All member reviews for How to be Popular

Teen, 13 years old Written bytori9lm April 9, 2008

Really good

the book teaches a great lesson about how not to turn your back on your friends and where being popular gets you.

Meg Cabot is a genius!!!!!!

This book is a absolute must read for everyone entering something new... I fell in love with the title to start off with, then the whole storyline and every chapter has a new thing on how to be populr and as I read them in my head I knew it was how popular people should act but not how they do act... So I think this story will help entertain you and inform you that you should keep your friends no matter how different they are. Eveyone is weird in their own way!
Teen, 14 years old Written byforgetregret93 April 9, 2008

One of the best Meg Cabot books!

Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2009

MY FAVROITE MEG CABOT BOOK!

this is a book you can read 10 times and still find intresting!
Teen, 16 years old Written byprakriti May 3, 2011
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2009

perfect for twelve year olds

i was personaly inspiered by this book and when my school starts again i am going to follow the rules in the book. when o think about it, i realize that i dont actually follow those rules in everyday life.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2009

Awesome Book!

This is a really wonderful book. My friend recommended it to me, and I was pleasantly surprised. It took a few chapters for me to get into it, but I was so glad I kept reading. I highly recommend this book.
Kid, 12 years old November 1, 2010

for kids 11and older

i think its a little inapropriet.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKasey Akins May 5, 2011

Perfect for kids in High School and for those trying to "fit in".

Ilove the book I read it for a report for my English class. I am a High School Student and this is book has a message that kids should look up to. It teaches you to not care what others think and to just be yourself. It shows you that you dont need money, nice clothes, or prefect ahir to be popular. It shows you that just being nice gets you where you should be on your popularity level. It someone doesn't like you for who you are then oh well is what the main message of this very interesting book is.
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2009

It was a brilliant book, and I highly reccomend it. Steph, the main character, is very unpopular. But after finding a book which is called 'How to be popular', she starts getting more and more popular. But her Guy friend, dosent like the new her. She recalls an interesting story or her and her ex-friend, and how they broke
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2011

Overall not a bad choice for young teens (:

Although predictable, this book encourages kids - especially girls- to not focus on popularity as the main thing in their life because it can be taken away from you just as quickly as you got it! It's important to - although it sounds cliche- be true to yourself. You never really know what you have till it's gone!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Just like every other Cabot

I could predict this book even before I started reading it but thats because I have read all of Meg's books. It follows that typicl Cabot setup: Girl (not popular) has some life changing thing happen, falls in love with someone that she wasn't sure she liked but all of the clues are there, by the end of the book they are together, probaly making out. But anyways, I thinks its a good book and a quick easy read.

Loved It!!!

I could not put this book down!! It has a good plot and storylinE.I recomend it for all the fellow tweens!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrianna1124 December 29, 2010

Great book for teens!

Very good book!! I love almost all of Meg Cabot's books, she is an amazing writer! I read this book about a year ago, my main problem was the kissing, and making out. Multiple times in the book Steph, the main character watches her neighbor get undressed. There is some bad language in the book but nothing really bad. But overall I really liked this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byveekaye08 July 18, 2010

i prefer this for teens.

i think this book is a good book for people who isn't popular and will understand what Steph Laundry got through in the book. i ould recommend this to people who wants to be popular..
Teen, 15 years old Written byBookAddict October 29, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written byMochito February 24, 2010

Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2010

miss

i love this book so much . i am doing a synophsis of this book for my school work :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bymichkeythemonkey April 9, 2008

A DEFINITE Must read

for all kids in middle school or just entering high school, or maybe even that adult who felt like they were the loaner or the geek in High School/Middle School; this book is for you. I have read this book about three times and I can't get over it. I love how Meg can incorperate comedy into her books, it can just make me laugh as I read and keep me interested. She also knows how to write like how a kid my age [fourteen-fifteen] would write, she knows how we feel, and she has used a rather cool writing tecnique from what i heard. She kept many diaries when she was about fifteen and then saved them, using them for her current books now when she writes as a teen aged girl. I love this book because I could really invision myself as the main character, and the book kept me interested. I guess you really have to like the style of writing she uses to appreciate it. I most certainly did and I'd recomend it to almost anybody, though I can pretty much bet that a man would not like this book, because she writes mostly 'chick-lit' and i doubt a boy would gain attention to this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybballbabe April 9, 2008

this was a really good book i read it after my parents got it for me for christmas(b/c i told them to) it has a really good ending