All member reviews for How to be Popular

Predictable book with a positive point; tweens OK.

Teen, 14 years old Written byforgetregret93 April 9, 2008

One of the best Meg Cabot books!

Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2010

miss

i love this book so much . i am doing a synophsis of this book for my school work :)
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2009

Awesome Book!

This is a really wonderful book. My friend recommended it to me, and I was pleasantly surprised. It took a few chapters for me to get into it, but I was so glad I kept reading. I highly recommend this book.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2009

MY FAVROITE MEG CABOT BOOK!

this is a book you can read 10 times and still find intresting!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytori9lm April 9, 2008

Really good

the book teaches a great lesson about how not to turn your back on your friends and where being popular gets you.
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12 year old Written bycremepie998 September 2, 2012

OK for mature kids...

My daughter saw this book in the local bookstore, read the back, and begged me to buy it. We decided I would read it first, and if it was OK, she would read it also. Its not a bad book. The kids swear a lot, and it mentions "Turkish Sex" but i think it is appropriate for kids 11 & up. Some people may call this irresponsible, and I sort of agree, so my daughter and I read it together. I taught her not to use fowl language and it is OK. In the end, the main character learns a lesson that is a positive message, although I wouldn't call her a role model. You must TRUST that your kid will read the book and won't go inappropriate. I trusted my kids. What about you?
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 19, 2012

how be popular

Families can talk about other books and movies that deal with the concept of popularity. What other titles can you think of? How accurate are their depictions of what it's like to be "popular" -- and not? Are most popular kids really rich, gossipy, and mean? And if so, why would anyone want to be part of an A-group?
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2011

Overall not a bad choice for young teens (:

Although predictable, this book encourages kids - especially girls- to not focus on popularity as the main thing in their life because it can be taken away from you just as quickly as you got it! It's important to - although it sounds cliche- be true to yourself. You never really know what you have till it's gone!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKasey Akins May 5, 2011

Perfect for kids in High School and for those trying to "fit in".

Ilove the book I read it for a report for my English class. I am a High School Student and this is book has a message that kids should look up to. It teaches you to not care what others think and to just be yourself. It shows you that you dont need money, nice clothes, or prefect ahir to be popular. It shows you that just being nice gets you where you should be on your popularity level. It someone doesn't like you for who you are then oh well is what the main message of this very interesting book is.
Teen, 16 years old Written byprakriti May 3, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrianna1124 December 29, 2010

Great book for teens!

Very good book!! I love almost all of Meg Cabot's books, she is an amazing writer! I read this book about a year ago, my main problem was the kissing, and making out. Multiple times in the book Steph, the main character watches her neighbor get undressed. There is some bad language in the book but nothing really bad. But overall I really liked this book.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byMikayla... December 6, 2010

Good for teens and tweens

My daughter read this book and loved it.She's 12 years old and read it for a project in literature. She was mainly concerned with the language. I'm just glad that I taught her to not use that kind of language but she won't repeat it. Thank the Lord. I read the book when it first came out and I loved it.
Kid, 12 years old November 1, 2010

for kids 11and older

i think its a little inapropriet.
Adult Written byedrianna September 19, 2010

Great t-weans and older kids.

I can read this book 1,000,000
Teen, 13 years old Written byveekaye08 July 18, 2010

i prefer this for teens.

i think this book is a good book for people who isn't popular and will understand what Steph Laundry got through in the book. i ould recommend this to people who wants to be popular..
Teen, 16 years old Written byMochito February 24, 2010

Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2009

It was a brilliant book, and I highly reccomend it. Steph, the main character, is very unpopular. But after finding a book which is called 'How to be popular', she starts getting more and more popular. But her Guy friend, dosent like the new her. She recalls an interesting story or her and her ex-friend, and how they broke
Teen, 15 years old Written byBookAddict October 29, 2009

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2009

perfect for twelve year olds

i was personaly inspiered by this book and when my school starts again i am going to follow the rules in the book. when o think about it, i realize that i dont actually follow those rules in everyday life.

Meg Cabot is a genius!!!!!!

This book is a absolute must read for everyone entering something new... I fell in love with the title to start off with, then the whole storyline and every chapter has a new thing on how to be populr and as I read them in my head I knew it was how popular people should act but not how they do act... So I think this story will help entertain you and inform you that you should keep your friends no matter how different they are. Eveyone is weird in their own way!