All member reviews for I Funny: A Middle School Story

Teen, 13 years old Written bySamuel M. July 24, 2013

I Funny: A powerful novel full of humor and heart

I Funny is a powerful representation of the middle school zeitgeist, with an exceptional amount of heart compared to Patterson's Middle School series. The story of Jamie's dreams of becoming a comedian despite his disability makes him a great hero to root for against his odds. The book begins as a hurricane of traditional Patterson humor, but as the book evolves it gets surprisingly moving and really hits home by the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynehaiyer_ October 2, 2014

Neha I. 8-409

“I Funny” by James Patterson, was a phenomenal book. The story had a twist to it, a boy named Jamie is paralyzed due to an accident that happened with his parents and sibling. In the car accident he ended up being the only one alive. After that, he ended up moving in with his uncle and aunt and had a dream of being a famous comedian. He has his number one fan, his other uncle, Uncle Frankie. He went through tough stages just to get to this place. I won’t give you the rest, but it’s a marvelous book. You need to but this book soon. I would also recommend this book because it really funny and it sort of has a romantic twist to it.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2014

I think its AMAZING!!

I love it. I love how it has a way to make me feel like it is me who is in it. I have had so many books say and look like its SO FUNNY and none are but this one, yes this one speaks the TRUTH. I f i had one word to describe its is, well, FUNNY. If you ask me, I would say read it! PS it has the main character as a crippled kid and to me its says dont be afraid to be who you are.