. Perilee was probably the plot of the story. I love this book even when i cried!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... October 17, 2009

A trip to reality

It was a really good book my teacher let me read it and i am 13 and it didnt affect me any its not like your kids have never seen a cigarret before the book doesn't describe it to the t it just says thing like a man sitting there chewing tabacco it's not a bad book because its real not like all the other books where they try to sugar coat it your kids need a bit of reality so let them read the book and lay off
Teen, 14 years old Written byactress4jesus April 10, 2011

Great Historical Read!

I loved this cross between "Little House On The Prairie" and "Pride and Prejudice." It starts out a little slow, but once I started to read it, I was HOOKED! I read this around the time I was ten, and it's not inappropriate, but the situations surrounding World War One can be a little hard to understand for a kid under the age of ten.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykj4536 December 13, 2009

Great!

I'm 15, and I absolutely loved this book. I got it as a gift a year or so ago and I just got around to reading it. It provides insight on isolation, freedom, injustice, leadership, compromise, faith, and loyalty. The story tells the life of a girl, Hattie, who learns to live on her own and find the true meaning in relationships with family and friends and the importance of learning to grow with each new experience. By the end of her story, she has learned a lot about her self and about the world around her. I think it is a great book and Kirby Larson deserves praise for including so many aspects of life and meaning in a tale about opinions and growth.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKrazykoolkid12 April 9, 2008

I good book with a good message

I loved this book. I'm not really a history fan, but I did like the fact that this book gave the reader different perspective on life during war.Even on 320 acres of Montana land people were affected by the happenings over seas. As for the whole message of the story, I thought it showed the true meaning of loyalty, family and friends. I liked it alot!
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 4, 2010

This is DEPRESSING! :( If you cant't stand sad books, do NOT read! Educational, though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymmg_777 March 1, 2010

it is a good book for anybody that likes to read

i love this book i am only 14 and love it i think it is a good educational type thing if you love the older setting theme type books you will love this book!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykarikari April 9, 2008

A really good book about life and racism

This book was really good. It was about a teenage girl who has never felt she belonged anywhere trying to find a place to belong and call her home. Through this experience she learns about the hard work and self dedication it takes to do something for yourself and prove to other people that you are worthy of trust and kindness. All of her experiences on the prairie teach her the valuably lesson that just because someone wasn't born where you were doesn't mean they aren't kind and should be treated unfairly.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoopydoopy April 9, 2008

I had to read it!

I had to read this book for school so I was forced to read it! I am very disapointed that I had to read it. I don't think that anyone should read this book!