All teen and kid member reviews for Hoot

Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2011

I think that the book hoot is telling you that you shouldn't kill nature or people will find out and do something to you
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 23, 2009

Language is iffy, but great message!

Well,2 years ago, my whole class in 5th grade read this book, and it was really good. Parents, there are a few swear words in this book, which I don't think were needed. But anyway, this book is about a kid named Roy who moves to a new school and he and his friends, "Mullet Fingers" and Beatrice, help him save some owls from getting their homes taken away from them. The book is interesting, and it has a great message and ending.
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2010

Perfect for anyone who has an A.R. Reading Level of 5.5 or higher

This is a great story for the young to read. It is about sticking to your goal and acheiving it using teamwork. It's touching when all of the owls are saved after Roy gives the meaningful speech.
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2010

scat is way better!

One day I started reading this book and I found some bad languge. I also found a lot of violents! There were guns and all that bad stuff. I also found in the book people smoking! Scat is way better than this book!
Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots March 14, 2011

Too Much Language

I thought the book was pretty good, but I stopped reading it because I thought there was too much language.
Teen, 16 years old Written byunderdawg July 20, 2011

the best book ever

there is a good message and it is not 2 reck land because animals homes r there but there is a lot of violence and some cussing there is a lot of product placement also such as reebok and ihop but it was the best book i have ever read
Teen, 13 years old Written byHOOT IS BEAST November 8, 2011

HOOT IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!

OMG best book I have ever EVER read!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't you will never find a good book again! Just saying!
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2011

This is a great book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

OMG!!!!!! excelentae

AWEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEE
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2011

good!

it was really good
Teen, 13 years old Written byKarl Pleus October 24, 2011

Hoot book Review by Kyle Hagen

This book is excellent for kids and adults to read. It's funny appropriate and not sexually inappropriate. It says something about our environment in a general casual way. I love the way that Carl Hiaason wrote the POV of the characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJookie September 14, 2010

Good for anyone over 11

Good book, good moral, slight foul language use(small amount)
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 30, 2010

Okay

Same as the book not bad not great... it's a typical novel. There were some boring parts and I think the bullying that goes on at school was exagerated.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2014

I'm not a fan of reading books, but Hoot entertained me.

I read this book in school expecting it to be bad (like most books I have to read) but I enjoyed it. it had a lot of jokes, a great storyline, and an overall message about the environment. its a little long but it is fast-paced and entertaining. It has a frequent uses of *ss, d*nm and h*ll and a charcater bribes a bully by pretending to have cigarettes, but there is no love interests or inappropriate content. Overall, Hoot is a great book so READ IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjboogie2000 December 20, 2011

good oppion

this is a book that is interesting and its very adventures and kids really gets into this book my kids love this book they always ask me to read it to them I think this is a good book and i think your families will love it
Teen, 14 years old Written byspider monkey April 7, 2011

The book hoot by Carl Hiaasen is fantastic. It is about a boy,Roy, who comes to a new town and is expecting to find no friends. To his surprise one day he sees a boy running barefooted along side the school bus. He watches the boy as he is getting choked to death on the bus by the school bully. He figures out that the soccer jock ,named Beatrice Leep, of the school is his sister. The running boy has been pulling harmless pranks on a contruction site in order to delay the work hours of a Mother Paulas pancake house being built. He's doing this because he found owl holes in the ground and innocent owls about to be harmed. For a prank he let out a few snakes with their mouths taped shut. The guard dogs around the place got scared and bit the running boy's arm. He was seriously injured and he had to go to a hospital. They had to use Roy's name because everyone thought the running boy was a missing person for he ran away from home not to long ago. They get caught up in the police a few times, but they get away. Its a very intense book and i just don't want to put it down. I finish a chapter and then move right on to the next one. its hard to find books like that. This one is especially one of my favorite books. What do you think? Will the owls get saved? -AEC
Kid, 8 years old January 21, 2011

this is a great movie I think that it is a good movie because itsinspiring and teaches about good freindship
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2009

its an alwright book but it dint get my atention so much

A great book

Really, it has only a little "colorful language" in it that im sure kids use behind their parents back. Its a really great book that "I" happen to enjoy. Really I think the parents should let there kids read this, its up to the kids not the parents.