All member reviews for I Capture the Castle

Captivating story of teen's eccentric English family.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoony718 July 25, 2014

One of My Favorite Books

One of my favorite books. I simply adore Cassandra, and her clever, humorous journal entries are wonderfully enticing. A book that has never left me since I have read it. Maybe just one little questionable thing, but chances are that little kids wouldn't understand it, and there is nothing graphic surrounding it. I prefer not give ages- some kids are more mature than others!- but I'll say the interest and reading level is for pre-teens and up.
Parent of a 3, 8, 11, and 13 year old Written byKathyJ September 6, 2012

LOVED IT

I read this book when I was 13 and I loved it. I found an old copy of it in my mother's childhood bookshelf and I immediately fell in love with it. I still have the original copy that my mother read and I read and I hope to have my daughter read it when she turns 12. It is sweet, sincere and lovely but I don't know what today's teenagers would think of it. It is a first romance kind of a book. Give it a try - you might love it, too.
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2013

Incredible book!

This book was amazing! I read it when I was twelve, but the reason that I would recommend it for older is because I don't think many others my age would enjoy it. This book was written for young adults, and 12 year-olds may not appreciate the writing style as much now as they would when they are older.
Adult Written byfayfran June 26, 2014

Never out of print in the UK!

This isn't a 'lost classic' in Britain, it's a pure classic. And her name isn't Cassie (she's never, ever called that in the book - don't dumb down, it's self-defeating as kids who read this will have to get used to her name) it's Cassandra. People here name their daughters after her. It is an amazing book and a rite of passage read for a great many British girls to this day. I don't know that every American family will understand it - but I hope you do in the same was that we here understand To Kill A Mockingbird. Something from a different place and a different time, but that speaks to all of us. Enjoy.