All member reviews for Hollow City: Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, Book 2

Gripping, creepy sequel time-travels to 1940s London.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymusic_and_stuff_11 December 14, 2014

Amazing Eerie Novel!

Hollow City is a great book! The Peculiars are wonderful characters (e.g. Horace becomes braver and Bronwyn is a fantastic mother figure to Olive and the others. ) and they all care deeply for each other. (Even Enoch has his moments.) There is some violence, but kids 10 and up should be able to handle it. The pictures are haunting and beautiful. Hollow City is a perfect mix of horror, adventure and romance. I love this book and I can't wait for the 3rd one. I hope you like Hollow City as much as I do.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycaitann11 August 10, 2014

Great sequel

A bit violent. But an excellent story! Love all the freaky pictures that go with it. I couldn't read it before I went to bed though. (nightmares alert) could read over and over again. Likeable characters
Adult Written byvictorianmermaid August 6, 2015

I loved it

I loved it! It has a huge amount of violence and gore, including an impaled little girl. Not for the easily scared or grossed out. For a mature reader.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2017

Just as good as the first book!

The second book in the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series is almost as good as the first! The swearing in this book went from an 8 in the first book to a three in this one. The peculiar children's adventure continues, and meet some new characters and other peculiar people. Filled with humor and adventure, along with a great plot, this book is sure to want you reading the last, and see how the mission to save all peculiardom turns out.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylingling August 17, 2016

Terrific novel!

Its definitely a must-read book to what I believe teens 13 and above. Absolutely a 'cliffhanger' and always keeps you on the edge of your seat. Having read the first novel "miss peregrines home for peculiar children", I had braced myself for what to expect in "Hollow City". Absolutely outstanding! You'll be kidding yourself if you turn down a book like this one :)) the writing style is highly expectable, enabling teens to relate to the characters, mentally. The author creates diversity and drama and believe me, after reading the first chapter, you won't want to put the book down!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybookgeek101 April 22, 2015

2nd book still going strong

The second book in this series is still good with creepy old pictures. The story is great with a lot more time-travelling (from the 1940 to the 1920s and back to modern times). It gives lots of adventure and more peculiar powers!
Adult Written byokaykelley October 28, 2014

Great Book for Young Adults

I thought it was clean and to the point. Easy to follow and understand. Fun adventure with some horror. Watch out for violence though.